IMG_0483.JPG
20140119_204610.jpg
20140119_204602.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0448.JPG
DSCN0311.JPG
Getaway_Mtn.png
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

We are happy to announce that the prototypes are done and production has begun on the official Getaway mountain! This is made from an original and is a licensed product approved by WMS.

You can see pics of the what we've been working on and get more info here: www.pinballtoys.com

The first ones will be available for purchase at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show. The website will be updated with pricing info and be ready for taking orders right after the show.

We are excited and happy to bring this much-requested part to the pinball community!

#2 10 years ago

Awesome news! I can't wait to get one.

#3 10 years ago

Very awesome! e-mail sent as I won't be able to make the show.

#4 10 years ago

Sweet!

#5 10 years ago

always love to hear repros for any pinball being made, even if I don't own it. I'm curious who you approach for licensing and what it costs?

#6 10 years ago

Very cool, I'll be ordering one if it isn't cost prohibitive. Been too lazy to take apart my supercharger and replace the middle magnet, and this will give me a little more incentive.

Quoted from ozuba:

Very awesome! e-mail sent as I won't be able to make the show.

Why would someone give this a thumbs down?

#7 10 years ago

Awesome. Are these going to be mass produceded or will they be a limited run?

#8 10 years ago

They are all hand-made so they are very time and labor intensive. We plan to have 50 ready for the NWPAS. We will make them as fast as we can but we all have jobs and families so we don't know how many we'll be able to produce each month just yet. The brown ones take more than twice as long as the grey to complete.

We hope to have two Getaway machines side by side at the show with the different colors installed so people can see it in a game in person.

Thanks for your interest!

#9 10 years ago

How about maybe selling an unpainted version for less money ?

#10 10 years ago

Sweeeeet

#11 10 years ago

I want one!

#12 10 years ago

Great idea salvaging this forgotten part of the machine. If there are any brown ones left after the show, I'll be ordering one.

#13 10 years ago

Email sent. Get me on the list. Awesome!

#14 10 years ago

This looks very nice and if I had a HS2 I would definitely be ordering one for it.

#15 10 years ago

I want to get my Matchbox cars I had when I was a kid and drive them through this mountain! Cool!

#16 10 years ago

Hi all, as the Getaway Mountain runs will be extremely limited if you want one please send an email ASAP to pinballtoys@gmail to get on the wait list queue if you have not done so already.

Please refer to the information on the pinballtoys.com Getaway Mountain page for all the details.

Product pricing and additional information will be released in the next couple of days.

I also suggest Liking us on Facebook for announcements and updates.

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#17 10 years ago

Any updates?

#18 10 years ago

My review copied from the original thread--for whatever this is worth...

Billy16

I just installed my mountain. Here is my take on it. Overall this was very well done--nice work Pinballtoys! Mine was dark brown with a dark grey entrance surround topped with silvery snow. I read about this color combo somewhere online and thought that might be just the perfect way to do this. Sounds a little goofy, but it really looks spiffy (especially the snow) next to the chrome supercharger. Nice job on the painting--which all looks to be done by hand. The instructions that came with the mountain were detailed, the fit turned out to be tight but good. It makes that top corner of the game a little darker, which is my only real comment on the down side. I'm thinking of making a clear lexan cover over the mountain to let some more light in--we'll see how that works/looks. On the plus side it is very cool to see the tunnel shot actually disappear into the mountain (like it was originally designed to), and it looks great when the flashing supercharger lights bounce off the mountain. Is it worth the money? Maybe not, but what pinball mod is worth what we pay for them? I can imagine the production & licensing costs for what will most likely be a low production run were pretty stiff. Bottom line--this toy really adds to the look of the game--I'd say if you plan on keeping your Getaway, I would add this mountain to it. I think you will like it.

#19 10 years ago

My review copied from the original thread--for whatever this is worth...

Billy16

I just installed my mountain.

Post a Pict-- I want to see it on yr Pin !!

My Getaway will NEVER Leave ,, but that Mtn mod -- ( No ) To each their Own ...

Getaway_Mtn.pngGetaway_Mtn.png

#20 10 years ago

I'll try and get you a shot tomorrow, it looks a lot better than it photographs. The stoplite does seem disproportionate, I have to think if the mountain was not canned the stoplite would have looked different...

#21 10 years ago

I think it looks cool but am still on the fence.

#22 10 years ago

Here is what it looks like.

DSCN0311.JPGDSCN0311.JPG

#23 10 years ago

mod is very easy to install and looks like it should be there. thanks for making it!!!

#24 10 years ago

I installed mine last night. Looks great. Will be adding a spotlight on it to brighten it up.

Carey

#25 10 years ago

wow, looks real cool!!!!

#26 10 years ago

Can someone post a picture from the players point of view? I am only seeing close-ups of the mountain and am not feeling it. So wanted to see how it looked from further away.

#27 10 years ago

Check this out, BoJo

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Check this out, BoJo
» YouTube video

Thank you sir. Just what I was looking for.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I installed mine last night. Looks great. Will be adding a spotlight on it to brighten it up.
Carey

Can you elaborate a bit... more specifically... are there spotlight kits that I can buy to add lighting?

2 months later
#30 10 years ago

Any word on another run?

4 weeks later
#31 10 years ago

I was supposedly on the list from about day 1 got a "we'll be delivering soon" response...and now about 2 months later, I get no email responses from these guys.

Anybody have an update on the Getaway mountain?

Thanks.

Robert

#32 10 years ago

Hi Robert, sorry for the delay, we really wanted to have them all shipped by now. We've encountered delay after delay due to technical issues, equipment issues, personal issues etc...but they are coming along.

We are still working on them, all weekend, every weekend and most workday evenings. We really appreciate the support from the community, I cannot understate this enough! The mountains are just VERY labor intensive to make, much more so than I imagined. The mountains are currently in the final trim stage. Next we test fit each one of them on the game and then they get painted and clear coated. I'm expecting the remaining processes to take about 2-3 weeks.

We are doing our best to start shipping the week of or the week after Expo. We should also have a larger quantity to ship in this batch.

Thank you for the support and kind words about the mountain everyone, and again, my apologies for the delay.

-Chris

#33 10 years ago

Chris:

Great, thanks for the response.

Robert

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

The mountains are just VERY labor intensive to make, much more so than I imagined.

Somewhere, a Williams cost-cutting accountant is finally vindicated.

Do you think you'll be able to meet the demand? I got on the list a couple months ago and have been checking this thread and the other one ever since.

#35 10 years ago

No kidding!

We're sure trying to meet the demand. Just a matter of how long it'll take to get all the mountains cranked out...

#36 10 years ago

IMG_0448.JPGIMG_0448.JPGThe Mountain is very cool!

#37 10 years ago

omg this looks so bad, but i'm sure people will buy them up. some people will stick anything on a machine.

i appreciate the effort to make something someone wants though. i think that's cool.

#38 10 years ago

These mountains were originally supposed to be in the production games, but were part of the cost cutting effort. This is not some crappy mod, they started with the Original Williams tooling and produced them. I thin t looks decent. I own the game and will not rush to put one in, but may go for one at a later time.

Quoted from deeznuts:omg this looks so bad, but i'm sure people will buy them up. some people will stick anything on a machine.

#39 10 years ago

You really need to see one in person before making a definitive decision, they really do look nice on the machine--way nicer than the hokey "mountain" screened on the plastic. I took that off and cut out a clear Lexan replacement to get rid of it.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

These mountains were originally supposed to be in the production games, but were part of the cost cutting effort. This is not some crappy mod, they started with the Original Williams tooling and produced them. I thin t looks decent. I own the game and will not rush to put one in, but may go for one at a later time.

I'm aware of the history. People have been trying this for years. Honestly, it looks like a giant turd. Maybe pair up with matt at back alley and see what he can come up with.

Efforts toward a new alternative translite and speaker grill would make more sense.

#41 10 years ago

Hopefully I'm still on the list for the missing Mtn Mod. They look great, very tasteful and fills that gap on the playfield.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Hopefully I'm still on the list for the missing Mtn Mod. They look great, very tasteful and fills that gap on the playfield.

After having installed one on my machine, I very much agree.

#43 10 years ago

I have one installed and think it is great to be able to have the same mountain that was proposed by the Getaway team but shot down due to costs. Thanks Chris. Getaway owners never thought one would be available. Those that do not like won't add it.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from deeznuts:

I'm aware of the history. People have been trying this for years. Honestly, it looks like a giant turd. Maybe pair up with matt at back alley and see what he can come up with.
Efforts toward a new alternative translite and speaker grill would make more sense.

I cant wait to get one, i think it looks great! Ive never heard of anyone complain about the translight or DMD panel before? I wouldnt dream of changing the classic artwork!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

The Mountain is very cool!

IMG_0448.JPG 768 KB

Hey, look at that Donut Heaven! You now have the first complete game. Remember you have the first production run, serial number 001. Good thing you don't have to wait for a software update. Sorry, had to plug it.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Hey, look at that Donut Heaven! You now have the first complete game. Remember you have the first production run, serial number 001.

Wow, I never thought of that--but that is cool! That has to be worth a ka-billion karma points!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Wow, I never thought of that--but that is cool! That has to be worth a ka-billion karma points!

If I remember correctly you've also got production serial 001 of the mountain too! Ka-billion +1

#48 10 years ago

Saw these at the Seattle Show earlier this year. You guys are doing a great job on them, they look fantastic!!

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

If I remember correctly you've also got production serial 001 of the mountain too! Ka-billion +1

Woah, how did that happen? Most Excellent!

#50 10 years ago

I am sending Steve Ritchie one. Maybe he will agree to sign yours later

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-mountain-is-coming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.