(Topic ID: 332819)

The Godfather Club- Keep it in the family.

By ATLpb

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,084 posts
  • 245 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by freddy
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3108 (resized).png
Godfather rubbers list (resized).png
Capo area rubers (resized).png
20240421_092122.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
image0 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240420_031705689 (resized).jpg
IMG_1482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1934 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0533 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 82.
#101 1 year ago

Worth a listen , views from an operator .
Listen from the 40 minute mark if you don't want to hear it all .
My favourite my favourite part is when he says something like , I feel bad pumpin it so bad because Foo Fighters is also an amazing game but you know ... it feels like a Stern

https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-zz2r8-13c7b48

#102 1 year ago

Here's The Godfather presentation from Jack and Eric at Texas Pinball Festival.

I have it timestamped ahead to when it begins so you don't have to go through 55+ minutes of other stuff.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1774612081?t=00h55m55s

#103 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My favourite my favourite part is when he says something like , I feel bad pumpin it so bad because Foo Fighters is also an amazing game but you know ... it feels like a Stern

I’ve played both a fair amount. We are blessed to have two awesome games come out at once. I don’t mean to knock the other new releases but these two are a cut above.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That was great and it seemed like the other( Stern fan) dude kept trying to talk him out of praising so highly!lol

#105 1 year ago

I’ve been playing an LE at a nearby Barcade. I’ve got a CE on order. Unfortunately the LE has a couple of issues that make it a bit of a bummer to play. Hopefully they’ll get it sorted soon.
1: The left ramp keeps going up and down constantly. Makes the shot under the ramp almost impossible. And when the ball does make it under the ramp, instead of letting it go when it’s supposed to it just pops up and then back down again, trapping the ball. Makes it very difficult to time the upper flipper shot to the “Loop Ramp” or the Hideout making both shots almost impossible. It also makes starting Sicily Multiball very difficult.
2: The “Compound” skill shot bounces out of the compound without registering, so you can’t make the Compound skill shot.
3: The camera has an issue - whenever it takes my picture I look old and short. Oh wait - I am old and short. Never mind.
But the game is still a lot of fun. I can’t wait fro my CE.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep. “Feels like a Stern” mashup. I have enough of those

GF is gonna be great for my taste.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep. “Feels like a Stern” mashup. I have enough of those
GF is gonna be great for my taste.

Couldn't agree with this more. I played the Premium and the Pro, trying to convince myself it's worth the hype everyone is putting out there, it just wasn't for me.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’ve been playing an LE at a nearby Barcade. I’ve got a CE on order. Unfortunately the LE has a couple of issues that make it a bit of a bummer to play. Hopefully they’ll get it sorted soon.
1: The left ramp keeps going up and down constantly. Makes the shot under the ramp almost impossible. And when the ball does make it under the ramp, instead of letting it go when it’s supposed to it just pops up and then back down again, trapping the ball. Makes it very difficult to time the upper flipper shot to the “Loop Ramp” or the Hideout making both shots almost impossible. It also makes starting Sicily Multiball very difficult.
2: The “Compound” skill shot bounces out of the compound without registering, so you can’t make the Compound skill shot.
3: The camera has an issue - whenever it takes my picture I look old and short. Oh wait - I am old and short. Never mind.
But the game is still a lot of fun. I can’t wait fro my CE.

How’s the operator? Tell her/him

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

How’s the operator? Tell her/him

The operator is really good. Just really busy.

#110 1 year ago

Better

985380AA-88D6-4AAA-AA8E-1A5240FAA179.jpeg985380AA-88D6-4AAA-AA8E-1A5240FAA179.jpeg
#111 1 year ago

Eric gave some interesting stats on how many parts are in his games .
GNR 2807
POTC 3169
GF 4501

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Eric gave some interesting stats on how many parts are in his games .
GNR 2807
POTC 3169
GF 4501

That's impressive. I would never of thought GF had more parts than POTC considering POTC is a widebody.

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

That's impressive. I would never of thought GF had more parts than POTC considering POTC is a widebody.

I was surprised as well and people said GF was stripped down
( and that's not including the CE )

#114 1 year ago

Speaking of the CE how good are the details on the topper . I love the glass bottles .
Easily beats the PF topper IMO .

IMG20230328214906 (resized).jpgIMG20230328214906 (resized).jpgIMG20230328214951 (resized).jpgIMG20230328214951 (resized).jpg
#115 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I was surprised as well and people said GF was stripped down
( and that's not including the CE )

I have a CE on order so not knocking this information whatsoever but a big chunk of that difference could be cosmetic and lighting etc. if you count 600 addressable leds as parts, back box lighting etc. Which I’m sure they do.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I have a CE on order so not knocking this information whatsoever but a big chunk of that difference could be cosmetic and lighting etc. if you count 600 addressable leds as parts, back box lighting etc. Which I’m sure they do.

No , I don't think Eric would count a strip of lights as a number of parts , it would just be one part . There's a lot going on which you can't see .
And like I said , it doesn't count the CE .
Here's the podcast if you want to have a listen .
https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-bksaq-13c51b9

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Speaking of the CE how good are the details on the topper . I love the glass bottles .
Easily beats the PF topper IMO

CE topper is bad ass. Too bad the tommy guns on the topper don't have a red led in them like the Caporegime Mech does. That would be extra bad ass.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Probably counting components of single parts. He said the fountain (which is less impressive than advertised, I think) has something like 17 components that are assembled.

PotC is a very impressive game. All of Hogbog 's designs are. But PotC, most of all, is bursting with mechanical action that most people want from a pinball machine. Hopefully he's let loose on a widebody again. I feel like that's his natural habitat.

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Too bad the tommy guns on the topper don't have a red led in them like the Caporegime Mech does. That would be extra bad ass.

I was thinking the same thing .

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I like how the car on the topper is both a 3D model and is modeled in perspective.

#121 1 year ago

Bmanpin Did you get those mirror blades installed?

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The only problem I have with the PF topper is the characters are way too glossy and when they spin completely around they look like a wedding cake ballerina top.
It definitely is well done I would say they are equally bad ass!

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The only problem I have with the PF topper is the characters are way too glossy and when they spin completely around they look like a wedding cake ballerina top.

A little clear matte spray and you can fix yours in a jif!

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Bmanpin Did you get those mirror blades installed?

Ordered the black mirror blades. Not here yet though. Slow shipping or making to order maybe? Ordered from pinball decals.com

Love this game so far! Attention to details. I get sick of looking at those ugly spot lights on my sterns. Like what they did with the led stands on these and it ensures no bulbs popping out when playing and gets rid of the ugly spot lamps. Guess it doesn’t take much to impress me! Ha!

#125 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Like what they did with the led stands on these and it ensures no bulbs popping out when playing and gets rid of the ugly spot lamps.

JJP always seems to be a few steps ahead on the final polish with hiding wires, bulbs and etc for a cleaner, refined and precision look.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Ordered the black mirror blades. Not here yet though. Slow shipping or making to order maybe? Ordered from pinball decals.com
Love this game so far! Attention to details. I get sick of looking at those ugly spot lights on my sterns. Like what they did with the led stands on these and it ensures no bulbs popping out when playing and gets rid of the ugly spot lamps. Guess it doesn’t take much to impress me! Ha!

I agree that JJP does a good job with those spot lights. Sterns look very dated.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game. Mine arrives tomorrow.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I agree that JJP does a good job with those spot lights. Sterns look very dated.
Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game. Mine arrives tomorrow.

Good news! Post some pics! This seems to be a slow thread lately! Let us know if you have any issues. I had balls in trough for some reason straight out of the box and lily pad board errors but that’s all gone now.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I had balls in trough for some reason straight out of the box

Can you please elaborate on this one?

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Can you please elaborate on this one?

Not much else to say other than it came with balls in the trough from the factory and I’m glad they did not escape onto the playfield. Thankfully, they have that little flap in the trough. They must’ve been play testing it and then just forgot to pull the balls.

#130 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

and lily pad board errors but that’s all gone now.

Eric said lily pads have now been changed to light boards , so people know what it means .

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Not much else to say other than it came with balls in the trough from the factory and I’m glad they did not escape onto the playfield. Thankfully, they have that little flap in the trough. They must’ve been play testing it and then just forgot to pull the balls.

Thanks. Was not sure that was exactly what you meant. Just trying to learn in case I ever get trough issues.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Good news! Post some pics! This seems to be a slow thread lately! Let us know if you have any issues. I had balls in trough for some reason straight out of the box and lily pad board errors but that’s all gone now.

Hoping to get it set up tonight and play a few games. Will report back with how it goes!

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hoping to get it set up tonight and play a few games. Will report back with how it goes!

Picking up mine tonight after work (stupid day job! Lol). Probably not able to play until tomorrow night. Looking forward to hearing your first impressions!

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just had a chance to listen and, man! He loves it! That's a great review from a guy that owns an arcade. I'm picking up mine tonight and even more pumped to play it now. Thanks for sharing that!

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Just had a chance to listen and, man! He loves it! That's a great review from a guy that owns an arcade. I'm picking up mine tonight and even more pumped to play it now. Thanks for sharing that!

I like the bit where he said he felt like he was in Disneyland playing it

#136 1 year ago

Anyone with the pin already, how do you advance the weapons? I can never get it above knife. I thought it was spinner rips, but I did that a LOT in one game and never got it above knife as an available weapon.

#137 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A little clear matte spray and you can fix yours in a jif!

Can afford one right now

Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah that was cool he sounded like he really had fun!And the other dude was all incredulous every time he would make a comment about how much him and the wifey liked it.Kept wanting to sing the praises of Stern Foo lol

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Anyone with the pin already, how do you advance the weapons? I can never get it above knife. I thought it was spinner rips, but I did that a LOT in one game and never got it above knife as an available weapon.

Spinner rips build it up but to advance you need to use it. After you use it you can move on to the next weapon, so it's worth using often.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Spinner rips build it up but to advance you need to use it. After you use it you can move on to the next weapon, so it's worth using often.

Ah! I thought it was like BOOMs in Deadpool where I could build to a super boom (aka the next weapon level) but using it would delay the advance. Turns out it was the opposite of that. No wonder i could never get it above knife. Thanks!

EDIT: Choosing Stracci family (faster weapons) and USING them with the action button while also spamming the spinner, I was able to get to the tommy gun (8X) pretty easily now. Only one more to the Molotov cocktail 10X. Thanks again.

#140 1 year ago

The preferred noun is Chicago Typewriter when it's feeling mobsterish, trench sweeper when in the hands of General Thompson.

Can't wait to hear the 2 volley mobster salute from the topper!

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well it seems that when R & L carriers has you confirm your drop off date and time, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. Game was supposed to be dropped between 12pm and 4pm. So my wife stayed home to handle it. It never showed.

She calls R & L and they give her attitude stating that’s the “estimated” drop off time. Lol! Then why have us confirm a 4 hour window?! Game is in Alexandria, Minnesota. Might be here by Friday.

It’s all good though. If this is my biggest problem today, then it was a great day!

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

The preferred noun is Chicago Typewriter when it's feeling mobsterish, trench sweeper when in the hands of General Thompson.

Isn't that Chicago mob slang, though? This is New York.

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That was great

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ah! I thought it was like BOOMs in Deadpool where I could build to a super boom (aka the next weapon level) but using it would delay the advance. Turns out it was the opposite of that. No wonder i could never get it above knife. Thanks!
EDIT: Choosing Stracci family (faster weapons) and USING them with the action button while also spamming the spinner, I was able to get to the tommy gun (8X) pretty easily now. Only one more to the Molotov cocktail 10X. Thanks again.

Yes! I remember Eric said in the TPF seminar that it's beneficial to use it early and often.

#145 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Well it seems that when R & L carriers has you confirm your drop off date and time, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. Game was supposed to be dropped between 12pm and 4pm. So my wife stayed home to handle it. It never showed.
She calls R & L and they give her attitude stating that’s the “estimated” drop off time. Lol! Then why have us confirm a 4 hour window?! Game is in Alexandria, Minnesota. Might be here by Friday.
It’s all good though. If this is my biggest problem today, then it was a great day!

Man delivery day is the best/worst. I’m fortunate to live close enough to my distro that I go pick them up.

Great share about the multiplier by monk and Buffalo. Use early and often is huge and good code design imo.

#146 1 year ago

Has anyone heard an official angle to set this machine at? I'm assuming 6.5° but can't confirm that. Doesn't look like they've released a manual yet.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Has anyone heard an official angle to set this machine at? I'm assuming 6.5° but can't confirm that.

6.5 sounds like the default pitch on JJP and the majority of machines so that’s what I’d suspect.

I’ll probably increase mine unless it plays awesome at that pitch. On JJP GNR I thought it was too slow and floaty between the slings so I upped it to 7.5. it is much faster and less floaty now. But that’s a completely different game layout.

#148 1 year ago

Pick one. Ok, both!

0EE6E713-5491-48DF-ADD1-70C1B541D613.jpeg0EE6E713-5491-48DF-ADD1-70C1B541D613.jpegBD72C1C2-21D2-4365-A39B-CE20B8ECA820.jpegBD72C1C2-21D2-4365-A39B-CE20B8ECA820.jpeg
#149 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pick one. Ok, both!

I played both today and to my surprise GF was more fun to me, although it was compared to the Pro model. Maybe because I have owned many similar flow games to FF. May have to move money over from FFLE to GF, hard to decide!

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:I played both today and to my surprise GF was more fun to me, although it was compared to the Pro model. Maybe because I have owned many similar flow games to FF. May have to move money over from FFLE to GF, hard to decide!

You have almost chosen wisely

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,999.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hardware
Pinball Haven

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orinda, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Branson, MO
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-godfather-club-keep-it-in-the-family/page/3?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.