(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,010 posts - Hot topic!
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by VisitorQ
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).png
IMG_2104 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2105 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3006 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8128823_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_5123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,010 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 81.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I haven’t experienced this yet. But I’ll be damned if I can get on Wi-Fi. My GnR wouldn’t connect either so it must be my router being whacky.

You may want to check this thread, a few posts down it starts to talk about router compatibility which sounds like it could also be your issue. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-wifi-donglethe-correct-one

I have quite a few theories as to what is causing this (primarily with the Linux drivers used and the default Wifi adapter settings). Once I get my GF i could figure out exactly what is going on with the adapter they use but that will be a month or two <sigh>.

TLDR, if you can create a VAP on your router (seperate SSID) then you can create a network specifically for the pin and not have to worry about messing anything up for your other existing Wifi devices. Definitely still use encryption but you have to figure out which one the JJP adapter supports. It does seem to support both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands anyway.

Then again, I have no idea what this Wifi connection is used for outside of updates (which are rare). Does anyone know what Wifi is used for other than updates? Maybe JJPs scorbit replacement in the future? Is there a phone app that is connects to? Unless it does something useful with Wifi, I would not connect it anyway. This is basically a Linux PC running in the backbox and if it isn't getting updates routinely, eventually it will just become a sitting vulnerability.

#252 1 year ago

Planning to order GF. Is the $3000 really worth it? Topper and cosmetics… maybe the Le is the way? It looks like a great game. How’s the Le’s build quality and reliability so far please?

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from PinheadEDM:

Planning to order GF. Is the $3000 really worth it?

Short answer... Absolutely!

Most games I don't really see the value over an LE, but this one with the topper does enough for me to warrant the difference.

#254 1 year ago

For me the extra 3k for CE was worth it for this title. My only regret is I would or could already have the LE and be playing. And the LE still looks great too but the CE was just so over the top, I couldn’t resist.

Next time I’ll order both and sell the LE when the CE is on the way. Problem solved.

#255 1 year ago

I would usually go with a CE, but for this title I went with the LE. I like the blacked out look better. I also like that I was able to get the game faster. I’m kind of over the whole topper thing. When I moved into my new house, I had my games set up without the toppers at first. I really liked the clean look. I think we’ve all gotten a little carried away with toppers these days. To each their own though.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Next time I’ll order both and sell the LE when the CE is on the way. Problem solved.

this-is-the-way.gifthis-is-the-way.gif
#257 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m kind of over the whole topper thing.

I never really cared about toppers. Except I did try and get one for my Laser War, only because it’s such an excellent condition, well preserved game.

The topper on the CE made next to no impact on my decision either. It only helped me justify a small portion of the price increase, and had no bearing on how the whole package looked to me.

#258 1 year ago

5F0E0CD4-ADD7-4A3C-BCD8-925BDDBBA8D6 (resized).jpeg5F0E0CD4-ADD7-4A3C-BCD8-925BDDBBA8D6 (resized).jpeg

CADCA6DE-3828-43F4-9FF1-F44AC3CD10E6 (resized).jpegCADCA6DE-3828-43F4-9FF1-F44AC3CD10E6 (resized).jpegF09E721F-075F-41DE-8A83-21D9798F109C (resized).jpegF09E721F-075F-41DE-8A83-21D9798F109C (resized).jpeg
#259 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

A visit to the home country by JJP's neo-classic. Belíssimo!

#260 1 year ago

What a great game?

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:What a great game?

So what are you trying to say?

#262 1 year ago

I seem to have hit an issue and am wondering if it may be a bug - curious if others have experienced it:

When I have a single ball in the compound u-turn then knock it out so it's positioned behind the entry gate, then lock another ball via the skill shot, the second ball is released from the u-turn and both balls are released for multiball as it should be.

However, if the first ball is still in the u-turn area and a second ball is then added to the u-turn area (either via a direct shot to the compound or via a skill shot) such that both balls are in the u-turn area at the same time, the divider drops so that both balls are staged behind the entry gate, but the entry gate never drops - the balls remain in the compound. The game keeps making callouts directing me what to do, but never seems to realize the balls aren't in play (i.e. never goes into ball search mode). The only options are to remove the glass or restart the game.

I've reached out to my distributor and per his suggestion re-seated the cables to the LED board where the sensors are. I've also run the individual tests for the solenoids for both gates/drop targets as well as the compound feature test. Things appear to be working properly in all those tests.

Anyone else seen this behavior?

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from kse001:

I seem to have hit an issue and am wondering if it may be a bug - curious if others have experienced it:
When I have a single ball in the compound u-turn then knock it out so it's positioned behind the entry gate, then lock another ball via the skill shot, the second ball is released from the u-turn and both balls are released for multiball as it should be.
However, if the first ball is still in the u-turn area and a second ball is then added to the u-turn area (either via a direct shot to the compound or via a skill shot) such that both balls are in the u-turn area at the same time, the divider drops so that both balls are staged behind the entry gate, but the entry gate never drops - the balls remain in the compound. The game keeps making callouts directing me what to do, but never seems to realize the balls aren't in play (i.e. never goes into ball search mode). The only options are to remove the glass or restart the game.
I've reached out to my distributor and per his suggestion re-seated the cables to the LED board where the sensors are. I've also run the individual tests for the solenoids for both gates/drop targets as well as the compound feature test. Things appear to be working properly in all those tests.

I had some issues pop up and then a message showed up. It was a communication failure.

Check the connections on the I/O board behind the LCD. A few of the connectors were not fully seated on mine. I fully seated them and all seems to be good now.
IMG_4491 (resized).jpegIMG_4491 (resized).jpeg

#264 1 year ago
Quoted from kse001:

pinball_keefer Hogbog

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from kse001:

Does switch test mode on the system menu show any switches/sensors not working properly?

#266 1 year ago

I played this today at Silverball and was blown away. I thought I would dislike it since the tone is so different from the film, but I had a blast and luckily, it wasn't very busy and I had a half hour on the game by myself. Even the callouts, which drove me nuts when I watched the streams, didn't bother me at all! I know of liked them. Definitely reminds me of a 90's Williams game! But the added content from the films works so well. Amazing job. So, now I really want one and would love to find a CE. Do any distributors have any left? Or do I just have to wait for secondary market? Or get an LE. Thanks in advance!

#267 1 year ago

The only one that I’m seeing in the last few days it’s located in L.A. , I wish that you find one, and also I wish that Sako-TRG can find one too in the UK.

The LE is simply a beautiful game too. Good luck!

878B8527-312B-4250-B6D3-A3B33AFF1704 (resized).jpeg878B8527-312B-4250-B6D3-A3B33AFF1704 (resized).jpeg
#268 1 year ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The only one that I’m seeing in the last few days it’s located in L.A.

Thank you so much! I'll check this out! Have a
great day!

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does switch test mode on the system menu show any switches/sensors not working properly?

No, I've run through the menus and no warnings/alerts and nothing looks out of the ordinary. I will perhaps try reseating everything again and see if it helps. Unless any other suggestions come along, I guess I'll try to reproduce and send the detail in as a potential bug.

#270 1 year ago

Rolls-Royce
Thanks buddy, I'm happy to say I will be a member too, so CE will be incoming
Worked out a trade deal involving my GZ LE.

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Rolls-Royce
Thanks buddy, I'm happy to say I will be a member too, so CE will be incoming
Worked out a trade deal involving my GZ LE.

Excellent, amazing news! Congratulations mate!

#272 1 year ago

What a great game!
That’s what I was trying to say.

#273 1 year ago

I received my Godfather LE Friday. Really enjoying it so far but have a few issues I am working thru. One is the left ramp. When it's elevated to have the ball roll back down to the inlanes, the ball often gets stuck. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this? Also, I 'think' I am missing a screw or post on the air ball flap above that same ramp. It just hangs loose and I have noticed a few shots smacking into it and not making it around. Can someone with the game confirm there should be something in there?

PXL_20230415_031223551.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230415_031223551.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230417_210159073.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230417_210159073.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230417_210205970.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230417_210205970.MP (resized).jpg
#274 1 year ago
Quoted from zephee:

I received my Godfather LE Friday. Really enjoying it so far but have a few issues I am working thru. One is the left ramp. When it's elevated to have the ball roll back down to the inlanes, the ball often gets stuck. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this? Also, I 'think' I am missing a screw or post on the air ball flap above that same ramp. It just hangs loose and I have noticed a few shots smacking into it and not making it around. Can someone with the game confirm there should be something in there?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is empty as well. I think it’s meant to be that way to give some flex as the ball travels.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#275 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Mine is empty as well. I think it’s meant to be that way to give some flex as the ball travels.[quoted image]

This is correct.

#276 1 year ago
Quoted from zephee:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely open a ticket in the support section of JJP's site. The one issue I had, they responded quickly and it was resolved asap by working with them on the solution. Support was 10/10

#277 1 year ago

Does anyone have a preference between Big Mike and Furious George .
I posted this , in the hype thread .
I do like Furious Floyd's cigar but I like them both .

IMG_20230418_231743 (resized).jpgIMG_20230418_231743 (resized).jpgIMG_20230418_231812 (resized).jpgIMG_20230418_231812 (resized).jpg
#278 1 year ago

Initially I thought Furious Floyd looked too cartoon-like but he looks great in person!!

#280 1 year ago

I tried the "more bass" preset in the equalizer, and either there's no change, or worse, less bass.

Is that just my imagine?

#281 1 year ago
50F16ED5-358A-428E-A743-AF944BDAE363 (resized).jpeg50F16ED5-358A-428E-A743-AF944BDAE363 (resized).jpeg
#282 1 year ago
Quoted from kse001:

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, it turned out to be the microswitch attached to the U-Turn gate mechanism was not adjusted properly. I wound up needing to bend the actuator blade slightly as there was not enough wiggle room to just adjust the switch position, but that seems to have solved the problem.

#283 1 year ago

Hate to ask but how are the PFs holdin up?
Chap on the Mirco PF complaints thread reckons one had issue on route.
Raised inserts........could be a one off.

#284 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Great question. I have an opportunity to get a ce …if there’s playfield issues I’m out

#285 12 months ago

Playfields are not an issue on this game that I’ve seen. The one insert comment and photos looked like a weak attempt to create something out of nothing, and an attempt to liven up a lame podcast.

#286 12 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I've had mine for a number of weeks now and zero issues. Just normal dimpling, same as any other pin.

#287 12 months ago

Improved upper back glass lighting…no more dark corners, more uniform lighting, jjp logo more visible.

https://lermods.com/products/the-godfather-pinball-backglass-lighting-accessory-upgrade

IMG_0963 (resized).jpegIMG_0963 (resized).jpeg

#288 12 months ago

Should be a factory fix hmm... but good to know about this

#289 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone have a preference between Big Mike and Furious George ....

Big Mike

The hat beats the cigar for me.

#290 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone have a preference between Big Mike and Furious George .
I posted this , in the hype thread .
I do like Furious Floyd's cigar but I like them both .
[quoted image][quoted image]

the bottom one has that "keep the change ya filthy animal" feel to it

#291 11 months ago
Quoted from cait001:

the bottom one has that "keep the change ya filthy animal" feel to it

That's big Mike . He does look like he would enjoy putting you in cement shoes

#292 11 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

No playfield issues here. Actually, it’s the nicest playfield I’ve had on any game in a long time. It’s like glass.

#293 11 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No playfield issues here. Actually, it’s the nicest playfield I’ve had on any game in a long time. It’s like glass.

Same, I’ve had my fair share of airballs as well and everything is holding up.

#294 11 months ago

Big Thank You to Marshall & David at Little Shop Of Games for getting the Godfather 50th to my 40th! All the Best Fella's

godfather 1 (resized).jpggodfather 1 (resized).jpggodfather 2 (resized).jpggodfather 2 (resized).jpggodfather 3 (resized).jpggodfather 3 (resized).jpggodfather 5 (resized).jpggodfather 5 (resized).jpggodfather 6 (resized).jpggodfather 6 (resized).jpg
#295 11 months ago
Quoted from JoeyItaliano:

Big Thank You to Marshall & David at Little Shop Of Games for getting the Godfather 50th to my 40th! All the Best Fella's
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats mate , mine will be coming for my 50th (I can't believe I just said that) time goes too fast

#296 11 months ago

An unbiased review (sorry , first thoughts) , watch at the 21 minute mark

#297 11 months ago

Curious, has anyone made it to Baptism? I had it ready, but unlike everything else you can't stack it with a mode. I missed the shot to complete the mode and cash out and promptly drained my last ball. Is it a good mini wizard mode?

#298 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Curious, has anyone made it to Baptism? I had it ready, but unlike everything else you can't stack it with a mode. I missed the shot to complete the mode and cash out and promptly drained my last ball. Is it a good mini wizard mode?

I did, once. Cashed out as early as possible throughout the game to see how far I could get thus scoring was lite. Was a recon mission of sorts. Seemed like I got many extra balls just at the right times. Also drained last ball but got presidential pardon. Still lost another one while "going to church" during Baptism. Suddenly became pretty nervous from that point and blew it... Kills flippers and your game is done
I'm digging the depth of this pin. Watch the movie (again) to appreciate the call outs and clips.

20230424_145714 (resized).jpg20230424_145714 (resized).jpg20230424_170625 (resized).jpg20230424_170625 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230424_170447_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230424_170447_Gallery (resized).jpg
#299 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Yeah, I got there a while back. I thought something had gone wrong with the machine because the wheel wasn't lit. Very cool mode. Feels epic.

#300 11 months ago

I let go of my CE and brought home an LE.
Great game guys! Plays great and feels different for sure.

IMG_1147 (resized).jpegIMG_1147 (resized).jpegIMG_1158 (resized).jpegIMG_1158 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,467 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Grapevine, TX
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Station, NY
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newberg, OR
There are 4,010 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 81.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/6?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.