(Topic ID: 331424)

The greatest selling and most successful pinball machine ever made?

By Vic_Camp

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

contact skill (resized).jpg
    contact (resized).jpg
    pinball guy (resized).jpg
    contact (resized).jpg
    Ballyhoo (resized).jpg
    4A1CC4D7-1C9E-41A6-83AE-B264D2353A51 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 1 year ago

That's most likely a unique machine in the picture. I don't think it's a gold edition as the bookcase doesn't look like it's gold, but the coin door is definitely gold(or chrome). The circle Bally sticker is on the backglass, instead of the playfield glass.

I wonder where that particular machine is, as well as that ribbon. I'm willing to bet someone still has them.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Accidentally crated and sold to a distributor in Michigan. Al at Action Pinball Warehouse in Fridley, MN. bought it from the distributor along with a NIB Bally Harley Davidson. Didn't know what he had until he opened it, he was after the Harley pin, he had to buy both games to get the Harley pin. He and his wife added their signatures inside the cabinet along with the other signatures.
    Williams wanted it back. Traded a NIB video game for it. I believe it was for a Cruisin USA, which was worth a lot more at the time.
    No idea what Williams did with it then.
    LTG : )

That's awesome Lloyd! At least someone knows the start of the story. Makes me wonder if WMS/Scientific Games has it somewhere, or if it got sold during a move or warehouse closing. To quote Henry Jones, Jr., "It belongs in a museum!"

#28 1 year ago

I wonder if the serial number is known to someone, and perhaps even on the IPSND website. Either way, a start to the story of that game is huge head start.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-greatest-selling-and-most-successful-pinball-machine-ever-made?tu=Miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.