(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,977 posts
  • 244 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3006 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8128823_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4128 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240410_135552391.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1893 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1898 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1889 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1891 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NickBuffaloPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#227 1 year ago

Getting some rattle/vibration coming from the backbox when certain sounds play. I had to take the head off to move it to my basement, so who knows what I did to contribute to this.

I looked and couldn't find anything obvious that's causing the rattling. Anyone else have this issue?

#228 1 year ago

I was also blowing up the game and it crashed on me. Is there an easy way to upload the error logs?

1 week later
#280 1 year ago

I tried the "more bass" preset in the equalizer, and either there's no change, or worse, less bass.

Is that just my imagine?

3 weeks later
#365 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I'll give that a shot. I'm around 6°-6.5° currently. Thanks for the heads up!

FWIW, the paper that came with the game said to set pitch at the second lowest bubble line. I did that, and when I read the digital pitch by the flippers, it was around 7.0 - 7.2.

I think my game plays great at that and it's what the designer recommends.

#370 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I did the same (second bubble line) and am reading 6.5°. I've always used the bubble as general "in the neighborhood" reading, so I'll bump it up a little and see what happens.

Wow! That's a significant difference!

I know to take the bubble with a grain of salt, but I'm surprised to see a discrepancy that big.

1 month later
#623 9 months ago

If I'm not mistaken, it seems the mystery award (favor) bug is still present. I was playing yesterday, had all the roll overs lit, thought I hit every possible shot, but was never able to to collect a mystery award or un-light the rollovers.

#624 9 months ago

Other than the mystery award bug which I think is still present, the update is awesome. More callouts, more movie clips, more sounds, and somehow the amazing lighting is even better.

It looks like they also made it so that when you have a "blue" mode lit, you can't change it anymore and must play it. I'm cool with that and think it's a good idea. Although, I think those modes need some more fanfare.... I like the idea of how it slows the game down and you must complete it to get a ring, but it seems some polish (callouts?) is still missing.

One request I hope they do: when you're spinning the wheel to damage the bad guy, they really need punching noises when you get a hit. You're supposed to be roughing him up, right?

1 week later
#697 9 months ago

Here's a PSA post regarding damage the playfield is taking from the ramp that lifts up and down (see pic).

There's mylar there, but clearly it's a matter of time before the ramp breaks through that and cuts up the playfield, if it hasn't done so already.

It was suggested to me to put more mylar on top of it, which I did, but I don't think that's the solution. Mylar on mylar doesn't look great (air bubbles and trying to line it up), but more importantly, it will eventually dig through again, IMHO.

My next move is to put a very thin foam adhesive under the ramp lip, so that the foam only makes contact with the playfield, without lifting the ramp too much.

This damage didn't happen immediately. When I first got my game, my ramp lip was hovering above the game and didn't cause any damage. Over time, I suspect that the lip bends from the ball rolling over it when it's lifted up.

I've checked with a couple of friends that have had their games for awhile and their damage is worse than mine. Get to it early though, and you should have no worries.

Screenshot_20230629-121218_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230629-121218_Gallery (resized).jpg
#698 9 months ago

Here's a PSA post regarding damage the playfield is taking from the ramp that lifts up and down (see pic).

There's mylar there, but clearly it's a matter of time before the ramp breaks through that and cuts up the playfield, if it hasn't done so already.

It was suggested to me to put more mylar on top of it, which I did, but I don't think that's the solution. Mylar on mylar doesn't look great (air bubbles and trying to line it up), but more importantly, it will eventually dig through again, IMHO.

My next move is to put a very thin foam adhesive under the ramp lip, so that the foam only makes contact with the playfield, without lifting the ramp too much.

This damage didn't happen immediately. When I first got my game, my ramp lip was hovering above the game and didn't cause any damage. Over time, I suspect that the lip bends from the ball rolling over it when it's lifted up.

I've checked with a couple of friends that have had their games for awhile and their damage is worse than mine. Get to it early though, and you should have no worries.

ramp damage (resized).jpgramp damage (resized).jpg
#701 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I would send that information to Cliffy to see if he can cut you a piece of Carbon Fiber for that area and then he could sell it as part of a protector set for this game.

Hmm... Wouldn't that cover up the artwork?

#703 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I would rather a small amount of artwork covered than a cut in the pf art. It could always be removed... Hell I have blue painter's tape in a few of my shooter lanes currently until I get my Cliffy order! Better safe, than sorry...

I'm hoping my proposed solution of putting padding under the flap will be the better solution as it won't require hiding the artwork and no further damage should occur. I should know later this week if it works.

#734 9 months ago

I've had some people reach out about the ramp damage issue, so here's a small update.

I ordered this from Amazon to try putting under the ramp, at the lip's edge: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL5QT295

I wanted to wait at least 24 hours for it to adhere, as I worry it will fall off over time (that ramp violently goes up and down). I plan to test it this weekend to see if it offers good protection and holds up.

Hopefully this does the trick. The foam is thin and is concealed nicely. But nothing is ever this easy in pinball, at least when I attempt a solution.

#740 9 months ago

Here's a pic of the foam piece installed. You can see how the ramp now has a buffer between the playfield.

You can also see why I wish I didn't put down mylar on top of mylar. It doesn't look terrible when not zoomed in, but I do regret doing that.

Hopefully the foam holds up after significant play. But as of now, I think this is the move to make.

**Edit** I did end up pulling off the mylar b/c it was driving me nuts (see several posts below). You shouldn't have to though, mine was only messed up b/c I put mylar on top of mylar. Keep the existing mylar b/c it's good protection.

foam GF (resized).jpgfoam GF (resized).jpg

#743 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Seems like you should be able to remove that extra piece of mylar you stuck there, do you know about the freeze trick?
Foam doesn't look bad but it looks to elevate the ramp a bit. Any problems with the ball jumping?

No issues with the ball jumping. When I first got my game, the ramp lip was elevated like that.

I'm scared to take off the mylar b/c I'm afraid it will also remove or mess up the original mylar, which I do want there. I think I'm in a no-win situation with that.

#750 9 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Right on Nick.

Honestly though... I bet you could get that mylar back up if you were really careful with a plastic razor blade.

I was a big boy and managed to pull it off with my hands. Both stickers came off, so I replaced with a clear vinyl sticker I had instead. Looks good and while not as thick as the mylar, will be easier to remove should I need to, and with my fix, I should be fine.

#813 9 months ago

I take it the mystery award/lock bug is still present?

1 week later
#952 8 months ago

With the last code update, I saw some people saying the gangster toy was moving more on this code. To be honest, I don't notice a difference on mine. If there is one, it's super subtle.

#1036 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd start a 6.5 ( a little more incline) and see how you like the gameplay. Can't imagine this one would behave proper too much past 7, as the rear ramp config is impressive.

JJP BB are definitely deeper and pitched slightly compared to other manufacturers....look pretty cool.

I'll offer another take, FWIW...

The documentation that came with the game says to put it at the second bubble notch from the bottom. When I measure the pitch by the flippers, this comes to roughly 7.2.

My goal when setting up games is to set it up as the designer intended. Personal variation is fine, but I always want my game to play "how it should".

After owning my game since early April with well over 100 plays, I can say that I think the game plays very well at the 2nd bubble mark level.

I played a friend's that had it probably around 6.5, and IMHO, it just didn't feel right. Was very slow and not exciting.

#1088 8 months ago

I'm not a CE guy, but if I was, this would be the game that got me there.

Congrats to all the CE owners, and fellow LE owners.

Grabbing my popcorn and waiting for all the haters and slow to "Come to Jesus" pinball players to discover what we've already figured out about how amazing this game is.

6 months later
#3368 72 days ago

I see complaints about how the game is harder with the new code and ball save shorter...

Please, to those at JJP reading this, don't dumb down and make this a baby game simply because people don't want to take the time to get better at pinball like the rest of us.

Your reward for fighting through a tough game is it will make you better over time. This adds to the longevity of the game. This game is "just right" in terms of difficulty, IMHO.

Do yourself a favor: buy an Iron Man, let it kick you in the teeth repeatedly, toughen up, and get better. Then, any other game you play won't seem so hard, including GF. I speak from experience.

1 month later
#3589 41 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Because I owned a GF CE.

Probably should start a "Former GF Owners" thread.

1 week later
#3700 29 days ago

Does anyone know if the mystery award bug has been fixed? The one that prevents you from locking balls later in the game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,999.99
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Columbia, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NickBuffaloPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family?tu=NickBuffaloPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.