(Topic ID: 3278)

The Greenwood 4/20 Pinball Open!

By LaughingOtter

13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LaughingOtter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 13 years ago

Gotta love Seattle. Where else are you gonna find a pinball tournament happening on 4/20?

My wife has tie-dyed three dozen t-shirts for the event. I have yet to see a tie-dyed pinball event t-shirt anywhere!

If you find yourself in this part of the world, registration begins at 4:20 at Add-A-Ball/ADD Motorworks at 315 N. 36th in Fremont, right across the street from Brouwer's Pub.

Pinball, beer, chaos, and...other indulgences await!

#3 13 years ago

36 players went into heated competition at three locations.

The Games:
    Xenon, Johnny Mnemonic,and Flash Gordon were at Liberty House (Go Fighting Cannibals!),
    Eight Ball Deluxe and Xs and Os were at ANU's place (home of the possible STTNG coffin), and
    Lord of the Rings, Stars, Dragonfist, Nitro Ground Shaker, and Target Alpha were at Add-A-Ball (ADD Motorworks is their public identity, your moped or scooter can get fixed while you play!).

Egg Head, Spanish Eyes, and Strike Zone were brought into the playoffs at Add-A-Ball.

The Grand Prize: A Future Spa Pinball Machine!

I finished 16th of 36, which wasn't good enough to go on to the top-twelve playoffs. I did however manage to get an 89+K on Target Alpha, which was the best score on the only EM in the whole tournament.
    Cayle George (almost-impossibly good) won, George Lally (Really Cool Dude) finished second, Robert Gagno (yes, that guy!) finished third.
    Some people wore the tie-dyed t-shirts with pot leaves on them that my wife had crafted who would never be caught dead in real life wearing the same thing, much less endorsing it.
    George won a beautiful custom-crafted bong. Robert Gagno won a 24x13 painting of a pot leaf on a black background that an artist friend of ours had painted. Wonder what he's gonna do with that, eh?

Man, that was hilarious! I'm hearing you laughing too!

The next Seattle tournament is this Saturday at the Tiger Lounge in Georgetown. It's gonna be an all-EM tourney, which means I actually have a chance at the win!
    The last time the Tiger Lounge had a tourney was in February 2009 when Dominique had his debut EM tourney for Galactic Girl (IPDB 5559). There's seven EMs there already and Ben the owner says more will be there as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LaughingOtter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-greenwood-420-pinball-open?tu=LaughingOtter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.