(Topic ID: 47138)

The Great Pinball Battle

By fastfingers666

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which machine is better?”

• Cactus Canyon 10 votes
      19%
    • Medieval Madness 42 votes
      81%

(52 votes)

#1 11 years ago

Here's the deal: Each week, I will release a survey asking which machine is better. Here are some things to consider before voting:

Rules: Are the rules easy to understand? Are they deep (e.g the simpsons pinball party)

Toys: Are toys fun and visually appealing (e.g the gumball machine from TZ)

Match Animations: Are they long and detailed (e.g CFTBL)

Music: Is the music nice (e.g Black Knight 2000)

This week: Medieval Madness VS. Cactus Canyon

Both of these machines are excellent 90s pins. Which is your favorite? Vote in the poll above.

#2 11 years ago

I love your idea!

#3 11 years ago

E's CCC dominates them all!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from fastfingers666:

Match Animations: Are they long and detailed (e.g CFTBL)

I cannot rate games based on this criteria. Also I have never played Cactus Canyon so I cannot vote
    I do however have VERY fond memories of playing MM back in '97.

#5 11 years ago

Wrong format. Take the top 32 or 64 on pinside. Survey 1 against 32 (or 64), 2 against 31 (or 63) etc. in a format similar to the NCAA. Let the best pin win.

#6 11 years ago

I have both and they are so different it's tough but I'd sell CC before my mm

#7 11 years ago

It's not really fair MM is a finished game CC is not.
    MM wins!

#8 11 years ago

CC is cool but MM by a mile.

#9 11 years ago

There is already a survey ranking which machine is better: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#10 11 years ago

Closer than the score indicates, however anything you put up against mm is gonna loose. Both great original themes. Code on cc isn't as unfinished as people seem to think. It's not 100% but its more than playable. Hard game to get a huge score on. Reminds me of SS in that respect.

Mm wins out in every category. Great rules, great toy, music and voices are top notch. Solid animations. If mm was released in 02-03 would have sold 20k+ without a sweat.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Kurisu:

There is already a survey ranking which machine is better: http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

That's true but again, ipdb's list is quite different. I want to try to figure out which list is more accurate. The top 100 has a lot of discrepancies ( Last time I checked, Dr. Dude wasn't even in it and NBAFB is a decent enough pin). Thanks for your opinion anyways.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

It's not really fair MM is a finished game CC is not.
    MM wins!

Actually, CC is more finished than a lot of people think. Sure, there is no match animation and a lot of features are missing but as @jaydawg0006 said, it's more than playable.

#14 11 years ago

Note: Next Week, the matchup will be CV VS. TOM. Since I can't make another poll, I ask for all voted be a post with the name of the machine you're voting for replied to this post. Please start voting this Saturday (the 23rd). A big thanks to everyone who voted this week !

#15 11 years ago

And the winner is... Medieval Madness!

Voting starts now for CV vs. TOM!

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from fastfingers666:

Saturday (the 23rd).

Oops, I meant the 20th

#17 11 years ago

For this week's survey, go to my new thread: The great pinball battle week 2!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-great-pinball-battle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.