5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Did anyone watch Better Call Saul this week? There was a nice Getaway and they used EM sounds when it was being played. Quite funny.

#2 5 years ago

It's pretty common on TV shows to use chime sounds--I've seen it done several times for modern electronic games. Part of it is probably licensing, part of it is probably keeping things generic so that it's an easily recognizable sound.

#3 5 years ago

I have a close family friend that works for TLC as a producer of sorts. She mentions that they dub in EM chimes because it’s instantly recognizable, and doesn’t muddy the audio quality with distant sounding music.

#4 5 years ago

Yea I figured as much. Also thought the ZZ Top music might be an issue, still funny to see.

#5 5 years ago

Pretty recognizable as a pinball machine, I think you heard the game before you even saw it on the screen.

1 month later
    #7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

Did anyone watch Better Call Saul this week? There was a nice Getaway and they used EM sounds when it was being played. Quite funny.

You can also clearly hear the "tilt" sound sequence from a Bally SS with the early sound board (Lost World through Kiss used the same tilt sound IIRC). It plays at least twice.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I have a close family friend that works for TLC as a producer of sorts. She mentions that they dub in EM chimes because it’s instantly recognizable, and doesn’t muddy the audio quality with distant sounding music.

Is there really a licensing issue. You see games with diffetent art placed on it. Or the manufacturer is covered and so forth.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-with-em-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.