• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

159244408815646903466300144010 (resized).jpg
15924439024676771118259617253372 (resized).jpg
15924439024676771118259617253372 (resized).jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Coils are correct, probably factory as you said. Hard to say if they've ever been rebuilt. Probably worth considering doing, though.

One other question: what do your cabinet flipper button switches look like? Are they opto boards or leaf switches? My Getaway has leaf switches and i had to replace them due to intermittently weak or dead flippers. It's important to note that if they're cabinet flipper leaf switches, they use *gold* contacts (designed to handle lower voltages efficiently)...unlike most other games that have flippers that use high-voltage tungsten contacts on the cabinet flipper switches (designed for 50+ volts).

#52 3 years ago

Good info, I'll check mine later and let you know. Thanks again.

3 weeks later
#53 3 years ago
Quoted from RobC:

Good info, I'll check mine later and let you know. Thanks again.

I rebuilt the flipper with a kit from pinballlife, and it made no difference. I'll look into cleaning or replacing the leaf switches next, I guess.

#54 3 years ago

I would check the eos switch gap. If too tight, it will cut power to coil early in the stroke.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I would check the eos switch gap. If too tight, it will cut power to coil early in the stroke.

Good to know. This is my first flipper rebuild, what's the best way to measure the correct gap?

#56 3 years ago

The Getaway that I had I did install the hotter 17636 coils on the lower flippers. There are no plastic ramps on this game and I never had anything break with the stronger flippers. I could make the super charger ramp most of the time from the left flipper too.

1 week later
#57 3 years ago

So, just to update - I played with the flipper angle, waxed the playfield, and I can now make the freeway ramp at least half the time with the lower right flipper so the game is definitely playable again. I think it was more the flipper angle than anything that was off, but the flipper rebuild helped I am sure since all the parts appeared to be original. Thanks for the tips!

2 weeks later
#58 3 years ago

What firmware are you using? With L2 both Right flippers (U&L) activate at the same time where as in L5 they do not. I tried L5 on mine and didn't see a difference, but I also had a dirty sleeve causing my problems. Curious if both flippers simultaneously triggering could weaken the shot.

#59 3 years ago

I am running L2. The game is very playable now so I'm not unhappy. Great to share ideas here, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-making-the-back-loop-shot-up-the-ramp/page/2?hl=robc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.