(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,433 posts
  • 255 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by falcon950
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2408 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2407 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2409 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2410 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 2.08.30 PM (resized).png
20240620_154334.jpg
IMG_3975 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8536 (resized).jpeg
Johnny_Fontaine (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_9681 (resized).png
IMG_9663 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9661 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 89.
#4351 36 days ago

That looks sweet!
Well done Merendino!

#4352 34 days ago

After buying my ce from the day it was released I have finally been able to play a game ! That damn ramp that goes up and down would never go down turned out to be the spring was too tight so the coil would fire but the plate was too far away to release it . Thank god ! And the game is pretty cool ! Never played it before !

#4353 31 days ago

Does anyone want my old side rails and lockdown bar?

It’s the original CE ones.

#4354 31 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone want my old side rails and lockdown bar?
It’s the original CE ones.

I'd take it, my wife's parents live in Clifton

#4355 30 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

I'd take it, my wife's parents live in Clifton

It’s already claimed. Sorry, someone else beat you to it.

#4356 30 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It’s already claimed. Sorry, someone else beat you to it.

No problem

#4357 26 days ago

Had to break out the soldering iron today
Noticed my gun tip led wasn't on... discovered the red wire that is tightly zip tied to the gangsters collar got cut.
Luckily there was some slack to get it sheathed and soldered

20240620_154334.jpg20240620_154334.jpg
#4358 25 days ago

Are there scoop protectors available ? Couldn’t find them at cliffys page

#4359 25 days ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are there scoop protectors available ? Couldn’t find them at cliffys page

The scoop has a built in protector. It is removable and you should have a replacement in the goodie bag.

The mylar on it tends to get cut up, so it's not the best.

#4360 25 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The scoop has a built in protector. It is removable and you should have a replacement in the goodie bag.
The mylar on it tends to get cut up, so it's not the best.

Ok thanks for the info

#4361 24 days ago

I just saw the horse head scene at the end of ball 3!!!
Has that always been there?
I’ve personally played over 400 games and have never seen that.

#4362 24 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

It's random. Pops up every now and then. Very cool!

#4363 23 days ago

I finally got my Godfather CE completely dialed in, leveled and playing 100% perfectly. I played at least a dozen games this morning and barely broke 30M on two games. Having better luck playing the yellow family, but this game is absolutely brutal. Has to be one of the toughest games I’ve owned. The ball just rockets all over the place and is difficult to control. Have to nudge like crazy not to drain on this thing and have lightning reflexes. I love a game that kicks my ass and this is one of them. Im thinking of changing all rubbers to clear perfect play instead of black. I did change the shooter spring to red today and the plunge shots can make the ramp every time.

I saw the Boxing mode for the first time today, but drained immediately, darn it. I’d love to see JJP add some ball saves to this game for those cheap drains where it shoots out of true fountain SDTM or coming down the left ramp. I’m not a bad player by any means, but this thing is tough to master and keeps me pressing the start button. I also turned down the knocker coil power from normal to low and now the topper machine gun knocks aren’t as violent, it’s perfect.

#4364 23 days ago

Sometimes I make the Fountain Super Skill Shot (first Plunge of first ball) and it is not awarded. Is anyone else having this problem?

#4365 23 days ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Sometimes I make the Fountain Super Skill Shot (first Plunge of first ball) and it is not awarded. Is anyone else having this problem?

Make sure your switch is working properly.
You can only get that super skill shot one time but it's a basic skill shot as well but not a bug reward like the super is

#4366 23 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I finally got my Godfather CE completely dialed in, leveled and playing 100% perfectly. I played at least a dozen games this morning and barely broke 30M on two games. Having better luck playing the yellow family, but this game is absolutely brutal. Has to be one of the toughest games I’ve owned. The ball just rockets all over the place and is difficult to control. Have to nudge like crazy not to drain on this thing and have lightning reflexes. I love a game that kicks my ass and this is one of them. Im thinking of changing all rubbers to clear perfect play instead of black. I did change the shooter spring to red today and the plunge shots can make the ramp every time.
I saw the Boxing mode for the first time today, but drained immediately, darn it. I’d love to see JJP add some ball saves to this game for those cheap drains where it shoots out of true fountain SDTM or coming down the left ramp. I’m not a bad player by any means, but this thing is tough to master and keeps me pressing the start button. I also turned down the knocker coil power from normal to low and now the topper machine gun knocks aren’t as violent, it’s perfect.

Fully agree. It's a challenging game. And I like it!

#4367 22 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Make sure your switch is working properly.

Thank you, I adjusted the switch, and the Super Skill Shot is now working correctly.

#4368 22 days ago

Has anyone had an issue with the trough not keeping track of balls? When I have at least 5 multi ball going the flippers will die and act like all balls have drained when I get down to two. All connections are tight. Also does anyone know the correct length of the topper USB cable my topper works mostly but does stop after some time on the pin. I want to replace that cable with a good one. Thanks

#4369 22 days ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Has anyone had an issue with the trough not keeping track of balls? When I have at least 5 multi ball going the flippers will die and act like all balls have drained when I get down to two. All connections are tight. Also does anyone know the correct length of the topper USB cable my topper works mostly but does stop after some time on the pin. I want to replace that cable with a good one. Thanks

Maybe try to clean the optos in trough. Also go into the test me u and you'll see the trough test section.

I would get a 3ft or 6ft cable
But it may not be your usb cable, could be the board going. My leds on my topper stopped working and jjp sent me a new board. Amazon a usb cable but might as well save some time and start a ticket with jjp

#4370 21 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Maybe try to clean the optos in trough. Also go into the test me u and you'll see the trough test section.
I would get a 3ft or 6ft cable
But it may not be your usb cable, could be the board going. My leds on my topper stopped working and jjp sent me a new board. Amazon a usb cable but might as well save some time and start a ticket with jjp

I am working with tech support now hopefully can resolve. Thanks

#4371 21 days ago

Any new beta releases yet?

#4372 21 days ago
Quoted from dug:

Any new beta releases yet?

There was a update today but it was tiny... I don't think it was anything major

#4373 21 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

There was a update today but it was tiny... I don't think it was anything major

Thanks

#4374 21 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

That horse scene should be more frequent.
There’s also the one when Clemenza hangs Carlo and he kicks and breaks the windshield

*JJP please…. Give us not just a new code, give us "THE" Code!

Thanks.

#4375 20 days ago

My led on the Thompson machine gun stop working I looked for broken wires ant thought
Thanks.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4376 20 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

My led on the Thompson machine gun stop working I looked for broken wires ant thought
Thanks.

That seems to be a pretty common issue with this game. Everyone that I have seen who has had this issue just resoldered the wire. I heard it short but long enough.

#4377 20 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Thanks.

I just posted about mine.
Check those 2 zip ties on the gangster... mine was under the zip tie which shows how tight that zip tie is. Give both sides of the wire a little tug and you may find it

#4378 16 days ago

Joined the family! Two things - 1. Having the same plunger issue where it doesn't go all the way around the ramp 100% of the time, ordered up a red spring.

2. Does anyone have their sound cut out so it sounds muted? Sometimes after a game and sometimes during the game, the sound goes mute where you can barely hear callouts and the regular sound feels muted. Anyone run into this?

#4379 16 days ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Joined the family! Two things - 1. Having the same plunger issue where it doesn't go all the way around the ramp 100% of the time, ordered up a red spring.
2. Does anyone have their sound cut out so it sounds muted? Sometimes after a game and sometimes during the game, the sound goes mute where you can barely hear callouts and the regular sound feels muted. Anyone run into this?

Never heard of the audio issue maybe try resetting your settings? Not sure if you bought it NIB or second hand but maybe some messed around with audio settings?

As far as the spring I say Def the red spring is a must have upgrade... however it's a trade off a little cause it's hard to hit the right flipper lane with the red spring haha.
It'll take some getting use to

Welcome to the family... now go see the DON for a jooobbbbb

#4380 16 days ago
Quoted from vic_vp:

Never heard of the audio issue maybe try resetting your settings? Not sure if you bought it NIB or second hand but maybe some messed around with audio settings?
As far as the spring I say Def the red spring is a must have upgrade... however it's a trade off a little cause it's hard to hit the right flipper lane with the red spring haha.
It'll take some getting use to
Welcome to the family... now go see the DON for a jooobbbbb

Thanks! Yeah bought a demo mode, reset everything. I could be midgame and you hear a pop and the music drops probably 1/4 of its normal and voice call outs are heavily muted. Running the most recent Beta. Still unsure as to the cause.

#4381 16 days ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Thanks! Yeah bought a demo mode, reset everything. I could be midgame and you hear a pop and the music drops probably 1/4 of its normal and voice call outs are heavily muted. Running the most recent Beta. Still unsure as to the cause.

That's interesting maybe someone can chime in
For the time being out a support ticket in with jjp online
They are very fast and helpful on support

#4382 16 days ago
Quoted from precisionk:

All sound originates from the output of the sound board built into the motherboard (green round connector). This is exactly what you would connect desktop computer speakers to or even a pair of headphones. You can connect some speakers or headphones directly to the green audio jack temporarily to see if the problem originates from the sound board itself.

While there I would inspect the JJP amplifier board for any loose connections or loose circuits/broken solder joints.

After the amp there are just wires run to the sub in the cabinet and the 4 speakers in the backbox. Trace for any pinched wires.

Good luck!

#4383 14 days ago

Weird OCD question to you owners. I have my godfather next to my Elton John and Toy Story. The front light by the Bluetooth button on my Godfather goes unlit after booting (the light goes on during boot, so seems to work). On my Elton John and Toy Story, this seems to stay lit after boot up. The button itself seems to work, is there a setting I’ve maybe missed somewhere to turn this light off, or is this natural on this game?

#4384 13 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

All sound originates from the output of the sound board built into the motherboard (green round connector). This is exactly what you would connect desktop computer speakers to or even a pair of headphones. You can connect some speakers or headphones directly to the green audio jack temporarily to see if the problem originates from the sound board itself.

While there I would inspect the JJP amplifier board for any loose connections or loose circuits/broken solder joints.

After the amp there are just wires run to the sub in the cabinet and the 4 speakers in the backbox. Trace for any pinched wires.

Good luck!

Will give that a try, thanks!

Anyone have issues with the diverter in the Compound lock where if you have two balls loaded up, it doesn't eject and it gets stuck at times, sometimes coming out sometimes it can't seem to move. Perhaps the balls are being magnetized?

#4385 12 days ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Will give that a try, thanks!
Anyone have issues with the diverter in the Compound lock where if you have two balls loaded up, it doesn't eject and it gets stuck at times, sometimes coming out sometimes it can't seem to move. Perhaps the balls are being magnetized?

I had the same issue but I went into the adjustments and I changed the length of time the diverter goes down.

#4386 9 days ago

I’ve come to the conclusion that Godfather might be the most difficult game I’ve owned. After owning it for over a year I still haven’t got to Baptism. Had it lit but bricked. May have to set some of the settings to easy. Anyone make it play easier? If so, what did you change?

#4387 9 days ago
Quoted from dug:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Godfather might be the most difficult game I’ve owned. After owning it for over a year I still haven’t got to Baptism. Had it lit but bricked. May have to set some of the settings to easy. Anyone make it play easier? If so, what did you change?

I haven't really made any changes to make it play easier - just longer. It's the only game I own that's set to 5 balls.

I haven't made it to Baptism yet either though.

#4388 9 days ago

Same here, gonna be a year in August... I keep it at 3 balls and all I did was extend the ball save timer for when your launch the ball.
It's a challenging game and I only got GC 1 time.

It's a tough game, has a huge "another game" replay value. Convinced it's gonna b bolted to me collection

#4389 9 days ago

Best game I've had on stock settings is 107 million - agree it's really hard to score on but waiting for the code update before I mess with making it easier

#4390 9 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I haven't really made any changes to make it play easier - just longer. It's the only game I own that's set to 5 balls.
I haven't made it to Baptism yet either though.

Ya,
I’ve been debating that for a while.
Just set it to 5 ball and lowered the Capo kills down to 2.
I’m curious to see what they do to the code.

#4391 9 days ago

Use superskill shot for instant bad guy kill and select the Cuneo family to make bad guy kill easier.

I have been able to reach thw wizard mode couple of times with those two selections above.

#4392 9 days ago
Quoted from dug:

If you haven’t already done, set the pitch to at least 7.0. Makes activity of the 3 slings and lower pop more manageable. I also made sure the switches for the huge FU sling were gapped at 1/16” - they were super tight from the factory on my machine. Even still, only game I’ve set to 5-balls in 12 years of active collecting.

#4393 9 days ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

If you haven’t already done, set the pitch to at least 7.0. Makes activity of the 3 slings and lower pop more manageable. I also made sure the switches for the huge FU sling were gapped at 1/16” - they were super tight from the factory on my machine. Even still, only game I’ve set to 5-balls in 12 years of active collecting.

Thanks.
I have my pitch at 7.0 or slightly more.
5 balls it is.
Still loving this frustrating, addicting one more game.

#4394 9 days ago

One more thing what i have experienced, the baptism mode doesnt run in parallel with active job. If you have one of the jobs ongoing when you reach baptism mode, the job has to be completed first prior baptism can start.

#4395 6 days ago

New owner here, HUGE GF fan since I was a kid, really loving this way more than I thought, gorgeous led show, production top notch, sound is amazing, game is HARD and I tend to love hard games. LE 0609 with full upgrade package, MAN do I love the knocker machine gun on the topper, can only imagine what 2 sounds like on the CE

QUESTION - HOW DO I GET MY SCORE UP? After 3 weeks of regular play top score till now is 40 mil, and I'm seeing the hi score expecting a high of 300 mil.

what are upping your score tips? YES stacking multiballs, love it.

Thank you!

Lee

#4396 6 days ago
Quoted from deafdumbkid:

QUESTION - HOW DO I GET MY SCORE UP?

Use your weapons.
Basically rip the spinners, then lay on the action button until the last qualified weapon is flashing red.
Repeat until the Molotov Cocktail is usable, then use it, a lot.

#4397 6 days ago
Quoted from deafdumbkid:

New owner here, HUGE GF fan since I was a kid, really loving this way more than I thought, gorgeous led show, production top notch, sound is amazing, game is HARD and I tend to love hard games. LE 0609 with full upgrade package, MAN do I love the knocker machine gun on the topper, can only imagine what 2 sounds like on the CE
QUESTION - HOW DO I GET MY SCORE UP? After 3 weeks of regular play top score till now is 40 mil, and I'm seeing the hi score expecting a high of 300 mil.
what are upping your score tips? YES stacking multiballs, love it.
Thank you!
Lee

Congrats! First off, you captured it - this game is HARD. High scores do not come easily (for most mere mortals anyway).

The question of how to get higher scores has come up many times in this thread and the typically suggested solution is to increase your multiplier (weapons level). As soon, and as often, as possible. This is done via shooting the spinners and hitting the action button accordingly.

Completing jobs, stacking multiballs, and effective use of the Shot X target all help too.

Many hours spent studying the game's rules/strategy options and viewing gameplay videos may also pay dividends scoring-wise. The jury is still out on this in my case though.

#4398 6 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Use your weapons.
Basically rip the spinners, then lay on the action button until the last qualified weapon is flashing red.
Repeat until the Molotov Cocktail is usable, then use it, a lot.

Thank you both! Can somebody give me a primer on using weapons? When and how? Do they solely up the multiplier?

#4399 6 days ago
Quoted from deafdumbkid:

Thank you both! Can somebody give me a primer on using weapons? When and how? Do they solely up the multiplier?

Do a search of this thread with key word "weapons".

The following post (for example) and the one after it offer pretty good info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/39#post-7741658

Also, increasing Influence and the right orbit Super Skill Shot can help advance weapon levels.

Finally, from the rules:

Shoot the spinners to upgrade the currently lit weapon, which can be used by pressing the action button and increased further by quickly pressing it again. Each weapon corresponds to a playfield multiplier, up to 10x playfield. The playfield X timer can be extended by pressing the action button while a weapon is already being used. The max playfield X value can be increased via influence or by actively using the weapons, and starts at 4x.

#4400 5 days ago

So setup my LE accessory kit, there is a yellow plug up on the topper labelled "City" but doesn't seem to have a place to go. Any ideas or is it extra? Everything else is plugged in and seems to be working fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,399.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Little Shop Of Games

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 11,999.99
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 4,433 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 89.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.