You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210302_182919(0) (resized).jpg
IMG_7883 (resized).JPG
E51D6DF9-6E7C-41D9-ABEB-9998F68741CC (resized).jpeg
roger-sharpe-pinball-demo_4320 (resized).jpg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

Racking up ball number 12 on Rack-A-Ball, Bowling Queen or Mibs.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Not sure if it's a Gold only thing but if you start the 1st multiball with a vault shot instead of the chair you get a callout that says "Not the Bermuda Triangle!"...

I think the jackpot is doubled too.
Second only to "It has to warm up.. so it can kill you!" in my book, and hitting the vault (or Thing) makes such a satisfying metallic sound to boot.

Yep, I love that shot! I am going to try with the glass off. I have heard "it has to warm up" which I derive way too much amusement from.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Not sure if it's a Gold only thing but if you start the 1st multiball with a vault shot instead of the chair you get a callout that says "Not the Bermuda Triangle!"...

I think the jackpot is doubled too.
Second only to "It has to warm up.. so it can kill you!" in my book, and hitting the vault (or Thing) makes such a satisfying metallic sound to boot.

Just tried starting multiball with a vault shot (which I am sure I have done many times before in my 42 years) and didn't hear the callout.

#104 5 years ago

Lighting the spinner and ripping it in Quicksilver.

#105 5 years ago

Satellite Shot in Goldeneye.

#106 5 years ago

Quorra to Gem.

#107 5 years ago

The Hobbit - Right flipper backhand shot into the Radagast hole to start an arkenstone mode. Also, the deep lock/EB shot on Earthshaker.

#108 5 years ago

Completing the valley of the demons drop targets on Paragon.

#109 5 years ago

Hitting the bell in AC/DC, then having the bell swing back and smack the glass. Maybe not as satisfying as some, but always scares the crap out of people doing it

#110 5 years ago

Some of my favs:

Meteor Ripping a loaded spinner.
WWCS '94 Goal shot(s), especially during the Final against Germany.
LOTR Left ramp, and Destroying the Ring.
Star Trek Vengence Multiball shots against the Vengence when it is fired back at you with malice.
Fathom Left orbit, loading the top lock.
Flight 2k spinner/maze shot.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Just tried starting multiball with a vault shot (which I am sure I have done many times before in my 42 years) and didn't hear the callout.

The only TAFs I've played on, including my own, have had Gold ROMs so don't have a frame of reference. Maybe it was added by the Gold ROM then.

#112 5 years ago

Hitting the single target in BBB starting the Big Bang Mode.

#113 5 years ago

The choreography when killing Smaug in the Hobbit is unrivaled, but it's also wonderful to step into some Hobbit Arkenstone modes: I love the final Eagles flight of "Into the Fire" and the 3rd stage in the Cathedral of "Battle of Five Armies". Great graphics and wonderful soundtrack after hard action.
The final shot to finish the "Self Destruct" mode of the Alien pin is also very satisfying.

#114 5 years ago

Anyone for Flash Gordon bonus collect during the 5x playfield multiplier? All the better if the right spinner is lit and you rip it on the way up!

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Destroying the castle on MM

When I think of satisfying shots they are shots that only happen once in a handful of games. blowing up the castle is cool, but finishing the last shot in royal madness is even better.

it was already mentioned but NGG hole in one is the best for me, the fan fare is awesome.

#116 5 years ago

also getting mega jackpot on rescue multiball for WOZ.... I'm not sure how satisfying it would be since I've never completed it but nothing would make me happier.

#117 5 years ago

Back handing off the right flipper into Coffin Lock on BSD.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I do miss that one. Great game overall just wasn’t deep enough to stay.

Same here. Awesome on location, horrible in home.

#119 5 years ago

The animation and sound for getting the extra ball on TOTAN, feels good.

#120 5 years ago

Shooting the ball in Red’s mouth on Roadshow and she gags is a fave. I’ve owned it for 4 or 5 years and have only done it a handfull of times.

#121 5 years ago

Hitting the “D” target to blow reactor nine.

#122 5 years ago

Electrocuting sparky again while in multi ball. Great vibrations, sound effects, lighting and cussing Haha

#123 5 years ago

Upper right flipper shot of Fathom into the Lagoon Trap. If you’re very lucky every so often you can sideswipe the 1,2,3 drop targets and drop them all as you go..

#124 5 years ago

Advance Ransom on BK2K

#125 5 years ago

I think it's basically impossible to name a Greatest Single Shot in pinball. Way too many good ones to narrow it down. But...

I own a Flight 2000. It is one of the games I remember best that I played as a teenager at a local arcade I spent a ton of time at. To have one in my home today is absolutely awesome.

Every time I ever get multiball on F2K, it is just such a great shot. You have to put in a good bit of Old School pinball work to get there:
*Complete 10 rollovers.
*Lock 2 balls.
*Hit 5 numbered drops in descending order, 5 to 1.

Then comes The Shot. That's what it is referred to at my house - The Shot. People chirp about it all the time:

"Hey So-and-So, make The Shot."

The game is talking the whole time. You know when someone gets there. Even if you are busy on one of my other three tables, you know. And when you hear that Early 80s computerized male voice call out "ONE" to end the drop target countdown, you know there's just The Shot left. And, for a bonus, the shooter gets to rip a very lucrative spinner while making The Shot. Icing on the cake. Throw that third ball into the locking mechanism with The Shot and away goes multiball. The game even pauses for a second, just so the player can soak it in. Totally Old School.

It NEVER gets old.

Nostalgia? I suppose so, but I love it. Just tore F2K down tonight, cleaned the pf completely, dropped down 2 coats of Blitz Wax, slapped on new rubber and dropped in a new set of balls. Tomorrow (Saturday) my wife will be in Arizona visiting her Mom and the basement will be full of about a dozen loud, happy guys playing pinball. This will be the first time we're throwing down since I got my Fish Tales. We got a keg of Fruh Kolsch from Germany (almost half of the guys are professional brewers). Ordered in 2 cases of Blenheim Ginger Ale from South Carolina for mixed drinks. Picked up a few new bourbons. Ordered a six foot sub from an incredible Italian market. Rob's making giardiniera for the sub and setting up a bloody mary bar. Jerry's making a pork loin. Chris is bringing Campari. Jimmy's making hummous. Lord only knows what Lucas and Benjamin (2 German engineers) will bring.

CAN'T WAIT!

#126 5 years ago

Hands down Destroy the ring shot in LOTR is the single most satisfying shot imo

#127 5 years ago

Killing Smaug is the greatest “accomplishment” shot in all of pinball.

The best feeling shot is the main ramp on TOTAN

#128 5 years ago

Rudy sleeping shot on FH. Love hearing him spit the ball out!

#129 5 years ago

On a Raven, that shot where you,....um......you....uh,.....you know....,when....um.....

Just kidding, I loved my old Raven!

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I believe this is Gold ROM only

#131 5 years ago

Lotr ring hands down. Been said throughout but just so good

2 years later
#132 3 years ago

It's this one. For so many reasons.

20210302_182919(0) (resized).jpg20210302_182919(0) (resized).jpg
2 months later
#133 2 years ago

Plunge.

For me thats where it all started.

#134 2 years ago

Do or Die shot in Iron Man for the massive points.
3 target sweep in Quicksilver.
Upper left lock on Punk.
Getting he last target needed to lock up Double Bonus on EK.
Rippin the spinner on Harlem Globetrotters when it’s at 2000 a spin.
Hitting the scoop on Tron when Portal is flashing.

#135 2 years ago

The greatest *non* shot in pinball - Spin a Card when the outhole is lit for Special.

#136 2 years ago

JP3 smart missile.

#137 2 years ago

Long captive ball whip cracking super jackpot in Indiana Jones

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-greatest-single-shot-in-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.