You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_010.JPG
HS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_020.JPG
HS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_019.JPG
#1 11 years ago

So, I'm playing a few games on the weekend and after about 15 minutes, thunk... Supercharger diverter is sitting on the playfield.

I, of course, removed the glass and the offending diverter and noticed that it looks as though the rivets just simply gave way. I was able to find one of the rivet backings, but not the other.

What in the name of all that is holy will I need to do to fix this? I'm an an enthusiast, at best, and I certainly don't own a rivet gun.

Can any of you pinball gurus offer a newbie some advice on how to proceed?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Greg

#2 11 years ago

I just picked up one of these machines this past week. Depending on where these rivets are located, you might be able to use very small screws in place of them. If they are on the face of the diverter (like where the ball might ride against, or where a protruding nut or screw head would hammper the diverter opening and closeing), you'll have not other option but to re-attatch the peice useing rivets again. I'll look at mine tonight and investigate to see which ones you might be referring to. If they do need to be riveted again, its just a matter of useing the right size rivet and having a rivet gun. Its a pretty easy process.

#3 11 years ago

And try and find all of the broken peices of rivets, they could potentially get stuck somewhere in the playfield or fall down into the lower cabinet and cause other problems for you.

#4 11 years ago

Alright, upon inspection it looks like the rivets are counter sunk. It might be possible to get a flat head screw to sit below the face of the diverter. I would use a stainless steal allen key drive screw, and a nylock nut or some other type of locking nut. It looks like a nut sticking out the back of the pivoting post which the scoop is mounted to, wouldn't cause any issues but youd have to make sure. It really should be riveted back on but if you don't have or want to buy a rivet gun, it might be worth the trouble just to see if you could get a small screw to work. Again though I would make sure the head of the screw sits below the face of the scoop.

#5 11 years ago

I read about someone have screws in their diverter ramp and the screws slowed the ball down through the S/C. Hopefully you can find something that will work but if not, I had my buddy weld mine and bought a spare from Austrailia. The welded one was supposed to be a temporary fix, but he did a good job and its been holding for a hundred plays or so.

#6 11 years ago

Altan explains his issue about the screws slowing down the ball here:

http://www.aaarpinball.com/Getaway/getaway.htm

#7 11 years ago

Hey thanks for the link, it shows some good bits of info here and there.

Yea thats why i suggested only to use screws if you can set the heads below the face of the scoop. I wouldnt suggest leaving them stick out like that for obvious reasons.

#8 11 years ago

When me and Shanetastic was Shop'n out my HS2 , I noticed 1 of the 2 Diverter Rivot's was loose on the diverter , We drilled it out and I Do have a Rivot gun , We added another Rivot . Wha Laa !!

While you have the Super Charger off , Replace the coil sleve and Polish the shaft for the diverter mechanism .. And Polish the S.Charger w/ Mothers ,, use some Old rags .. And watch the Black mess appear .

HS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_019.JPGHS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_019.JPG HS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_020.JPGHS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_020.JPG HS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_010.JPGHS2_Shop_d_-_No_Led_s_010.JPG

#9 11 years ago

Nice. I have yet to get to some of the coils in mine. The previous ower rebuilt all flippers and slings shots so they are ok. Everything is working fine but im sure those other coils are dirty. Once in a great while my diverter is late on switching back so the ball will fall onto the playfield or back down the ramp, its rare though.

I think the playfield could also use a good waxing. I have come chipping around the inserts which looks to me like the clear coat over the inserts is chipping. I plan to get to that when im ready to shut it down for a week or so. My plan is to use minwax, i know its soft but given the areas are so small it shouldnt be an issue. I dont like the suggested idea of useing super glue.

#10 11 years ago

looks like you could use a tapered screw head, so it sits flush with the diverter.

#11 11 years ago

Go to Lowes and get you a Rivot Gun and an assortment of rivots and Do the Job rite ..

Screw the Screws .. That's what i call Afro Engineering

#12 11 years ago

Thats why i suggested a flat head screw.

I dont think its a bad idea if i would except a screw, it will hold up a lot longer than a rivot would.

Today im repairing my DMD, i have the very bottom row out which has been repaired successfully, now i have the very right three colums to do. Oh boy is it an intricate job.., im doing good so far though.

#13 11 years ago

B_R has great advice about the rivet gun and the cleaning the S/C while apart is a great thing since you have to take it all out anyway.

#14 11 years ago

No dice on the DMD repair, i had all damaged lines repaired but lost the connection at some point. I think maybe if i had a better "windshield repair kit" it might have worked out. The only one i could find was had the activator chemical on a pad which was just impractical. Im going to try what i think is a more sure way of fixing it by drilling into the side to get to the trace.

Anyways, hopefully this guy got his diverter fixed and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 72.50
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-hsii-supercharger-diverter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.