Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by davewtf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Most of us have years of experience flipping, tilting, nudging, and gazing into the many colorful faces of pinball. Without thinking too hard on it, what comes to mind when recalling your "best moments" playing?

I'd have to say...

Addams Family - making tons of noise with that "SHOWTIME!" multiball mode
    World Cup Soccer 94 - so many GOOOOOALLLLLLs
    Black Knight 2000 - having a rockin' chorus of singers chronicle my pinball skills
    Safe Cracker - earning that first magic token
    Police Force - stacking that center ramp shot to the max value... zing Zing ZING ZZIIINGG ZZIINNGGITYZING
    Hollywood Heat - building up a HUGE bonus score and listening to it count down forever at earsplitting volume
    F-14 Tomcat - first time the Yagov kicker blasted the ball through my flippers... WTF!

#2 10 years ago

Hadnt played totan in a couple weeks. First game back hit 120million. Booyah!

#3 10 years ago

When I first learned I could move these things all by myself. In the truck, out of the truck, and right into my livingroom.
    Oh, you said playing. Sorry, I'll get back to you on that one.

#4 10 years ago

Portal Multiball. I had missed it so many times. Tensed up during Sea Of Simulation for a bad drain. The constant quest to get there. Finally the insert was lit, I got control and missed the scoop. Bounced around a bit more, got it back in control, and buried it in the scoop to start it. I'm not sure how long the multiball lasted. It felt like 20 seconds. But it was the best 20 seconds of pinball ever, because the Portal Monkey was finally off my back!

#5 10 years ago

Looking at thread title, I was thinking:

Invention of Flippers
    Roger Sharpe and the "Game of Skill"

Etc....

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Looking at thread title, I was thinking:
    Invention of Flippers
    Roger Sharpe and the "Game of Skill"
    Etc....

The thread body is also part of the thread.

#7 10 years ago

Yesterday. I just finished my Black Knight restore.

#8 10 years ago

Attacking Mars for the first time on RFM

POWER DOWN mode on JM in an unlit room.

Picking up my first machine.

The feeling of having billion point shot lit on BOP, and the disappointment of NOT hitting it.

#9 10 years ago

Watching Daniele Acciari rip through the field to win the PAPA Circuit Final in April....watching on GeekGamer. How sweet it was

#10 10 years ago

Pat Lawlor's consecutive run of great games from 1988-1993.

Pat's innovation of Rudy's talking head (1990), the vertical playfield on Banzai Run (1988), not to mention his work on Pinball 2000.

Where has this level of innovation on the playfield been since then?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinB:

Where has this level of innovation been since?

What are you saying...the shaking ship on Star Trek Pro isn't leaps and bounds more innovative than AFM's?

#12 10 years ago

Picking up my first pin was my best pinball moment.

#13 10 years ago

one of my best days was when me and two other buddies monopolized pinbot for an entire day at the arcade the day after it was shopped out and the high scores were wiped off. We played on one quarter for the whole day by just barely beating the top score and repeatedly earning 4 credits +1 for the replay. We took shifts playing the game while the others ate lunch and supper at godfather's. We also had the audacity to sell credits to people who wanted to play. I don't recall how many credits were on the game when the arcade closed that night. They were certainly gone the next morning.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

one of my best days was when me and two other buddies monopolized pinbot for an entire day at the arcade the day after it was shopped out and the high scores were wiped off. We played on one quarter for the whole day by just barely beating the top score and repeatedly earning 4 credits +1 for the replay. We took shifts playing the game while the others ate lunch and supper at godfather's. We also had the audacity to sell credits to people who wanted to play. I don't recall how many credits were on the game when the arcade closed that night. They were certainly gone the next morning.

Awesome.

Did you sell the credits for more or less than face value?

#15 10 years ago

Sex on a machine oh wait that hasn't happen yet down own one don't play my games hhaha dreaming.

Best moments so far making top 16 in higher ranked tournament
    Winning TZ backer tourney on pinball arcade
    Putting my initials on first pinball machine I played since a kid ACDC

#16 10 years ago

Gorgar SPEAKS This made it a little more man against machine kinda.

On a personal note the first time I achieved the 5 ball multiball on Centaur was pretty intense.

#17 10 years ago

Going way back....playing Flash for the first time as the first machine with background sound and letting that crazy escalating tone get to me.

Late 80's....starting a game of BK2K and a girl asks to play doubles. After 15 minutes on ball 1 she goes off to talk to her friends. After 45 minutes I'm still playing extra balls on ball 1. She gives up and goes home.

Recently....restoring my grail pin and powering it up for the first time with the restored playfield in it and everything works perfectly -- no shorts, all mechs and lamps work.

Bill

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Going way back....playing Flash for the first time

Same here. At the time, I'd only played EM games. The lights, flashers and sounds of Flash totally blew me away. This was the moment my pinball addiction started.

Getting my VERY FIRST EVER multi-ball. It was Firepower back in '80. I had no idea it was coming when Firepower started the countdown. When those balls started flying around I was almost in shock. I can still remember that moment like it wass yesterday.

Fast foward a few years, and my pinball addiction was renewed when I found the IPDB. It allowed me to see pictures of games long forgotten, like Flash, Flight 2000, Black Knight, Centaur, Xenon. It was like stepping back in time.

Bringing my very first pinball machine home, and learning how to work on it - Flash.

Repairing my first 'project' machine - Bally Black Jack.

Getting my first System 11 - High Speed.

Getting Paragon - another 'grail' pin for me.

Getting my first DMD (Monopoly, which only lasted a couple months).

Opening my first NIB - AC/DC Premium.

..and finding a nice project Flash that I'll be picking up Saturday. I'm stoked!!

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Awesome.
    Did you sell the credits for more or less than face value?

i think it was a token per credit. It was 20+ years ago, can't remember for sure if we gave anyone a deal or not.

I do know that the person working that day advised us not to do that again or we'd get kicked out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-greatest-pinball-moments-were and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.