(Topic ID: 297979)

The great Halloween abbreviation debate :)

By RC_like_the_cola

81 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 76 days ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“JCH or HWN or H78 ?”

• JCH 28 votes
    13%
  • HWN 163 votes
    77%
  • H78 20 votes
    9%

(211 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nick-Castle-michael-myers (resized).jpg
A7790ACF-0B51-4D19-A71D-3205F1249112 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
4E7E8721-A810-453E-A032-156C4FF2D0C9 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
jct2 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210803-163017_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210803-163052_Chrome (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 80 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm a horror fan and I've never used that ever. I refer to Halloween, and that other shit version

I have heard someone close to Spooky refer to the Halloween and Ultraman as the "good license" and "bad license". This was in code, so I'm not positive which was which. I think I'm getting the "bad license".

#102 80 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I have heard someone close to Spooky refer to the Halloween and Ultraman as the "good license" and "bad license". This was in code, so I'm not positive which was which. I think I'm getting the "bad license".

Could have also been a shot at John Wick (as bad) which they didn't land for one reason or another and HWN and UM as good.

#103 80 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Haha, in case it wasn't obvious, I was referring to Halloween and RZ's Halloween.

#104 80 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Haha, in case it wasn't obvious, I was referring to Halloween and RZ's Halloween.

I understand. That just reminded me of that quick story. I don't think there is any confusion with Halloween. It's either the original or you specify the remakes. In my case, based on sales, I think that individual may retract their statement.

#105 80 days ago

JCH get's my vote but I'd go with anything other than HWN, random letters from the title does not make an acronym! A year from now I'd be like HWN? Was there a pin called Hawaiian Wholesale Network

#106 80 days ago

Adam Sandler was the actor who played Michael Myers?

Nick-Castle-michael-myers (resized).jpg
#107 79 days ago

I'm really struggling with the randomness of HWN. I lost the vote so concede to refer to it as HWN most of the time but can't promise not to throw in JCH or 1031 every now and then. Just because I'm old and stubborn.

Yes, I'm talking about this again because there is nothing else to talk about.

#108 79 days ago

I wish 1031 would have been an option

#109 79 days ago

Did you know......Donald Pleasance only agreed to make the movie because his teenage daughter thought John Carpenter's music in Assault on Precinct 13 was 'cool'.

She's right.

Just passing the time until the Deadflip gameplay reveal.

#110 79 days ago

Some of the best games of all time only get two letters. TZ, IJ ...

I think going with a single letter shows strength.

What's in your collection? TWD, WOZ, IJ, GB, EBD, H

#111 79 days ago

OCT31

#112 79 days ago

I switched from Halloween to UKR just so I didn't have to worry about this decision!

#113 79 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I switched from Halloween to UKR just so I didn't have to worry about this decision!

What's UKR?

#114 79 days ago

The official abbreviation for Ultraman Kaiju Rumble!

#115 79 days ago

Well that's going to confuse the hell out of me.

#116 79 days ago

I still think H78 looks the best and the fastest to type!

#117 79 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The official abbreviation for Ultraman Kaiju Rumble!

Ukraine has a pinball machine? That abbreviation sucks more than HWN.

#118 79 days ago

Ultra....would be cool. Especially when it becomes #1 in the rankings.

#119 79 days ago

This one is easy......UMAN

#120 79 days ago

UKR has already been settled, like most every other pin that has a multi-word title, you go with the acronym. It's the one word titles that are tricky. Luckily Halloween has a multi-word title "John Carpenters Halloween"!

#121 79 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

UKR has already been settled, like most every other pin that has a multi-word title, you go with the acronym. It's the one word titles that are tricky. Luckily Halloween has a multi-word title "John Carpenters Halloween"!

Nope, I'm going with [email protected]#

#122 79 days ago

ULT made the most sense, if they want to go with UKR....well...smh.

Ain't no one going to refer to it by Ultraman Kaiju Whatever.

#124 79 days ago

Yeah, I feel like it's the same people that want JCH want UKR. Again, I think you have to start with what people actually call the machine. I don't think I've heard anyone say Ultraman Kaiju Rumble or John Carpenter's Halloween. Everyone just say's Ultraman or Halloween. With that in mind I'd stick with UM for Ultraman and HLW for Halloween. My first choice is to just take HW from Hot Wheels. I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about that game before.

#125 79 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think you have to start with what people actually call the machine.

When has it ever been about what people call a machine? Nobody says let's play "The Adams Family" or "The Walking Dead", or "Star Trek the Next Generation" etc. They say let's play Adams or Walking Dead or Next Gen. This was never a decision by committee, it's the pin's acronym. And when the acronym is already taken or the pin has a single word name, well then... shrug emoji lol!

edit: This came off sounding harsher than intended. No offense intended.

#126 79 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

When has it ever been about what people call a machine? Nobody says let's play "The Adams Family" or "The Walking Dead", or "Star Trek the Next Generation" etc. They say let's play Adams or Walking Dead or Next Gen. This was never a decision by committee, it's the pin's acronym. And when the acronym is already taken or the pin has a single word name, well then... shrug emoji lol!

To build on that. No one says let's play Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's usually, let's get a game going on Drac, but we all use BSD to refer to it when typing.

#127 79 days ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

To build on that. No one says let's play Bram Stoker's Dracula. It's usually, let's get a game going on Drac, but we all use BSD to refer to it when typing.

Correct.....I was just getting ready to say based on long-standing BSD, I would say JCH is the correct abbreviation............lol

#128 79 days ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Correct.....I was just getting ready to say based on long-standing BSD, I would say JCH is the correct abbreviation............lol

And I totally agree that JCH doesn't make me think Halloween, but based on prior naming conventions, it makes sense.

#129 79 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Nobody says let's play "The Adams Family" or "The Walking Dead"...

Please sir; AMC The Walking Dead.

#130 79 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please sir; AMC The Walking Dead.

Doh!

#131 79 days ago

I actually hate all the abbreviations and will try my best to just type the whole name of every game going forward. Not sure why that started and in what other hobbies is this used?

#132 79 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I actually hate all the abbreviations and will try my best to just type the whole name of every game going forward. Not sure why that started and in what other hobbies is this used?

What I hate worse is how this site divides every game into multiple versions...

#133 79 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Too funny.

#134 79 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Even funnier. (Also no offense intended) just trying to figure out how your speaking for everyone?

#135 78 days ago
Quoted from Manimal:

BSD separates it from other Dracula pins that came before it.

Halloween has no such problem, thus, it's HWN.

#136 78 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I say "Anyone want to play AF? or TWD? or STTNG?" all the time.

Come to think of it, that is probably why my family sent me away to be tested...

#137 78 days ago

What’s the word on H becoming the thing? Which would I rather type out 1000 times over the next 12 months: H or Halloween?

#138 78 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My first choice is to just take HW from Hot Wheels. I honestly don't think I've ever heard anyone talk about that game before.

If you're curious what folks say about Hot Wheels: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/hot-wheels-american-pinball/ratings

I am personally looking forward to playing HWN. Killer theme and looks like a fun layout.

#139 78 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

If you're curious what folks say about Hot Wheels - https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/hot-wheels-american-pinball/ratings
I am personally looking forward to playing HWN. Killer theme and looks like a fun layout.

Played HW for the first time at Pinfest last weekend and wasn't impressed. Just one ball on UKR and I was excited. Same for JCH or H78. Not sure what HWN is though?

#140 78 days ago

Pinball Talk episode 3: Halloween Pinball, i dont like the music, sorry guys

#141 78 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

If you're curious what folks say about Hot Wheels - https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/hot-wheels-american-pinball/ratings

Thanks. Seems like most enjoy the game. The game just never comes up with my group.

#142 77 days ago

Let’s see how many downvotes you can accumulate on this thread. You’ve got about -35 on the other thread. No one wants Euro trash techno or hokey butt rock music in HWN. We want the John Carpenter score. You don’t like it, well... maybe you’re a lame.

Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Pinball Talk episode 3: Halloween Pinball, i dont like the music, sorry guys

#143 76 days ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

If you're curious what folks say about Hot Wheels: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/hot-wheels-american-pinball/ratings

HW is a blast and was on the list of potential purchases.(Stern and JJP, not..)

HWN is just what I was looking for in a pin, not necessarily the theme, but immersion and adult.

Can't wait to see what AP has coming next!

Stream should be starting soon!

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside