image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Batt_hold_4xAA_w_jmp_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 8 years ago

Ok, so then that makes my 2nd test black top right terminal and red bottom right terminal, instead of the way I just mentioned. Adios' 1st pic must be how the holder is wired internally.

#102 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Connector off batteries in holder

Just did the test on DC 20 volts and got nothing with connector off

#104 8 years ago

See the last picture what did you get?

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

image_(resized).jpg

Got 3.2

#106 8 years ago

The last picture.....

Quoted from Adios:See the last picture what did you get?

#107 8 years ago

Could be the way the internal wiring of holder is different than I assumed

#108 8 years ago

At first glance, I'm thinking that battery holder is wired completely wrong. Since he got 3.2v at those test points, it's probably only reading the 2 top batteries. Which would mean that negative would be at the left of the bottom battery and positive would be at the right of the top battery. How that 9v connector is attached would give you nothing.

#109 8 years ago

Has this ever worked? Or did you buy the machine like this?

#110 8 years ago

The pad that connects the wires to the battery holder may be bad .... ive seen that happen. Id clip the wires and solder them directly to the positive and negative of the battery holder to rule it out ....plus its a weak spot in the chain. Also there is probably a break i under the heat shrink that someone connected to that plug.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

At first glance, I'm thinking that battery holder is wired completely wrong. Since he got 3.2v at those test points, it's probably only reading the 2 top batteries. Which would mean that negative would be at the left of the bottom battery and positive would be at the right of the top battery. How that 9v connector is attached would give you nothing.

I was thinking the same thing..

#112 8 years ago

I'm thinking the battery holder is internally wired like this (crude ASCII drawing, dashed lines are where batteries would be)

+ ---------
>
---------
<
--------- current 9v connector
>
- --------- current 9v connector

(edit - drawing is not working as I had hoped)

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The pad that connects the wires to the battery holder may be bad .... ive seen that happen. Id clip the wires and solder them directly to the positive and negative of the battery holder to rule it out ....plus its a weak spot in the chain. Also there is probably a break i under the heat shrink that someone connected to that plug.

He said he had continuity from the board to pad terminals. It's the holder that's not adding up.

#114 8 years ago

When I bought the machine it has some issues so I left it in a shop to get those issues fixed. I told the guy to put the holder on the cabinet. That was 3 months ago

#115 8 years ago

Just order a new holder or ill send you one lol.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Do yoi think just buying a new holder will do the trick?

#117 8 years ago

Try this test if you can, just to verify what I'm thinking.

test_(resized).jpgtest_(resized).jpg

#118 8 years ago

So you guys think is just the holder?

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

He said he had continuity from the board to pad terminals. It's the holder that's not adding up.

O ok I helped in the beginning but skipped the middle of the thread lol.... easiest thing to do is get a new holder and solder the wires to the board at this point

#120 8 years ago

test_(resized).jpg

Black lead where? Red lead where?

#121 8 years ago

If the above test gives you 4.5v, the holder is fine and the person that installed it just wired it incorrectly.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Black lead where? Red lead where?

Black lead bottom left, red lead upper right.

#123 8 years ago

test_(resized).jpg

Got 4.6

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O ok I helped in the beginning but skipped the middle of the thread lol.... easiest thing to do is get a new holder and solder the wires to the board at this point

Lol..I'm feeling that too! It looks like he got some soldering to do no matter what.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

Lol..I'm feeling that too! It looks like he got some soldering to do no matter what.

Can I keep the same wires and just get a new holder?

#126 8 years ago

Yup. The person who installed it wired it wrong.

The black wire should go on the left of the bottom battery and the red to the right of the top battery.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can I keep the same wires and just get a new holder?

Yes if you would like, you can save this one like RobertWinter said. Or you can order a 3 battery holder and replace it if you feel you can't solder the wire.

#128 8 years ago

Yup. The person who installed it wired it wrong.
The black wire should go on the left of the bottom battery and the red to the right of the top battery.

But I thought it worked before this incident?

#129 8 years ago

Remove that 9v connector or just cut the red and black wires. Then solder them to the locations shown by the black and red arrows.

The yellow lines just show how the battery holder is internally wired.

fix_(resized).jpgfix_(resized).jpg

#130 8 years ago

If you have no soldering experience I would not recommend soldering the new holder to the board.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

If you have no soldering experience I would not recommend soldering the new holder to the board.

Agreed. But he could try to move those two wires on the holder.

#132 8 years ago

I use this one ... its enclosed, 3 battery and even has a on off switch. 20160330_015757.jpg20160330_015757.jpg20160330_015857.jpg20160330_015857.jpg

#133 8 years ago

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#134 8 years ago

Moving the two wires should fix the problem. Even with a new holder, there's soldering involved.

#135 8 years ago

Moving the two wires should fix the problem. Even with a new holder, there's soldering involved.

True.. He could always snip and attach new holder wire to wire before shrink wrap.. Depends on OP's skill and confidence level.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

So can I just buy the new holder?

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

True.. He could always snip and attach wire to wire before shrink wrap.. Depends on OP's skill and confidence level.

So how do i do this?

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So how do i do this?

Can you solder? Or have you ever soldered before?

#139 8 years ago

Yes but semi good, just decent

#140 8 years ago

Will a new holder fix this without soldering and keeping the same wires?

#141 8 years ago

Can you tell me which two wires I should move?

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Will a new holder fix this without soldering and keeping the same wires?

You still need to connect the wires together. Soldering the wires together and then heat shrinking over it would be best. You can use crimp on connectors as a last and desperate resort (if you aren't confident in soldering) but I wouldn't recommend it.

#143 8 years ago

Remove that 9v connector or just cut the red and black wires. Then solder them to the locations shown by the black and red arrows.
The yellow lines just show how the battery holder is internally wired.

fix_(resized).jpg

Where does the black go and the red go?

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can you tell me which two wires I should move?

He has them marked in the picture red arrow positive. black arrow negative. Post #129

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

You still need to connect the wires together. Soldering the wires together and then heat shrinking over it would be best. You can use crimp on connectors as a last and desperate resort (if you aren't confident in soldering) but I wouldn't recommend it.

Please tell me which wires. The wires going to the holder connnector? Where do I solder the black and where do i solder the red?

#146 8 years ago

See post #129

#147 8 years ago

So even with a new connector I have to solder the wires right?

But why? Are they wired incorrectly?

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So even with a new connector I have to solder the wires right?
But why? Are they wired incorrectly?

If you buy a new holder you have to solder the leads of the new holder to the wires that you cut to remove the old holder. Or you can cut out the 9v pad and wire the leads to the points that RobertWinter marked up in the picture. The choice is yours.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Adios:

If you buy a new holder you have to solder the leads of the new holder to the wires that you cut to remove the old holder. Or you can cut out the 9v pad and wire the leads to the points that RobertWinter marked up in the picture. The choice is yours.

But I don't have to cut any wires. The holder is screwed to the cabinet and its just a matter of removing the 9v pad.

Why do I have to solder anything? Can't I just use the existing wires and 9v pad?

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

But I don't have to cut any wires. The holder is screwed to the cabinet and its just a matter of removing the 9v pad.
Why do I have to solder anything? Can't I just use the existing wires and 9v pad?

If you can find a 3AA holder that's wired for 9v pad then you swap it out with cutting or soldering anything.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 316 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-resets-to-factory-settings/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.