(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,998 posts - Hot topic!
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).png
IMG_2104 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3006 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8128823_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4128 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240410_135552391.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 80.
#351 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

What a lineup! Are you taking new friend applications by any chance? lol

Ha! You reminded me of that "hire a friend" service in Maniac on Netflix. That and the doxxing store cracked me up, feeling not very far from current reality.

#352 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's always a knockoff out there. Sounds like this one is sold in Nigeria...

Hilarious
Well now I can't unsee that spelling error. Could fix it with an edit, but why spoil the fun?

#353 11 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It is a very clever layout isn’t it?

where does the ball go when you hit the hideout with the upper left flipper? Is it a subway - where does the ball come out?. I‘ve watched a fair amount of the streams and I don‘t recall seeing a ball ever going in there.

#354 11 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

where does the ball go when you hit the hideout with the upper left flipper? Is it a subway - where does the ball come out?. I‘ve watched a fair amount of the streams and I don‘t recall seeing a ball ever going in there.

From Don’s office scoop

#355 11 months ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It's a moderately hard shot for me to hit consistently, maybe for others, too. Probably why you haven't seen it hit much on streams. Comes out at the scoop on the left (the office).

#356 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

As a Chicago Gaming tech, this is what I do. Remember us on your next game purchase.
If it looks like one of these switches in the picture. I take a fiberboard spacer from a leaf blade switch ( see picture ) remove the two screws holding the switch bracket, lower the switch. Put a fiberboard leaf blade spacer on it, so it's between the underside of the playfield and bracket holding the switch, and put the switch back and fasten it with the two screws. The holes on the fiber board spacer and switch bracket line up perfectly.
This works great. No bending of switch arm, which can be a nightmare on those type of switches. And switch still works and no longer traps the ball.
LTG : )
[quoted image][quoted image]

Has anyone done this fix yet? If so, did you get it without having to remove a ton of stuff? I eyeballed it last night and it looks like I may have to remove the disc motor to get to a screw or two. Maybe just easier to bend it, unless I'm overcomplicating it (which I do regularly). Thanks!

#357 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Maybe just easier to bend it,

Might be. Unless you don't do a good job. Then you'll have to figure out how to adjust the switch better. Which is where the nightmare may start. I've found the round switch arms more finicky than the flat blade or wireform switch arms.

Quoted from Hop721:

Has anyone done this fix yet?

I've not done it on Godfather yet, I don't have one yet. It works great on other games I've done it to.

#358 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:I've not done it on Godfather yet, I don't have one yet. It works great on other games I've done it to.

It's in a crap spot. But that never stopped me before! Thanks

#359 11 months ago

No clue on the rules yet, so...first impressions!

- I get a lot of satisfaction from the metal ramp shots around the far end of the playfield. I love that it can do so many things, divert back drop into a subway, lock ball for multiball, drop it into the bad guy etc. Very creative and dynamic playfield!

- The sound package is excellent, but I found the "bad guy banter" a bit cheesy, and disabled it. With that off, I hear mostly movie clips and well orchestrated music from the film. For the people who say "it's not Godfathery enough / It's a generic gangster pin" try it in this mode, I feel like it presents better this way. Just my opinion.

- Only one tweak I had to do, I was getting stuck balls in the compound lockup but only when two balls are locked. The fix that helped me was loosening the target and tightening it back far as clockwise as it would go (so it's more aligned with the slot) then putting a cabinet bumper on the back of it. It works perfectly now, so if you run into trouble with it, give that shot. (Pic attached.)

- Art package is great, Franchi did great work. The decals are nice and glossy.

- Video package is typical JP and is beautiful and fluid. I haven't dug too deeply into it yet, but I believe the newspaper clips update as you progress through a scene. I think I saw more of the italian restaurant scene as I played into it a while.

- Light show is also spectacular.

- Multiball stacking is fun, I got all 4 running tonight.

I do have a small amount of regret for holding out and missing the CE boat. I've spoiled myself with the JJP CE packages, and I miss the lack of sparkle, art blades, topper, and radcals.

Will post more once I learn it, and will stream tutorials.

IMG_1378 (resized).jpegIMG_1378 (resized).jpeg
#360 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Has anyone done this fix yet? If so, did you get it without having to remove a ton of stuff? I eyeballed it last night and it looks like I may have to remove the disc motor to get to a screw or two. Maybe just easier to bend it, unless I'm overcomplicating it (which I do regularly). Thanks!

I recently increased the pitch to around 7 and haven't had a ball stuck since. (Knock on wood)
Game plays better as well.
Loving this game!

#361 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No clue on the rules yet, so...first impressions!
- I get a lot of satisfaction from the metal ramp shots around the far end of the playfield. I love that it can do so many things, divert back drop into a subway, lock ball for multiball, drop it into the bad guy etc. Very creative and dynamic playfield!
- The sound package is excellent, but I found the "bad guy banter" a bit cheesy, and disabled it. With that off, I hear mostly movie clips and well orchestrated music from the film. For the people who say "it's not Godfathery enough / It's a generic gangster pin" try it in this mode, I feel like it presents better this way. Just my opinion.
- Only one tweak I had to do, I was getting stuck balls in the compound lockup but only when two balls are locked. The fix that helped me was loosening the target and tightening it back far as clockwise as it would go (so it's more aligned with the slot) then putting a cabinet bumper on the back of it. It works perfectly now, so if you run into trouble with it, give that shot. (Pic attached.)
- Art package is great, Franchi did great work. The decals are nice and glossy.
- Video package is typical JP and is beautiful and fluid. I haven't dug too deeply into it yet, but I believe the newspaper clips update as you progress through a scene. I think I saw more of the italian restaurant scene as I played into it a while.
- Light show is also spectacular.
- Multiball stacking is fun, I got all 4 running tonight.
I do have a small amount of regret for holding out and missing the CE boat. I've spoiled myself with the JJP CE packages, and I miss the lack of sparkle, art blades, topper, and radcals.
Will post more once I learn it, and will stream tutorials.[quoted image]

Good post!

More than half of learning this pin is understanding the "Jobs" aspect of the game. Watch for yellow Job light up at the scoop and hit it. Job will be on the wheel and screen: Do the task (see pic below), then (job lights up green) shoot the scoop and cash-out (take the 25% value for now) you'll obtain all privileges for completing the job. Rinse & repeat.

FYI: 1st part of video clips happen at the job intro. If you complete the job, you will see the end of the scene clip.

20230509_210739 (resized).jpg20230509_210739 (resized).jpg
#362 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- The sound package is excellent, but I found the "bad guy banter" a bit cheesy, and disabled it....[quoted image]

Thanks for this tip!
Applied the settings and no more, "bla, bla, with ya mutha"
GAME SETTINGS//FIGHT SPEACH OFF
Everything else is still intact

#363 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's likely the switch wire is too high, stopping slow balls. So yeah, bending the wire or adding a spacer (a piece of fiberboard from a switch stack, as LTG offered) is the fix. It's in the topic index for this thread under "TECH:PLAYFIELD."

Update since my original post on this issue: I contacted JJ technical support via email. First they suggested raising the back legs to see if this helps. I did it, and it didn't really help at all. But then I started getting an error message at startup saying that Switch 33 was stuck in open position. (This is the wire that is causing the stuck ball issue). I lower the legs but the error message is still there. My next step is to get some photos of the area to send the technical support, an issue because the drop ceiling where the pin is too low to allow me to fully raise the playfield (even with the leg height set to zero) so I'm going to have to move it to another room with a higher ceiling.

#364 11 months ago
Quoted from dug:

I recently increased the pitch to around 7 and haven't had a ball stuck since. (Knock on wood)
Game plays better as well.
Loving this game!

I'll give that a shot. I'm around 6°-6.5° currently. Thanks for the heads up!

#365 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I'll give that a shot. I'm around 6°-6.5° currently. Thanks for the heads up!

FWIW, the paper that came with the game said to set pitch at the second lowest bubble line. I did that, and when I read the digital pitch by the flippers, it was around 7.0 - 7.2.

I think my game plays great at that and it's what the designer recommends.

#366 11 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

FWIW, the paper that came with the game said to set pitch at the second lowest bubble line. I did that, and when I read the digital pitch by the flippers, it was around 7.0 - 7.2.

I concur, when the designer and the company give you an explicit setting...listen to it

#367 11 months ago

do have a small amount of regret for holding out and missing the CE boat. I've spoiled myself with the JJP CE packages, and I miss the lack of sparkle, art blades, topper, and radcals.

You did know better.

#368 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

do have a small amount of regret for holding out and missing the CE boat. I've spoiled myself with the JJP CE packages, and I miss the lack of sparkle, art blades, topper, and radcals.
You did know better.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/10fa7823-fe43-4355-9dc7-afd1b80409fc

#369 11 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I did the same (second bubble line) and am reading 6.5°. I've always used the bubble as general "in the neighborhood" reading, so I'll bump it up a little and see what happens.

#370 11 months ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I did the same (second bubble line) and am reading 6.5°. I've always used the bubble as general "in the neighborhood" reading, so I'll bump it up a little and see what happens.

Wow! That's a significant difference!

I know to take the bubble with a grain of salt, but I'm surprised to see a discrepancy that big.

#371 11 months ago

Karl at IEPinball is streaming Godfather tonight. Prediction is will he get a 100x this time out:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

Edit: So how's it going?
https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyArbitraryGooseFutureMan-Gp83gGizMUY9nrLM

Is there some place in Godfather movies where someone uses "dagnabbit" wrong and says "dang nabbit"? Because this screen in the pin is not right, but maybe it's a reference I'm not catching.

Godfather_DN (resized).pngGodfather_DN (resized).png
#372 11 months ago

I’m really getting into this game.

I think it’s Eric’s best so far.

#373 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m really getting into this game.
I think it’s Eric’s best so far.

Please do share/elaborate more. I've had all of Eric's games and would love to hear how you'd compare TGF to POTC.

#374 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there some place in Godfather movies where someone uses "dagnabbit" wrong and says "dang nabbit"? Because this screen in the pin is not right, but maybe it's a reference I'm not catching.
[quoted image]

LOL

#375 11 months ago

delete (thought this was the hype thread)

#376 11 months ago

Can someone check if this plastic is supposed to be screwed down see picture… behind the capo…

IMG_9323 (resized).jpegIMG_9323 (resized).jpeg
#377 11 months ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Can someone check if this plastic is supposed to be screwed down see picture… behind the capo…
[quoted image]

It is not. Meant to flex as ball passes by. My screw is not there.

#378 11 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Same here. Also went to my distributor to look at their floor model. Same. Probably initially designed for it, but didn't make it to the "as-built"

#379 11 months ago

Looking for some help/ clarification on what these 2 graphs represents.
Owned this pin since 4/21. Loving it. Read the rules. I can't seemed to find definitive answers on what is displayed.
**Please keep your, "5 balls?!" Comments to yourself. It's my pin, and I get to make those choices

Screenshot_20230521_073356_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230521_073356_Gallery (resized).jpg
#380 11 months ago

The one on the right represents soldiers - essentially functions as a timer for the jobs as they count down

#381 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The one on the right represents soldiers - essentially functions as a timer for the jobs as they count down

Got it. I see the number counting down for the job timer, what's the bar graph on the right? (And the left?)

Screenshot_20230521_090551_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230521_090551_Gallery (resized).jpg
#383 11 months ago

Thank you for the links. I've read thru all of them & posted the rules on Pinside as well, including a "quick guide/cheat sheet" from the Tiltforums' page. So please forgive me if I'm not seeing it, and please do share with me. Seriously I can't locate where those graphs are explained.

#384 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thank you for the links. I've read thru all of them & posted the rules on Pinside as well, including a "quick guide/cheat sheet" from the Tiltforums' page. So please forgive me if I'm not seeing it, and please do share with me. Seriously I can't locate where those graphs are explained.

Yw, I actually assumed the answers would be in the manual. The closest I have seen so far is some of the rulesheet reference things like "top left of the screen" but doesn't go into detail. Incomplete manual?

#385 11 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Yw, I actually assumed the answers would be in the manual. The closest I have seen so far is some of the rulesheet reference things like "top left of the screen" but doesn't go into detail. Incomplete manual?

JJPs manuals are ONLY incomplete since they canned Butch. One of them left out the FLIPPER MECHS in the parts breakdown.

#386 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJPs manuals are ONLY incomplete since they canned Butch. One of them left out the FLIPPER MECHS in the parts breakdown.

That was unbelievable. Butch makes the best manuals.

Fortunately he's now making them for Chicago Gaming Company. We've already seen the 16 ( I believe ) page shot layout for Pulp Fiction. Can't wait to see the PF manual, or other ones he makes for them in the future.

#387 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was unbelievable. Butch makes the best manuals.
Fortunately he's now making them for Chicago Gaming Company. We've already seen the 16 ( I believe ) page shot layout for Pulp Fiction. Can't wait to see the PF manual, or other ones he makes for them in the future.

Don’t forget the part about Butch being a wonderful human being, a great friend and a very nice man.

#388 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Got it. I see the number counting down for the job timer, what's the bar graph on the right? (And the left?)
[quoted image]

IMG_20230521_115848.gifIMG_20230521_115848.gif

Screenshot_20230521_090551_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230521_090551_Gallery (resized).jpg
#389 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Am I not remembering correctly or was this explained in that twitch stream early on where Eric and a bunch of people were together taking turns playing. Keith Johnson was explaining a lot during that stream. I can't find the link any more... might have taken it down or I just cannot find it. I'm not even 100% sure it was in that stream but that's my best direction I can give atm. I wish I had my CE so I could dive deeper lol.

#390 11 months ago

The right hand side graph as I said represents soldiers - each dashed line is a soldier and the total is represented by the number in the middle on the right

#391 11 months ago

The right hand side graph as I said represents soldiers - each dashed line is a soldier and the total is represented by the number in the middle on the right

Thanks for your input. Hopefully we can all pitch in and decipher this code.
I'm thinking the graph has something to do with soldiers, possibly yes. Attached photo shows graph, other photo is current stats of the same time: 91 soldiers (hold left flipper). The graph seems to fluctuate at times. I'm just not sure why as I'm not good enough to pay that much attention to the screen AND make a shot.
The number value on right, center is definitely the time left on the mode (jobs & awards). See "Job Ready" in that spot when no job is in progress.
I'll try and play around a bit more and and share - for those that may be interested. Anyone with insight please do share.

20230521_135533 (resized).jpg20230521_135533 (resized).jpg20230521_140046 (resized).jpg20230521_140046 (resized).jpg
#392 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

You might have more luck in the hype thread .

#393 11 months ago

Don’t forget the part about Butch being a wonderful human being, a great friend and a very nice man.

You are of course correct. If you get the chance to see him at a show or something, say hi. You'll be glad you did.

I also forgot to thank Miami for helping make a great company even better.

#394 11 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Thank you

#395 11 months ago

The left graph is weapons progress.

#396 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Thanks for your input. Hopefully we can all pitch in and decipher this code...
I'll try and play around a bit more and and share - for those that may be interested. Anyone with insight please do share. [quoted image][quoted image]

The left side:
Graph represents Available weapons (multipliers, 2x, 2.5x, etc). The circle shows current weapon being utilized (also the multiplier). The outer gold circle is the timer for that given weapon's availability (multiplier timer).
Spinners add to available weapons

Right side:
Still don't know what the graph represents. The circle is the Job/Award mode's time remaining.
Spinners add time to modes.
So, the right side graph is still a mystery as of this posting.

Screenshot_20230521_073356_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230521_073356_Gallery (resized).jpg20230521_135530 (resized).jpg20230521_135530 (resized).jpg
#397 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Right side:
Still don't know what the graph represents. The circle is the Job/Award mode's time remaining.
Spinners add time to modes.
So, the right side graph is still a mystery as of this posting.

The right side is soldiers collected which qualify jobs. The timer on that side is the job timer, I believe.

#398 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The right side is soldiers collected which qualify jobs. The timer on that side is the job timer, I believe.

If looking at the images correctly, that right side maxes out at 40. Whereas you can really collect up to 100 soldiers. Does that mean you have no idea how many you really have after 40 without trapping up and looking at a details screen? That seems to be important information that you really need to know before starting a job. The diff between 40 and 100 is huge. Is there something that I am missing?

#399 11 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

If looking at the images correctly, that right side maxes out at 40. Whereas you can really collect up to 100 soldiers. Does that mean you have no idea how many you really have after 40 without trapping up and looking at a details screen? That seems to be important information that you really need to know before starting a job. The diff between 40 and 100 is huge. Is there something that I am missing?

I assume it's a percentage value needed to start the job, not a physical count.

#400 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I assume it's a percentage value needed to start the job, not a physical count.

I know Karl from IEPinball also wants to see the absolute soldier count on that main screen. Unless that is a percentage of the 100 possible. It is really necessary info to determine if you want to start a job. Maybe JJP is listening and will add it in a future update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,999.99
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Indialantic, FL
Hardware
Pinball Haven

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 80.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.