(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,065 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 minutes ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Godfather rubbers list (resized).png
Capo area rubers (resized).png
20240421_092122.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image0 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240420_031705689 (resized).jpg
IMG_1482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).png
IMG_2104 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 1 year ago

I wanted a CE but didn’t want to wait. Grabbed an LE instead. I’m digging the black trim on the LE too. Toss in some mirror blades and she’s ready to rip.

#19 1 year ago

What do you guys think on mirror blades for the LE? I’ve only ever done the standard mirrors. I’m thinking black or gold might work well on this one.

Standard?

Black?

Gold?

8644BFA8-C3EA-445C-B96F-A934B80F5C94 (resized).jpeg8644BFA8-C3EA-445C-B96F-A934B80F5C94 (resized).jpeg
#32 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now you're talking my language .
I think black mirror blades would look perfect on the le , I have them on my GNR .
I'm just thinking would the gold mirror blades be the best for the CE , art blades aren't for me , would I be an arsehole if I removed them
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do the black mirror blades make the reflection of the hot rails looks weird?

Would you mind taking some pics on the whole playfield with the Murrow in view. Game lights on would be great. Interested to see the full look.

Yeah the gold ones would be a good fit on the CE. Black could be the winner on the LE.

#39 1 year ago

Those black blades do look really nice! I think that’s the winner.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures!

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No worries .
I don't think you'll regret getting the black ones .
What's a Murrow

You don’t know what a Murrow is???

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The GF LE at the local barcade is having an issue. The left ramp is “flapping”. Every time it goes up it drops right down again. Since the pin knows that it should be up, it then goes up again - over and over. Really messes up gameplay. Has anyone else seen this?

Sounds like the honor down switch needs adjusting.

#45 1 year ago

Lol! It was a typo from trying to type “mirrors”. I have no idea it came up Murrow.

1 week later
#121 1 year ago

Bmanpin Did you get those mirror blades installed?

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Ordered the black mirror blades. Not here yet though. Slow shipping or making to order maybe? Ordered from pinball decals.com
Love this game so far! Attention to details. I get sick of looking at those ugly spot lights on my sterns. Like what they did with the led stands on these and it ensures no bulbs popping out when playing and gets rid of the ugly spot lamps. Guess it doesn’t take much to impress me! Ha!

I agree that JJP does a good job with those spot lights. Sterns look very dated.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game. Mine arrives tomorrow.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Good news! Post some pics! This seems to be a slow thread lately! Let us know if you have any issues. I had balls in trough for some reason straight out of the box and lily pad board errors but that’s all gone now.

Hoping to get it set up tonight and play a few games. Will report back with how it goes!

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hoping to get it set up tonight and play a few games. Will report back with how it goes!

Well it seems that when R & L carriers has you confirm your drop off date and time, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. Game was supposed to be dropped between 12pm and 4pm. So my wife stayed home to handle it. It never showed.

She calls R & L and they give her attitude stating that’s the “estimated” drop off time. Lol! Then why have us confirm a 4 hour window?! Game is in Alexandria, Minnesota. Might be here by Friday.

It’s all good though. If this is my biggest problem today, then it was a great day!

1 week later
#223 1 year ago

Oh those are looking nice Bmanpin ! Thanks for being the Guinea pig. I’ll be ordering a set for mine.

Finally got mine delivered and all set up. This game is crazy good! So glad I bought it. Forget the haters, this game is on another level.

9E7C978A-E4BE-4963-9C18-1B0D53D97A91 (resized).jpeg9E7C978A-E4BE-4963-9C18-1B0D53D97A91 (resized).jpeg
#255 1 year ago

I would usually go with a CE, but for this title I went with the LE. I like the blacked out look better. I also like that I was able to get the game faster. I’m kind of over the whole topper thing. When I moved into my new house, I had my games set up without the toppers at first. I really liked the clean look. I think we’ve all gotten a little carried away with toppers these days. To each their own though.

#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Mine is empty as well. I think it’s meant to be that way to give some flex as the ball travels.[quoted image]

This is correct.

1 week later
#292 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hate to ask but how are the PFs holdin up?
Chap on the Mirco PF complaints thread reckons one had issue on route.
Raised inserts........could be a one off.

No playfield issues here. Actually, it’s the nicest playfield I’ve had on any game in a long time. It’s like glass.

1 week later
#342 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Went with Black Mirror - very happy with that "color" style. Classy & subtle, and still no doubt they're there. As usual with any pin photos: they don't do justice for the live-in-person vantage point.
Note to first timer installing these type of blades: This is definitely a phone-a-friend task (not to help you do it, but to talk you out of the insanely challenging and delicate project for your beautiful pin!) Thankfully, I have a set of gamblade protectors as these were very helpful.
Lastly, there's a difference with "works with" vs "designed for". Mine are the former: (Bally/Williams style from pinballdecals.com). FYI the holes did NOT match up with the pin's backbox hinge bolts. Ended up using a couple of the tiny screws provided and a couple of strips of 3-M double sided tape for that clean flush mounted look[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went with the black mirror blades as well. They do look awesome. The back box bolt holes also didn’t line up on mine. I had to use a Drexel to drop it down another 2mm. For the price of these things, I wish they just made them to fit correctly.

What are you guys using to clean the blades? Windex ok?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,999.99
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arroyo Grande, CA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family?tu=NightTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.