(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,774 posts
  • 238 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 114 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PDC04141.JPG
PDC04138.JPG
PDC04139.JPG
PDC04140.JPG
20240328_140538 (resized).jpg
20240328_140534 (resized).jpg
20240319_165650 (resized).jpg
IMG_1439 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1438 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1436 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1435 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1434 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1433 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1430 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1432 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 76.
#301 11 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I let go of my CE ...

#302 11 months ago

The first LE (#99) has landed in the Middle East.......

355080A4-E941-4DC1-A96E-CF202F55437E (resized).jpeg355080A4-E941-4DC1-A96E-CF202F55437E (resized).jpeg
#303 11 months ago

#304 11 months ago

I joined The Family today. I'm a one-pin Family, so dis one betta keep me occupied for awhile, or else.....

godfather (resized).jpggodfather (resized).jpg
#305 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I joined The Family today. I'm a one-pin Family, so dis one betta keep me occupied for awhile, or else.....
[quoted image]

Congrats Paesan!

#306 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

[quoted image]

Congrats!

Just remember... Pins have feelings too.. You wouldn't want that GF to suffer from loneliness now would you?

#307 11 months ago

I did it… I made room for this game without having to part with one. I feel so fantastic about it. And the best part - I actually have room for Godfather plus 2 more pins now, and I can get the glass out of 4 other games without lifting them to clear the shuffle bowler I relocated. I used to have to lift the front of those 4 other pins up so the glass would slide out above the bowler lane. No more. This is a major game changer! Jen, I’m ready for that call now for sure!

#308 11 months ago

Okay, I've had it for a day and I've run into my first issue. Nearly every game, generally during one of the multiball, a ball is getting stuck on the upper left orbit. See photo. It's not clear to me whether it's supposed to be left through by the switch next to it (which I think is #33) or whether that switch gets activated in other ways and then just blocks ball from coming through. When the ball does get stuck. The "find the stuck ball" feature doesn't trigger #33 switch, so the ball just stays there. According to the switch test results (which I did after I turned the game off, removed the ball, and turned it on again) showed switch #33 as blue (inactive), but not red (broken). but my guess is that's just the current state when a game isn't being played? Has anyone else had this issue occur, and, if so, is there an easy way that doesn't require a warranty call?

stuckball (resized).jpgstuckball (resized).jpg
#309 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck on the left side of the wheel under the mobster sculpt? Doesn't happen a LOT, but it's a pain when it does. I think it may be that the wheel is too high and it's getting stuck on the seam, but it's a pain to get in there. There's a think about leveling the wheel with the unpacking instructions. Maybe I'll try that first.

Hi, I just got my GFLE yesterday and I'm having a similar or maybe the same issue and put a post in on it. The ball is getting stuck on the left side under the gangster, on a little shelf next to what's identified as switch #33. If you look up my user name you'll my post with a photo of the stuck ball.

Were you able to fix this issue on yours?

#310 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Hi, I just got my GFLE yesterday and I'm having a similar or maybe the same issue and put a post in on it. The ball is getting stuck on the left side under the gangster, on a little shelf next to what's identified as switch #33. If you look up my user name you'll my post with a photo of the stuck ball.
Were you able to fix this issue on yours?

I figured out it was a RTFM situation. You need to balance the wheel under the gangster. There was a sheet packed right on the pf advising it be done before playing and showing how to do it.

Yeah, i didn't read it, either.

#311 11 months ago

Is there a setting to tone down the shaker motor?
Can't find it for the life of me.

#312 11 months ago
Quoted from dug:

Is there a setting to tone down the shaker motor?
Can't find it for the life of me.

Under coil settings.

#313 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Under coil settings.

Thanks Vic

#314 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Okay, I've had it for a day and I've run into my first issue. Nearly every game, generally during one of the multiball, a ball is getting stuck on the upper left orbit. See photo. It's not clear to me whether it's supposed to be left through by the switch next to it (which I think is #33) or whether that switch gets activated in other ways and then just blocks ball from coming through. When the ball does get stuck. The "find the stuck ball" feature doesn't trigger #33 switch, so the ball just stays there. According to the switch test results (which I did after I turned the game off, removed the ball, and turned it on again) showed switch #33 as blue (inactive), but not red (broken). but my guess is that's just the current state when a game isn't being played? Has anyone else had this issue occur, and, if so, is there an easy way that doesn't require a warranty call? [quoted image]

I had a ball get stuck there in one of my first games when fighting the 4th guy. That is when the magnet grabs it and the plate kicks up to block the compound lock so you can enter the spinning disk from behind to defeat the guy. The roll over switch was too high in my game and the ball doesn't move fast enough after the magnet drops it to push it down. I bent the wire down some and it hasn't happened since.

#315 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I figured out it was a RTFM situation. You need to balance the wheel under the gangster. There was a sheet packed right on the pf advising it be done before playing and showing how to do it.
Yeah, i didn't read it, either.

Thank you, I saw the notice, but the ball isn't getting stuck when it's in been in the "gangster wheel" and from what I can see the "front" of the wheel is a little bit higher and the left side of the wheel is a little lower than the wood so it think it's set right. It really only happens when I hit the right orbit, and not every time. It gets caught in that little shelf on the left side as in my photo versus continuing down the left side of the orbit. It's not clear whether the rollover wire is supposed to let it go through or not whether the ball gets trapped because it's not fast enough to bypass that little shelf area. It's not clear to me either whether something is lowering switch 33 period or whether it's meant to keep a ball coming from the orbit from re-entering the ganger wheel.

#316 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Thank you, I saw the notice, but the ball isn't getting stuck when it's in been in the "gangster wheel" and from what I can see the "front" of the wheel is a little bit higher and the left side of the wheel is a little lower than the wood so it think it's set right. It really only happens when I hit the right orbit, and not every time. It gets caught in that little shelf on the left side as in my photo versus continuing down the left side of the orbit. It's not clear whether the rollover wire is supposed to let it go through or not whether the ball gets trapped because it's not fast enough to bypass that little shelf area. It's not clear to me either whether something is lowering switch 33 period or whether it's meant to keep a ball coming from the orbit from re-entering the ganger wheel.

Rollover switch there is probably a little too high to allow the ball easily and consistently to roll over it. Try bending the wire arm down. Probably easiest from below (remove switch, bend wire, reinstall). Manually roll ball over it in switch test mode to make sure it still registers after adjusting.

#317 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rollover switch there is probably a little too high to allow the ball easily and consistently to roll over it. Try bending the wire arm down. Probably easiest from below (remove switch, bend wire, reinstall). Manually roll ball over it in switch test mode to make sure it still registers after adjusting.

As a Chicago Gaming tech, this is what I do. Remember us on your next game purchase.

If it looks like one of these switches in the picture. I take a fiberboard spacer from a leaf blade switch ( see picture ) remove the two screws holding the switch bracket, lower the switch. Put a fiberboard leaf blade spacer on it, so it's between the underside of the playfield and bracket holding the switch, and put the switch back and fasten it with the two screws. The holes on the fiber board spacer and switch bracket line up perfectly.

This works great. No bending of switch arm, which can be a nightmare on those type of switches. And switch still works and no longer traps the ball.

LTG : )

fiberboardspacers (resized).JPGfiberboardspacers (resized).JPGswitch (resized).jpgswitch (resized).jpg

#318 11 months ago

That should be a key post. So much safer than bending those. Thanks LTG. it never dawned on me to try that as a method.

#319 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

As a Chicago Gaming tech, this is what I do. Remember us on your next game purchase.
If it looks like one of these switches in the picture. I take a fiberboard spacer from a leaf blade switch ( see picture ) remove the two screws holding the switch bracket, lower the switch. Put a fiberboard leaf blade spacer on it, so it's between the underside of the playfield and bracket holding the switch, and put the switch back and fasten it with the two screws. The holes on the fiber board spacer and switch bracket line up perfectly.
This works great. No bending of switch arm, which can be a nightmare on those type of switches. And switch still works and no longer traps the ball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds like advice a JJP online tech help rep could give. IF JJP STILL HAD ONE.

#320 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That sounds like a really good solution. Now if I can figure only out where to get a leaf switch with a spacer with holes the same size as the one in Godfather...

#321 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

That sounds like a really good solution. Now if I can figure only out where to get a leaf switch with a spacer with holes the same size as the one in Godfather...

This is the cheapest with a quick search - https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-open.html

Holes will be standard. Old leaf blade stacks from EMs', stand up targets, anything. Dig out of junk box, buy used at a show, or buy a new one and pry apart.

Even make your own. Not rocket science.

#322 11 months ago

#323 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The Black Mirror blades don't make the hot rails look weird or anything else . Black would be perfect for GF and possibly gold but I definitely would not go standard , to Bright , just too much .
I don't know what a Murrow is , so I took a lot of pictures so hopefully I got it whatever that is
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Went with Black Mirror - very happy with that "color" style. Classy & subtle, and still no doubt they're there. As usual with any pin photos: they don't do justice for the live-in-person vantage point.
Note to first timer installing these type of blades: This is definitely a phone-a-friend task (not to help you do it, but to talk you out of the insanely challenging and delicate project for your beautiful pin!) Thankfully, I have a set of gamblade protectors as these were very helpful.
Lastly, there's a difference with "works with" vs "designed for". Mine are the former: (Bally/Williams style from pinballdecals.com). FYI the holes did NOT match up with the pin's backbox hinge bolts. Ended up using a couple of the tiny screws provided and a couple of strips of 3-M double sided tape for that clean flush mounted look

20230501_203634 (resized).jpg20230501_203634 (resized).jpg20230501_203643 (resized).jpg20230501_203643 (resized).jpg20230501_203646 (resized).jpg20230501_203646 (resized).jpg
#324 11 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Went with Black Mirror - very happy with that "color" style. Classy & subtle, and still no doubt they're there. As usual with any pin photos: they don't do justice for the live-in-person vantage point.
Note to first timer installing these type of blades: This is definitely a phone-a-friend task (not to help you do it, but to talk you out of the insanely challenging and delicate project for your beautiful pin!) Thankfully, I have a set of gamblade protectors as these were very helpful.
Lastly, there's a difference with "works with" vs "designed for". Mine are the former: (Bally/Williams style from pinballdecals.com). FYI the holes did NOT match up with the pin's backbox hinge bolts. Ended up using a couple of the tiny screws provided and a couple of strips of 3-M double sided tape for that clean flush mounted look[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job , they look excellent !
I phoned a friend to help me lift out the Playfield just to make it installation easy .
I just used double-sided tape but on one side the back box hole didn't line-up perfectly and had to use a file to add a couple mm .
Cabinet protectors are a must .
People say it all the time but pictures don't do them Justice .

IMG20221021140559 (resized).jpgIMG20221021140559 (resized).jpg

#325 11 months ago

Will be glad when the CE's roll.

#326 11 months ago

Pretty sure that May is now officially the longest month of the year

#327 11 months ago

I tried to hold out to protest the prices, but I'm only human.

Godfather (resized).jpgGodfather (resized).jpg
#328 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I tried to hold out to protest the prices, but I'm only human.[quoted image]

So are you just using this to tide you over until the CE then selling this LE?

this-is-the-way (resized).pngthis-is-the-way (resized).png
#329 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So are you just using this to tide you over until the CE then selling this LE?
[quoted image]

No, I seem to have missed the CE boat. I gotta be honest, I love Eric's games but do not love Godfather as a theme...so I figure this will be a game Susan and I beat up for a year or two then move along for the next one.

But we'll see! If it hooks me and I end up "needing" a CE, I will have come out worse in the end.

#330 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have you already played it beforehand? Liked it?

#331 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, I seem to have missed the CE boat. I gotta be honest, I love Eric's games but do not love Godfather as a theme...so I figure this will be a game Susan and I beat up for a year or two then move along for the next one.
But we'll see! If it hooks me and I end up "needing" a CE, I will have come out worse in the end.

I expect you to consume it utterly in short order. You put crazy time on your pins.

#332 11 months ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Have you already played it beforehand? Liked it?

Played it like twice at TPF. Too loud to hear, impatient people in line behind me so I didn’t get much of a read on it.

But I love Eric’s games.

#333 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Played it like twice at TPF. Too loud to hear, impatient people in line behind me so I didn’t get much of a read on it.
But I love Eric’s games.

I look forward to hearing your take on Godfather.

Ordered my CE based on various factors except actually playing one. Hope my hunch is right.

#334 11 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I look forward to hearing your take on Godfather.
Ordered my CE based on various factors except actually playing one. Hope my hunch is right.

You’ll be happy. It plays as good or better than any of the recent new games. Theme feels like a mobster game. I’m one of the rare that don’t care for the movies at all. This game has a very unique use of space on the playfield yet, retains flow and also has plenty of shots. It’s a great game. Then light show is spectacular.

#335 11 months ago

Where are the hookers in the game .
Eric said he spent a bit of time researching them

#336 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Welcome back.

#337 11 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I tried to hold out to protest the prices, but I'm only human.

Happy to see you getting one, and anxious to hear your feedback on it!

#338 11 months ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Okay, I've had it for a day and I've run into my first issue. Nearly every game, generally during one of the multiball, a ball is getting stuck on the upper left orbit. See photo.

Just got mine. Happens every game for me as well. Presume it's a simple fix, is this something bending the switch down or adding a spacer under it will fix?

Also: getting some balls stuck on the left of the spinning disc but that was literally called out in the sheet that came with the game, just need to adjust the thingies called out to make the left side sit a bit lower.

Plays great otherwise, although needs to be DEAD level to avoid SDTM drains from orbits, yikes!
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 3.31.38 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-03 at 3.31.38 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-03 at 3.31.49 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-05-03 at 3.31.49 PM (resized).png

#339 11 months ago

duplicate woops

#340 11 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just got mine. Happens every game for me as well. Presume it's a simple fix, is this something bending the switch down or adding a spacer under it will fix?
Also: getting some balls stuck on the left of the spinning disc but that was literally called out in the sheet that came with the game, just need to adjust the thingies called out to make the left side sit a bit lower.
Plays great otherwise, although needs to be DEAD level to avoid SDTM drains from orbits, yikes!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's likely the switch wire is too high, stopping slow balls. So yeah, bending the wire or adding a spacer (a piece of fiberboard from a switch stack, as LTG offered) is the fix. It's in the topic index for this thread under "TECH:PLAYFIELD."

#341 11 months ago

Yeah I was getting that on mine too. Adjusted the rollover switch down a bit and it’s good now.

#342 10 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Lastly, there's a difference with "works with" vs "designed for". Mine are the former: (Bally/Williams style from pinballdecals.com). FYI the holes did NOT match up with the pin's backbox hinge bolts. Ended up using a couple of the tiny screws provided and a couple of strips of 3-M double sided tape for that clean flush mounted look[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went with the black mirror blades as well. They do look awesome. The back box bolt holes also didn’t line up on mine. I had to use a Drexel to drop it down another 2mm. For the price of these things, I wish they just made them to fit correctly.

What are you guys using to clean the blades? Windex ok?

#343 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I went with the black mirror blades as well. They do look awesome. The back box bolt holes also didn’t line up on mine. I had to use a Drexel to drop it down another 2mm. For the price of these things, I wish they just made them to fit correctly.
What are you guys using to clean the blades? Windex ok?

Sprayawa glass cleaner is my go-to. Ammonia free. Haven't tried their stainless steel cleaner, not sure how that'll perform on a non-brushed finish.

20230506_064807 (resized).jpg20230506_064807 (resized).jpg
#344 10 months ago
Quoted from WillM:

Sprayawa glass cleaner

There's always a knockoff out there. Sounds like this one is sold in Nigeria...

#345 10 months ago

I joined the family last night after pinfest! What an incredible game!

IMG_1688 (resized).jpegIMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
#346 10 months ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

[quoted image]

It is a very clever layout isn’t it?

IMG_1158 (resized).jpegIMG_1158 (resized).jpeg
#347 10 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Looking forward to you streaming it. A friend of mine gets his next week. Can't wait to play it at his place. Unfortunately i don't have the funds yet because of my new car i got last month. Am saving like crazy to add this next to my GnR.

#348 10 months ago

[quoted image]

The Complete Eric Meunier collection. Respect!!!!!

#349 10 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

It is a very clever layout isn’t it?
[quoted image]

very. I love it

#350 10 months ago

[quoted image]

What a lineup! Are you taking new friend applications by any chance? lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 3,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/7?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.