(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,014 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by Tuna_Delight
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240420_031705689 (resized).jpg
IMG_1482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).png
IMG_2104 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3006 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8128823_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 81.
#401 11 months ago

Going to put down a deposit on one of these bad boys. Hopefully get it in 6 weeks or so!

#402 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Going to put down a deposit on one of these bad boys. Hopefully get it in 6 weeks or so!

Excellent . Hopefully I'm going to pay for mine on Friday .

#403 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Excellent . Hopefully I'm going to pay for mine on Friday .

They’re landing Friday?

#404 11 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

They’re landing Friday?

No , I'm just going to pay so the wife can't spend the money

#405 10 months ago

I’m ready…just in case anytime from JJP was curious. I am ready to receive my game.

#406 10 months ago

For those interested I'll doing a stream/tutorial at 5 Central.

http://twitch.tv/nspinball

#407 10 months ago

I got a long wait as splitting CE with buddy and I’m getting it second- but will enjoy updates here in meantime. Can’t wait to flip this thing and explore the code/different ways to get A to Z.

#408 10 months ago

I’m in on a CE.

Has anyone come up with a protector for the scoop yet?

#409 10 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m in on a CE.

Apparently there is a protector already installed but it is transparent and difficutl to see.

#410 10 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m in on a CE.

You don't need one. It has one with an art sticker on top. Pretty nice.

#411 10 months ago

Can anyone post pictures of their sticker? How is it holding up?

#412 10 months ago

this one? It should be transparent

IMG_6572 (resized).pngIMG_6572 (resized).png
#413 10 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Can anyone post pictures of their sticker? How is it holding up?

Please stop worrying about this.

#414 10 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

this one? It should be transparent[quoted image]

I haven't taken mine off, but I think it's a printed sticker. Doesn't look like clear mylar over art.

#415 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Please stop worrying about this.

He’s probably worried it will make all those Stern pins he has look bad lol

#416 10 months ago

From the man himself….I think we are in good hands.

IMG_1371 (resized).pngIMG_1371 (resized).png
#417 10 months ago

Eric is such a good guy, he is so responsive.

#418 10 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

From the man himself….I think we are in good hands.
[quoted image]

Anyone know where we can get Mylar protectors

#419 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Anyone know where we can get Mylar protectors

I think you have to clear coat the mylar afterwards then add a playfield protector for maximum protection…It’s the only way…

#420 10 months ago

does anyone also have a bug with the 5 families multiball in beta version? sometimes it does not start and the ball gets stuck in the disc. the targuet rises too quickly and the ball does not have time to descend.

#421 10 months ago

#422 10 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

does anyone also have a bug with the 5 families multiball in beta version? sometimes it does not start and the ball gets stuck in the disc. the targuet rises too quickly and the ball does not have time to descend.

FWIW
It's been documentated as a bug in release v1.04. I was told by JJP that is a known bug and will be resolved in the next release. (I read that as not beta release, but official release code).
Fingers crossed

#423 10 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

FWIW
It's been documentated as a bug in release v1.04. I was told by JJP that is a known bug and will be resolved in the next release. (I read that as not beta release, but official release code).
Fingers crossed

Hoping for a good code update before my CE comes in.

#424 10 months ago

At least 5 game releases this year have a space theme or aliens .
Final resistance
Foo Fighters
Galactic tank Force
Space Hunter
Whirlwind total chaos
I love space and aliens stuff as much as anyone but none of these hit the mark for me .
I'm so glad there was an adult theme which has some violence , very rare to see that ( The Hobbit had a Goblin getting his head chopped off) also a reason why I think Pulp Fiction is popular .
I would also like to see some adult comedy pins , like American Pie , also why Rick and Morty is so popular .

IMG_20230407_230404 (resized).jpgIMG_20230407_230404 (resized).jpg
#425 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

At least 5 game releases this year have a space theme or aliens .
Final resistance
Foo Fighters
Galactic tank Force
Space Hunter
Whirlwind total chaos
I love space and aliens stuff as much as anyone but none of these hit the mark for me .
I'm so glad there was an adult theme which has some violence , very rare to see that ( The Hobbit had a Goblin getting his head chopped off) also a reason why I think Pulp Fiction is popular .
I would also like to see some adult comedy pins , like American Pie , also why Rick and Morty is so popular .
[quoted image]

You missed Godzilla, wait was that last year? They are all so distracted by that shitty topper.
GOAT game…almost but has a shelf life like anything else in this hobby and they throw zip ties up top!

#426 10 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

FWIW
Fingers crossed

so this bug is already known in 1.04. it's a pity that in the beta code, it is not fixed yet. when is the next official code due to be released?

#427 10 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

so this bug is already known in 1.04. it's a pity that in the beta code, it is not fixed yet. when is the next official code due to be released?

Seems like when the CE is added….

#428 10 months ago

Having a problem with the drop target starting in the down position, and popping up and down randomly.

#429 10 months ago

Look at Jack kissing mine or maybe 997 other peoples machines…

IMG_1431 (resized).jpegIMG_1431 (resized).jpeg

#430 10 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Look at Jack kissing mine or maybe 997 other peoples machines…
[quoted image]

A nice kiss goodbye... Awww. It might mean absolutely nothing but then again it also might demonstrate how much pride they have in the machines that they build. I'm going with the latter.

#431 10 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Having a problem with the drop target starting in the down position, and popping up and down randomly.

Go into the system menu (pull the white peg on the inside left of the coin door, too!) and go to Tests->Device Tests->Drop Targets and test the bad guy drop target. My guess is it doesn't know where the target is because switch 107 needs to be adjusted or is broken.

#432 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

A nice kiss goodbye... Awww. It might mean absolutely nothing but then again it also might demonstrate how much pride they have in the machines that they build. I'm going with the latter.

What it does show is international units ready to ship.

IMG_1642 (resized).jpegIMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
#433 10 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

What it does show is international units ready to ship.[quoted image]

So purty!!

#434 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't taken mine off, but I think it's a printed sticker. Doesn't look like clear mylar over art.

I thought someone said there was an extra sticker in the goodie bag or no?

#435 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I thought someone said there was an extra sticker in the goodie bag or no?

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Looks like the day I got it. Scoop protector looks perfect and the goodie bag had an extra sticker if ever needed.
Audits say I have 124 games on it, which seems lower than I would have thought. Course, average game time it says is close to 9 minutes.

#436 10 months ago
mind_blown_shutterstock_photoschmidt (resized).jpgmind_blown_shutterstock_photoschmidt (resized).jpg
#437 10 months ago

I was playing GF today and thinking idly about the tOO mAnY mULtIbAlLs crowd, and I think I've hit on the source of disconnect.

Some of the multiball-haters were complaining that "multiballs should be earned."
But here is the thing: NOT ALL MULTIBALLS ARE VICTORY LAPS / REWARDS.

The multiballs in GF (and in Guns) are 2 ball multiballs.
2 ball multiballs are NOT victory laps leaving you whacking away blindly - they are specific gameplay modes designed to add challenge.

The point of modes like this is:

- Get good at cradling one ball to keep the mode alive while making the shots with the other.
- Make the jackpot shots to qualify the super jackpot shots.
- Make the super jackpot shots for great justice.

If you stack multiple together, sure you're going to get a flail fest of the game essentially playing itself, and if that's your jam by all means go for that. I enjoy the energy level of a full stack myself, sometimes.

But finesse and making the shots is the real point.

I think if people spend time *actually playing* the multiball modes as intended, rather than treating them as mindless reward, you'll get more out of the game.

#438 10 months ago

Off topic but just responding to zaphx, my biggest complaint with guns is that I felt like I was always shooting the left ramp. Either to get patches, start amps, lights and lock balls. Wish the shots were more balanced.

#439 10 months ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Off topic but just responding to zaphx, my biggest complaint with guns is that I felt like I was always shooting the left ramp. Either to get patches, start amps, lights and lock balls. Wish the shots were more balanced.

I could see that point.

#440 10 months ago

Godfather burning up the charts at #40. lol

#441 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Godfather burning up the charts at #40. lol

That's like basing your musical taste on American Idol or The Voice. It's not real.

#442 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's like basing your musical taste on American Idol or The Voice. It's not real.

No. It's real. Right here, #40

https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#443 10 months ago

You're missing the point. The PROCESS that tells you who is best in music on American Idol and The Voice, etc is FAKE, so the results are nothing of consequence.

Same thing with the top 100. Garbage in, garbage out. Nothing to even watch, let alone quote, especially for new games where people waste time tanking perfectly good games just to make "their" games show better. Total waste of time.

#444 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're missing the point. The PROCESS that tells you who is best in music on American Idol and The Voice, etc is FAKE, so the results are nothing of consequence.
Same thing with the top 100. Garbage in, garbage out. Nothing to even watch, let alone quote, especially for new games where people waste time tanking perfectly good games just to make "their" games show better. Total waste of time.

I'm not missing the point because this is pinball forum and I don't take anything very seriously here which is why I was busting balls about it being #40.

#445 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm not missing the point because this is pinball forum and I don't take anything very seriously here which is why I was busting balls about it being #40.

okaaaay_okay.gifokaaaay_okay.gif
#446 10 months ago

Seriously though... I would not put much weight in any of it but I will say that Foo Fighters seems to have the greater impact at the time.

#447 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Seriously though... I would not put much weight in any of it but I will say that Foo Fighters seems to have the greater impact at the time.

When you have a SKU (FF Pro) that costs about half as much as GF LE and another that's about 1/3 less (FF Prem), many more people will have the title, and some of those waste time rating it. So, again, meaningless outcome, because you're comparing a small voting pool to a much larger voting pool and weighting the result equally. Garbage in, garbage out.

#448 10 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you have a SKU (FF Pro) that costs about half as much as GF LE and another that's about 1/3 less (FF Prem), many more people will have the title, and some of those waste time rating it. So, again, meaningless outcome, because you're comparing a small voting pool to a much larger voting pool and weighting the result equally. Garbage in, garbage out.

I played FF and like it so I decide to rate it, guess I'm the only one? I have no plans on buying it at this point either... Besides. POTC is #12 and it's super $$$ and has very limited production sooooooooooo.....

#449 10 months ago

On another note it looks like JJP is continuing to roll out the CEs.

353775840_795425018720153_4934636310817621884_n (resized).jpg353775840_795425018720153_4934636310817621884_n (resized).jpg
#450 10 months ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Yes. I get that every now and then... Only when I'm having an awesome game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,999.99
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,014 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/9?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.