(Topic ID: 76419)

The Goonies Pinball Project (Hollywood Heat Re-theme)

By mikeatsparkys

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 462 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rocketrob
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150428_113340_(resized).jpg
20150428_115304_(resized).jpg
20150428_115314_(resized).jpg
20150428_115523_(resized).jpg
20150428_124449_(resized).jpg
20150428_130346_(resized).jpg
20150428_160054_(resized).jpg
20150428_205552_(resized).jpg
20150428_115314_(resized).jpg
20150428_115304_(resized).jpg
20150428_113340_(resized).jpg
IMG_9841.JPG
1969402_10205825809788823_4415962358945066462_n.jpg
DSC04955.JPG
DSC04965.JPG
DSC04956.JPG
There are 462 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 9 years ago

nice to hear your going to keep working on it, for some reason I thought once floriday was done you were finished on it.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

nice to hear your going to keep working on it, for some reason I thought once floriday was done you were finished on it.

I feel the fun part is just beginning. I'm looking forward to the tweaks and mods. I want to mess with lighting and perhaps add some video somehow, who knows.

I still have some things to finish like art on the front of the cab and a couple of small pieces here and there.

#403 9 years ago

So awesome.

I don't know if you're already aware of this or not, but they just recently (within the past 5 years or so) released the Goonies SCORE on CD.

http://www.amazon.com/Goonies-Complete-Original-Score/dp/B003BWDO20/ref=sr_1_1

Back in the 80s, all you could get was the Soundtrack (the popular songs from the movie) but it didn't have all the cool symphonic thematic stuff you tend to get in the score. You could probably do some cool stuff with that score CD for the music.

My favorite

#404 9 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

So awesome.
I don't know if you're already aware of this or not, but they just recently (within the past 5 years or so) released the Goonies SCORE on CD.
amazon.com link »
Back in the 80s, all you could get was the Soundtrack (the popular songs from the movie) but it didn't have all the cool symphonic thematic stuff you tend to get in the score. You could probably do some cool stuff with that score CD for the music.
My favorite
» YouTube video

I do actually have that and have a couple other tracks from the score that play during the attract sequence. Mainly the Fratelli Chase Scene music and the ending credits. I'd like to get fancy with the audio and have different songs play during different modes. This could take some time to figure out.

#405 9 years ago

As someone who also madly loves the Goonies this is amazing. It makes me want one now too!

#406 9 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

As someone who also madly loves the Goonies this is amazing. It makes me want one now too!

Thanks! Hopefully you'll have a chance to play it someday. I'll do my best to get it to some shows next year.

#408 9 years ago

Wow. Amazing job. Really impressive.

#409 9 years ago

Very nice! So right now, the art is an overlay held in place by a sheet of polycarbonate, right? Any idea on the longevity of such a thing, and any advantages over clear coating? I'd love to tackle a retheme as well, got to learn what I can.

#410 9 years ago

I was thinking about that too. I think the process of putting the overlay on is less daunting. Prob doesn't last as long but in a HUO ( ) situation who cares. Then again clear coating would look pretty sweet

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Very nice! So right now, the art is an overlay held in place by a sheet of polycarbonate, right? Any idea on the longevity of such a thing, and any advantages over clear coating? I'd love to tackle a retheme as well, got to learn what I can.

The art is adhered to the pf first. The pc overlay then just lays on top of that. I can then easily get another sheet of pc cut if I ever need to replace it. I think works pretty well. Also helpful if I ever decide to change the pf art for any reason. So far I'm happy with it. I originally did want to clear coat the pf but my time frame wasn't going to work and allow enough time to cure the clear.

Quoted from agodfrey:

I was thinking about that too. I think the process of putting the overlay on is less daunting. Prob doesn't last as long but in a HUO ( ) situation who cares. Then again clear coating would look pretty sweet

Clear coat would look sweet. That's still an option at anytime I feel the need. Just pull up the pc overlay and go to town.

#412 9 years ago

So......when are we all going to Pin-Disneyworld and visiting Mike???? The crazy part is that half my family was down there over Thanksgiving (I would have just 'let' myself in since you were gone ).

Love to play it sometime!

1 week later
#413 9 years ago

It's good
it's good enough
it's good enough for me.
Good enough for you is good enough for me
it's good enough.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

It's good
it's good enough
it's good enough for me.
Good enough for you is good enough for me
it's good enough.

Ha! Nice bump.

Nothing too new lately other than some little tweaks to dial in the game now that it's home. I need to finish some small pieces of art. Probably get that done over the holidays.

#415 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Ha! Nice bump.
Nothing too new lately other than some little tweaks to dial in the game now that it's home. I need to finish some small pieces of art. Probably get that done over the holidays.

Don't forget about getting that game play video done...

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Don't forget about getting that game play video done...

I did one! Haha!

#417 9 years ago

I did one! Haha!
» YouTube video

Love it... Looking and sounding good..

3 weeks later
#418 9 years ago

For those in the central Florida area, the Goonies pin and Nintendo will be at the Orlando Science Center this weekend for Otronicon. http://www.otronicon.org/

My buddy will have a total of around 18 games on hand to play.

#419 9 years ago

Bring that pin to TPF dude!

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from graystarsfan1:

Bring that pin to TPF dude!

That would be rad if my budget allows.

It should be at the APE show next month in South Florida. It will definitely be at Free Play Florida again this year at the very least. I'll probably do a Goonies 30th anniversary party at my friend's bar-cade here in Orlando in June-ish. This will be an art show as well that we'll have local artists exhibit some Goonies pieces.

So it will at least make the rounds in Florida this year

#421 9 years ago

Ok, I'm seriously considering making the drive with the Goonies pin to TPF. I emailed TPF to see if they are interested in having it there. I hope to hear back soon. I also put in the request with my wife, haha. Hopefully she's down for a road trip.

This will give me the motivation to finish the last few things that I want to dial in.

#422 9 years ago

That would rock. I'm sure Ed and the gang would be up for it. All you really have to do is register online and you will be in. Also get a free weekend pass.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

That would rock. I'm sure Ed and the gang would be up for it. All you really have to do is register online and you will be in. Also get a free weekend pass.

Ed hit me back yesterday and confirmed. So, the wife and I will be making the drive out with the Goonies pin.

I'm excited for another big show as this will give me a goal to finish all of the little things that the pin needs.

#424 9 years ago

You should bring it to SFGE in Atlanta... I say that very selfishly, wanting to play this game!

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You should bring it to SFGE in Atlanta... I say that very selfishly, wanting to play this game!

HA! There's a good possibility that could happen. Atlanta isn't very far away from me.

#426 9 years ago

Very excited about this! I grew up a HUGE Goonie fan! This may very well be the highlight I am looking forward to. I never imagined I would get to play this thing first hand.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Very excited about this! I grew up a HUGE Goonie fan! This may very well be the highlight I am looking forward to. I never imagined I would get to play this thing first hand.

Sweet! Your excitement makes the long travel totally worth it. My favorite part of the shows is watching people play the pin.

I'm very tentatively considering to offer this for sale at the show as well. Maybe even trade plus cash if there's something interesting to bring back. That's something that I definitely need to think about but it's possible.

#428 9 years ago

Sweet! Your excitement makes the long travel totally worth it. My favorite part of the shows is watching people play the pin.
I'm very tentatively considering to offer this for sale at the show as well. Maybe even trade plus cash if there's something interesting to bring back. That's something that I definitely need to think about but it's possible.

Dibs!

#429 9 years ago

I have the Goonies at the Otronicon show at the Orlando Science Center for the weekend. It's a pretty cool show about the future of technology and specifically the tech that's created in Orlando. EA Sports is located here as well as some cool military simulation devs.

1969402_10205825809788823_4415962358945066462_n.jpg1969402_10205825809788823_4415962358945066462_n.jpg

#430 9 years ago

Ed hit me back yesterday and confirmed. So, the wife and I will be making the drive out with the Goonies pin.
I'm excited for another big show as this will give me a goal to finish all of the little things that the pin needs.

AWESOME!! See ya in March man!!

#431 9 years ago

Ha! Quick on the dibs card draw.

1 month later
#433 9 years ago

For anyone interested, The Broken Token podcast just released their new episode that includes an interview with your's truly. Check it out!

https://www.brokentoken.com/

2 weeks later
#434 9 years ago

how is it to play? Any fun? Nice work for sure!

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

how is it to play? Any fun? Nice work for sure!

I like to think so, haha. It plays just like Hollywood Heat but with way better sounds and art. At least some people would argue that. I'm a fan of HH. It's a simple game but still challenging. It's a Trudeau design and I tend to like his pins.

#436 9 years ago

Really nice work Mike, the finished product is amazing and would make any Goonie and pin fan very happy. Proud I got to watch this from beginning to end, thanks for taking me on the ride.

#437 9 years ago

Can't wait to play this in person in a few days!

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Really nice work Mike, the finished product is amazing and would make any Goonie and pin fan very happy. Proud I got to watch this from beginning to end, thanks for taking me on the ride.

Thanks so much! Hopefully you'll get to play it some day.

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Can't wait to play this in person in a few days!

Hell yeah!

#440 9 years ago

WHY o' WHY did I move out of Texas!!

#441 9 years ago

Just heard that Mike won won best custom game for Goonies! CONGRATS, MIKE!!! Well deserved!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

2 weeks later
#442 9 years ago

Well, Goonies is moving on to a new owner. Bittersweet. Thanks to you all for following along with this project. I can't thank you all enough for the words of encouragement and support.

Whatever I make next, I may need to make 2 of them. I want to keep one, haha.

#443 9 years ago

Amazing job bud, glad i could be a small part of it with that shooter.

I vote for Lost Boys or Neverending Story next

#444 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Amazing job bud, glad i could be a small part of it with that shooter.
I vote for Lost Boys or Neverending Story next

Yes! Thanks a ton for the shooter rod. So many people comment on that when playing.

Those are both great theme ideas. I think I'll probably do an original theme and one that will most likely offend some people. Well it will offend some people that deserve it.

#445 9 years ago

Goonies is off to it's new home.

IMG_9841.JPGIMG_9841.JPG

#446 9 years ago

I think I'll probably do an original theme and one that will most likely offend some people. Well it will offend some people that deserve it.

Can't wait to hear about it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for "Going Clear: Scientology the Pinball".

1 month later
#447 8 years ago

Goonies has been out of my possession for a bit now but we just got this really cool video done. Check it out! This was done by a podcast called Cinereelists. It's a great show about movies, obsession, and reviews. The latest show features me as we talk Goonies. There's a special treat at the end for you all that we rank our favorites movies that were made into pinball machines. Be sure to search Cinereelists on iTunes. We have a 2nd episode coming out this Friday as well.

#449 8 years ago

Happy birthday goonies!!!

Congrats to new owner

#450 8 years ago

This project got some love over on The AV Club!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 462 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-goonies-pinball-project-hollywood-heat-re-theme/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.