20150902_193533.jpg
20150902_193148.jpg
20150902_192718.jpg
20150902_191255.jpg
20150902_192537.jpg
20150902_192636.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hello,

we have this Pinball since a long time, it worked fine for quite a while, but we already bought it used and restored from some shop or similar (I was too young back then)

Well now though, after a long time of this Error ruining it, I want to go and fix it..
It seems to be harder than thought tho.

What I heard is, go to the switch test and check.
I did, it seems all the switches recognize when a ball is in the low area (I don't know the right words for it).

So if the switches (seem) to be alright, what else can it be?
We have 3 balls so it should be fine.

Checking wires and solders didn't help too much, I saw a wire pretty flattened from pressure probably, but with the Voltmeter it showed to have a connection.

I am obviously new to it, so any help would be really appreciated, such a shame if this "little" problem will prevent the pinball to work forever..

Greetings from Germany

#2 8 years ago

One of the switches in the ball trough either needs adjusting or replacing.

#3 8 years ago

But wouldn't it show false in the switch test if the switch had a problem?
Doesn't seem exactly logical to me :/
Thanks for the quick response tho.

I will check again, maybe more ideas what it can be?

#4 8 years ago

The switch could be fine but might need adjusting. I had the same issue and in switch test the switch worked fine when I activated it with my finger but when I used a ball and dropped it in the trough the switch wouldn't register. I adjusted the actuator and the switch worked fine.

#5 8 years ago

Alright, I went through it really precisely again and I am certain that it's not the problem..

There must be other things that cause it?

The manual itself also only says it could be because of ball through switches or the ball shooter switch..
I am certain that they show contact when a ball is over them..

Any other ideas?

#6 8 years ago

The Getaway is a 4 ball game. If you only have 3 balls then that is probably your problem.

#7 8 years ago

Are you sure? I wondered the same when I looked into settings and the standard setting is 4 ball multiball.
My dad said he was sure it has only 3 balls though..

Also, wouldn't the problem be gone if I switch the multiball setting to 3 then? cause I did and it didn't help :S
The manual also says the pinball can be operated with 1 or 2 balls as well..

Thank you for your answer

#8 8 years ago

Getaway is a 3 ball game. You should be able to sort out if the switches are working in the switch test.

#9 8 years ago

Well like I said, the switches all seem to work properly in the switch test (also if balls are used).
There must be some other things that can make this problem occur?

#10 8 years ago

Sorry for the doublepost..
but this gets probably worse now?

It tells me about a problem with the Shifter High, which is Coloumn 4 I think.
Sometimes it also tells me about an entire Mass Short in Column (or Row? 4)
So could this be a loose connection?
When it doesn't say Row 4 short, I can use the Shifter High in the Test Menu, otherwise not...

How do people proceed with stuff like this? It tells me which colour the wire has, White Yellow.. but I can't really make a lot with that..

Would pictures help something? Getting really frustrated now :S
With all the Switch Matrix stuff and ugh :S

EDIT: It also seems to have memory problems?
When I change and save settings, turn off and on, everything is reset..

This probably was before too, I just didn't realize

#11 8 years ago

I'm not experienced with those kind of problems but I would start checking all the connectors. Reseat them and check for any that look burnt. It wouldn't hurt to check fuses either.

#12 8 years ago

How's that CPU board looking, any battery acid damage? Sounds like things are starting to flake out. First a few switches, then some more, now memory problems? Look around the battery holder and see if anything looks corroded.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Getaway is a 3 ball game

Shit, your right. My bad.

#14 8 years ago

Alright, I have about one year electrician apprentice experience (not much I know) but as far as I can tell, everything in the backbox looks quite decent, if anything a bit dusty. Fuses don't seem blown and batterys also look good (still give me 1.31V when 1.5V is wanted.)
20150902_191255.jpg20150902_191255.jpg
If anybody has a better eye, also, the connector on the left is for the Knocker, which was just disconnected cause it was too loud for our taste^^

20150902_192537.jpg20150902_192537.jpg
Down here I haven't found any disconnected wires, it looks more dusty or with oil or some other black stuff which gets on my fingers..but a relatively detailed look from me didn't help.
Except for these:

20150902_192636.jpg20150902_192636.jpg
20150902_192718.jpg20150902_192718.jpg
Would you guys think to use new wires here? They look quite done..but a connectivity test showed it should work (tested while they were still connected, not sure if it would also beep cause it can around a different way? Didn't think so though).

20150902_193148.jpg20150902_193148.jpg
This is what the Switch Edge test shows, the closed ones on the right are all Opto Switches which afaik have to be closed, the one in the middle even says "always closed" so I guess that is alright.

One switch seems to be for the ramps (also one on the right) not sure if that is also a Opto, or if it's really a false switch?

20150902_193533.jpg20150902_193533.jpg
This is how it looked when I had the Row Short.
But this time I got it through pressing a "switch" on the playfield, just to show, meaning, the row Short issue didn't appear this time.

Also, it seems the memory issue has been resolved?! Switched some stuff around again, turned off and on, several times. And it seems to have saved it.
Not sure how long, or why..but well?

The only Error it gives me on the start now is, "Shifter Error", which is still quite interesting, since the Shifter is also in the Row that was said shorted, otherwise, in the Switch test, the Shifter works perfectly fine?

So I'm back at the start I guess, the Ball Missing Error is still the main problem.

Maybe somebody got some ideas from the picutres or anything :S

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-hs-2-ball-missing-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.