Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams_Flipper_Return_Frames-5.jpg
IMG_0539.JPG
!cid_1229111704.jpg
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Hi guys, I just picked up my third pin, The Getaway. I have been cleaning it up and fixing the few things that did not work properly. I am wondering if anyone that owns the game can check something for me. It has a piece that looks home made that I want to fix but I cant find any pictures to help me . Here is what I am looking at. Is that L shaped post factory or was there something else there at one time and if so what was it?

Thanks in advance
Skex

IMG_0544.JPGIMG_0544.JPG IMG_0543.JPGIMG_0543.JPG

#2 12 years ago
#3 12 years ago

the flat melat should extend to the L someone has made

!cid_1229111704.jpg!cid_1229111704.jpg

#4 12 years ago

biglaw is correct. The flat guidelane should extend all the way to the special insert for that side. The "L" shouldnt be there.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks biglaw. It just didnt look like a factory part. HHhhrrrmmm now where in the world will i find that?

#6 12 years ago

I tried looking through the manual for you, but I couldn't find it. Unless it's one of the "ball guide assemblies?" They had 8 or 9 sequential part numbers for those. A-15082, etc..

#7 12 years ago

sent you pinmail check with passionforpinball (cliffys) under new stuff tab believe they will make you one

#8 12 years ago

thanks for all of the help Biglaw! I will email them and see what they can do. while I am on the topic of my Getaway. What causes wear on just the inserts? It is like tiny chips just on some of the inserts. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. You can see it also in some of the previous pics.

IMG_0539.JPGIMG_0539.JPG

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

thanks for all of the help Biglaw! I will email them and see what they can do. while I am on the topic of my Getaway. What causes wear on just the inserts? It is like tiny chips just on some of the inserts. Here is a pic of what I am talking about. You can see it also in some of the previous pics.

Attachments IMG_0539.JPG (211.3 KB, 0 downloads) 15 minutes old

Inserts raise and are no longer flush with the PF surface, so the clear on them will chip from the ball. Plastic inserts do not have the same shrinking/expanding properties of wood.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

thanks for all of the help Biglaw! I will email them and see what they can do.

Not a them, just a me
I make flipper return frames to replace the A-8108 right and left and B-8239 which may be the one you need. I would need to see the entire frame or you can compare your to what's on my site in the see what's new section. www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#11 12 years ago

sorry cliffy just me not them. know you always do a great job on cliffy protectors and the metal parts

#12 12 years ago

Cliff is a great asset to the community; you're in good hands. Reminds me I owe him some measurements for my HS2! Thanks again Cliff.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

sorry cliffy just me not them. know you always do a great job on cliffy protectors and the metal parts

No sorries, Allen! Thanks for the encouragement and happy new year!

#14 12 years ago

Ok so Boosted hasn't replied back here with pics of the whole frame yet so I looked through some parts catalog pics and here's the page with Getaway frames. You part number is A-15456-2 which appears to be the entire assembly, not just the one frame. My B-8239 looks nearly identical with two exceptions; an extra hole near the upper tip (where yours is snapped off) and a bigger hole for a lamp. If you send me your frame I'll line it up over one of mine and drill the holes for you.

Williams_Flipper_Return_Frames-5.jpgWilliams_Flipper_Return_Frames-5.jpg

1 year later
#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Ok so Boosted hasn't replied back here with pics of the whole frame yet so I looked through some parts catalog pics and here's the page with Getaway frames.

Are those parts catalogs online somewhere? Could really use some backup drawings now that my Getaway is in 1000 pieces...

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

Are those parts catalogs online somewhere? Could really use some backup drawings now that my Getaway is in 1000 pieces...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-owners-please-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.