(Topic ID: 76419)

The Goonies Pinball Project (Hollywood Heat Re-theme)

By mikeatsparkys

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 462 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rocketrob
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150428_113340_(resized).jpg
20150428_115304_(resized).jpg
20150428_115314_(resized).jpg
20150428_115523_(resized).jpg
20150428_124449_(resized).jpg
20150428_130346_(resized).jpg
20150428_160054_(resized).jpg
20150428_205552_(resized).jpg
20150428_115314_(resized).jpg
20150428_115304_(resized).jpg
20150428_113340_(resized).jpg
IMG_9841.JPG
1969402_10205825809788823_4415962358945066462_n.jpg
DSC04955.JPG
DSC04965.JPG
DSC04956.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago

A Goonies pin would be just as amazing as a Ducktales pin. And wise choice doing it with Hollywood Heat. That way it doesn't cost rich stuff to make.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

maybe you could use sound samples from goonies or goonies 2 video games

That goddamn Goonies 2 video game pissed me off to no end and had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. Still a great game though, and cool music.

1 week later
#83 10 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Holy crap, Ducktales would be amazing! DT is in my top 5 NES games of all time.
Haha, I don't want this to cost rich stuff for sure. I'm actually keeping a live spreadsheet on my site that will document the parts and cost. Some people may find that interesting if they're thinking of doing a project. Hell, I'll be very curious to see what the final total is. Ha!
http://gooniespinball.com/thebuild

Man, too many favorites for me. My #1 is without a doubt Metroid. But Ducktales, Kid Icarus, Castlevania 3, Battle of Olympus, Mega Man 2, Zelda, Mario 3, Punchout!, Final Fantasy, Bionic Commando, Faxanadu, Star Tropics, Wizards and Warriors, Rygar, Iron Sword, RC Pro AM and Cobra Triangle all hold a place in my heart. And I have a love-hate relationship with Castlevania 2 and Adventures of Link.

Now back on topic - I like your simple side art. Keep it simple, plus it will be much easier and cheaper to do. A must is a skull for the shooter though. There are some already in existence. This one isn't the right fit IMO, but if you weren't going to go the DIY route with that part, it isn't bad: http://www.pinballshark.com/?p=104

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

this might look good similar colors to the head graphics.

803801TheGoonies.png 486 KB

Yeah, that would make a beautiful translite poster/backglass.

#86 10 years ago

I'm assuming he probably knows that. I'm a graphic designer, I wouldn't mind doing some vector artwork for you mike if u need some help.

#95 10 years ago

Thanks a ton for the offer. I'll let you know. I'm fortunate enough to work with some great graphic designers.

No problem. Even if it is just something small you could use a hand with that you don't have the manpower to complete in the time you want, I can probably help. I do some game programming with a group of guys and am also in a band, so I know how productivity can become stagnant at times and at other times is great. And it doesn't take long for me to bang out vector graphics these days, and I enjoy doing it and haven't done a whole lot of design work lately.

6 months later
#179 9 years ago

Here's a proper update for you guys. Backglass art is almost done. Still a bit of filling to do on the right and left side. It will still fade into black though. This will be printed directly onto plexi.

You just have to replace the gun in Ma's hand with a walkie-talkie and it will be Spielberg approved.

#187 9 years ago

Pinchers of Power must be utilized. One of those wind-up biting teeth things Should be the entrance to the ramp (which must obviously be the waterslide). I'm guessing the top-left playfield will be the ship.

#188 9 years ago

The real question is, will you include the octopus, or leave it out like the original cut?

2 months later
#223 9 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

When can we expect to see playfield art concepts?

You gotta play the bones first.

#226 9 years ago

Haha, the bones organ will be a part of the art. Music notes will be the 6 stand up targets.

Genius

1 week later
#235 9 years ago

Rich stuff

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Goonies 2 is my favorite VS cart. Rick did a great job with the sideart and CPO.

Goonies 2 is one of my favorite NES games. What a weird/quirky game, great music too.

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

NES games that was so fun. If you played Castlevania: SOTN (PS2) or Super Metroid (SNES), you'll see the influence G2 had on them.

Those are in my top 5 of all time.

I know it is off-topic, but since we're all of the Goonies generation, I wanna gauge reactions of these. These are my favorites of all time, in no particular order. Asterisks denote "Must Play":

*Metroid Prime - Gamecube/Wii
*Super Metroid - SNES
*Metroid - NES
*Resident Evil 4 - Gamecube/Wii/PS2
*Fallout 3
*Portal / 2
*Chrono Trigger - SNES
Legend of Zelda - NES
Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past - SNES
*Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time - N64
*Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker - Gamecube/Wii
*Half-Life 2
*Final Fantasy 4 (2 US) - SNES
*Final Fantasy 6 (3 US) - SNES
Final Fantasy 7 - PSX/PC
*Final Fantasy X - PS2
*The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Super Mario Kart - SNES
Street Fighter II - Arcade (MAME)
* Castlevania 3 - NES
* The Secret of Monkey Island - PC & various consoles
Metal Gear Solid - PSX
*Castlevania : Symphony of the Night - PSX
Gargoyles Quest - Game Boy
*Mega Man 2 - NES
*Battle of Olympus - NES
Pikmin - Gamecube/Wii
Ghouls and Ghosts - Arcade
Strider - Arcade

#248 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

where's legend of zelda - link's awakening in your list?!?
definitely still one of the best pixel-based adventure titles for the gameboy

That should be on there. Dunno how I missed it. I was dissapointed with Twilight Princess, played like 6-7 hours of it and totally lost interest. Afterward, the only thing that disc was good for was the Trucha bug so I could install emulators on my friend's Wiis.

That's right... My Epona's name is "98SEJR908j23982uy(&*#@YR9283yr089YUFY(Y(#Y@E()*u@#(*Eu938ur93w4f98hj498fjh98J#(*@(*#@J(*@#JD(*#JFo9h3fo*&@#OF798@#H9#f" STACK OVERFLOW

#250 9 years ago

I love Wind Waker. I'm such a big fan of the series overall but Wind Waker had such a different look. I put me off a bit at first and then just fell in love as I started playing.

Me too. Love the cell shading look. Being able to sail around from Island to Island really makes the exploration part of the game fantastic, way less constricted than the other games. It is the first Sandbox Zelda in a lot of ways. The only part of that game I hated was the timed sections with the little tree guys. That almost made me quit!

1 week later
#271 9 years ago

This is top notch! great job. Art is beautiful.

#280 9 years ago

Thanks for all of the kind words. I've been so stoked on making all of my progress public and having you all along for the ride. I truly appreciate all of the help and encouragement from the community.
I actually have the PF art down now and just put the clear pc layer on top. I can't wait to show everyone what this looks like.

I can't wait to see it, based on the other art.

#281 9 years ago

BTW, I bet the only people on here that are awake right now are people with kids. Am I correct in guessing you guys are all newish dads like myself?

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Well we took a small break for her to do a playdate. We'll finish later tonight. So far so good. The beginning has a pretty constant flow of "sh*t" but we know when all of them occur and just laugh or mute it briefly.....being a parent is so weird. But so far she loves it. Lots of adventure and she loves treasure and exploring!!

There are exceptions for cursing. This is one of them.

2 weeks later
#354 9 years ago

Those characters are fantastic. All the detail and finishing touches look amazing. This is by far the most polished and well-done re-theme I've ever seen. Great job!

5172563152_35d541e010_z.jpg5172563152_35d541e010_z.jpg

2 weeks later
#413 9 years ago

It's good
it's good enough
it's good enough for me.
Good enough for you is good enough for me
it's good enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-goonies-pinball-project-hollywood-heat-re-theme?tu=thedefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.