New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 48503)

The Getaway ramp problem

By Willy39

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Willy39
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

My multi ball ramp does not go up. Down works but does nothing to pop up on my getaway. Any suggestions? Help? Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

Go into coil test first and see if that coil that lifts it, fires, if not start checking for broken wires at the lugs.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Is it the same coil used to push the ramp down? That works. I don't hear anything in the test when testing ramp going up, but down it fires. I guess if that's a different coil that prolly the issue. Tough location to check.

#4 7 years ago

Adventure time! Lift the playfield !

#5 7 years ago

It has to go up inorder to come down. A coil lifts the ramp up, a latch holds the ramp up. There is a small magnetic coil that releases the latch for the ramp to fall by gravity.

#6 7 years ago

I'm working on a friends Getaway and agree with the others about checking to make sure the obvious like wires ok and coils work. Most likely the switch back there needs some adjustment/fine tuning.

I compare pinball machines to old carb cars. Need a little fine tuning to work their best.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I compare pinball machines to old carb cars. Need a little fine tuning to work their best.

Glad to hear that! I've rebuilt hundreds of carburetors.

#8 7 years ago

There is only one switch involved with the ramp assembly. The switch tells the machine "the ramp has dropped, or the ramp is up." If this switch is not adjusted properly, you will have issues with the latch coil pulseing when it shouldnt be. If when in the down possition, the switch is not triggered, the machine will continue to pulse the latch coil even if the ramp has dropped. This switch is the only way the machine knows what possition the ramp is in.

#9 7 years ago

So it was just a wire that came off the coil. Easy enough. I guess the saying is true that it is not a pinball machine unless there's something to repair constantly!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside