Forum Topic

Forum » All Pinball » The Getaway price check? Common issues?

The Getaway price check? Common issues?

1
Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider.

By Winball_Pizard

3 years ago


Stats

  • Started 3 years ago
  • 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PinHog

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!


Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.


#1 3 years ago

Whats a fair price for one of these with no major issues? Is it a good game? It disappeared from the local arcade so I cant try it unfortunately.


#2 3 years ago

Just played one last night at a fellow pinsider. Great steve Ritchie game with a great story behind it. Somewhat simple but incredibly fun. Sounds are great, music event you get into the getaway is awesome. I would love to own one. Playfield seems to be trashed usually on all of them on the upper part


#3 3 years ago

Is 1800 a good price for these? Or is that to good?


#4 3 years ago
Whridlsoncestood said:

Just played one last night at a fellow pinsider. Great steve Ritchie game with a great story behind it. Somewhat simple but incredibly fun. Sounds are great, music event you get into the getaway is awesome. I would love to own one. Playfield seems to be trashed usually on all of them on the upper part

I have one and mine is the opposite. The playfield is really really nice, but the cabinet is 5/10. I like it alot, but you should only own this if you have other machines. It is not a deep machine, so maybe get this pin and a deep one.


#5 3 years ago
Rick471 said:

Whridlsoncestood said:Just played one last night at a fellow pinsider. Great steve Ritchie game with a great story behind it. Somewhat simple but incredibly fun. Sounds are great, music event you get into the getaway is awesome. I would love to own one. Playfield seems to be trashed usually on all of them on the upper part
I have one and mine is the opposite. The playfield is really really nice, but the cabinet is 5/10. I like it alot, but you should only own this if you have other machines. It is not a deep machine, so maybe get this pin and a deep one.

Same with mine, cab was pretty bad but field was flawless. I sold it for 1K.


#6 3 years ago

I'd think 1200-1500 if cabinet & playfield are very nice. Not sure if they made all of these with diamond plated playfield but might be why the playfield survives better than the cabinet. Seems that fading on the cabinet is pretty typical since the lettering is red and fades much faster. This is just from what I've seen of them out in the wild.. wouldn't mind having one some day.


#7 3 years ago

I just picked one up wednesday for the low teens its really nice. The seller gave me a good deal, I think anything in the 1.3-1.7k range is good for this machine.


#8 3 years ago

Good game, I agree if you have a small collection it can get a little old but it is fast and fun. $1200-1600 depending on condition would be fair.


#9 3 years ago

Oh and some common issues are the beacon and the supercharger, beacon sometimes is plugged in to the wrong header, I have seen this a lot and the supercharger can have acceleration problems, uses magnets to speed up the ball.


#10 3 years ago

It was my first pin and love it. It's not deep but always fun for a quick game. Easy and affordable DMD game as a first game.


#11 3 years ago

Typical issues;
Saucer wear - get a cliffy.
Rear ramp wear on the lift mechanism. I think Pinbits sells a replacement
Supercharger magnet and opto issues. Not difficult to repair.
Fun because it is so simple and fast. Great music. Fitting but easy video mode. Cab Fade. Not a good stand alone pin, though.


#12 3 years ago

Fun game. I thought I would grow tired of it quickly, but it has surprising staying power in my collection. The cabinet always fades and the rear ramp has a flap that often breaks (yes, pinbits makes a replacement).


#13 3 years ago

Just realized after re reading the title this is High Speed II. I was referring to the original High Speed!


#14 3 years ago

The supercharger sign was broken on mine but it was hard to spot. I think that happens often. Pinbits sells a steel reinforcement that will work whether it's broken or not, and it's not too expensive.

The ball eject (?) into the shooter lane screams for a Cliffy on mine. Same for the saucer. I think these are typical wear spots.

The left inlane/outlane divider may be broken. I've seen pictures of one that was broken, and I almost broke mine when disassembling the left slingshot.

The "outhole runway ball guide with baffle" was broken on mine. I don't know if that happens a lot - probably not.

I expect to have at least $2500 plus work in mine before I'm completely happy with it.


#15 3 years ago
Winball_Pizard said:

Is 1800 a good price for these? Or is that to good?

They range from $1600-2300 depending on quality.


#16 3 years ago
PinHog said:

The ball eject (?) into the shooter lane screams for a Cliffy on mine. Same for the saucer. I think these are typical wear spots.

But.... I do make those, so...


#17 3 years ago
markmon said:

They range from $1600-2300 depending on quality.

This estimate might seem high but it's correct - just ran 90 day sales data (eBay) and that's what they are getting bid up to.


#18 3 years ago
PinHog said:

The ball eject (?) into the shooter lane screams for a Cliffy on mine. Same for the saucer. I think these are typical wear spots.

Cliffy said:

But.... I do make those, so...

Yes, and they are excellent. I do have them, just didn't find the time to get the job done yet.



Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.