Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KornFreak28
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I own a Getaway pin and I have 2 mods in it. Police lights and donut heaven mods from mezel mods.

I wish to get a color DMD for my machine. Can I run my mods with the color DMD? The police lights are currently plugged into the triac board, the one that controls the beacon light. The donut heaven mod is connected to a flasher with alligator clips. Are these mods powered by the unregulated 12V power supply? Can I run my mods with the color dmd?

Anybody out there done this before? Any issues? Thanks

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The police lights are currently plugged into the triac board, the one that controls the beacon light.

This runs off of 48 volts AC.

Quoted from KornFreak28:The donut heaven mod is connected to a flasher with alligator clips.

This runs off of 20 volts.

Quoted from KornFreak28:Are these mods powered by the unregulated 12V power supply?

No.

Quoted from KornFreak28:Can I run my mods with the color dmd?

Yes.

Quoted from KornFreak28:Anybody out there done this before?

I don't know. I can't afford a color DMD yet.

#3 3 years ago

Yes, I had the same thing plus the police car mod. It is no problem to also run the colorDMD.

#4 3 years ago

Grumpy and iceman! Thanks guys!!! I can now purchase the dmd with confidence! You guys are awesome! About the SC clean up: Barely started on it today. Will continue tomorrow. Come back to thread please. Thanks!!!

#5 3 years ago

What about Hooked's Tachometer mod? Would it be possible anywhere on a Getaway ?

image_(resized).png

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

What about Hooked's Tachometer mod? Would it be possible anywhere on a Getaway ?

Currently it was mentioned in passing that only one person has ever tried to install this mod on a Getaway.
I have no idea what switches were used for activation, and Robert lost contact with the individual to whom he sold it and had no idea the ultimate outcome.

I know that I have the modification and used it in my MET Monster Premium tied to the spinners, but had to do an independent "green board" PCB for diode control to prevent false positives from occurring due to feedback in the switch matrix.

I know of no one else that has used this modification in this fashion.
I have no idea if the mod has been used in any other games other than NASCAR and Mustang for personal use.

If you are not familiar with basic electronics, switch matrixes, and how they operate, it may be difficult.
Switches are wired in series both via rows and columns and signals can easily get "crossed".
This was actually somewhat of a big PITA as I had to use a logic probe and monitor the switch matrix to figure out what were the real culprit switches as it was not readily apparent what the problems were initially.
It was not a simple "plug and play".
Power is the easy part, 12V tap.

Robert has not redone this mod for Getaway, as he does not own the machine.

#7 3 years ago

Well thank you sir. It seemed like a natural fit for Getaway too but looks can be deceiving as you pointed out

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well thank you sir. It seemed like a natural fit for Getaway too but looks can be deceiving as you pointed out

I stated the same point to Robert.
It is a natural fit, if it could be tied to the direct switch flipper buttons EOS for the motor "revving" on the PF RPM.
"Reengineering" would be required.
It certainly is possible to do, if someone apples the electrical engineering.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

image_(resized).png

That would be cool!

#10 3 years ago

I wish somebody would come back out with the mountain mod for HS2

#11 3 years ago

Hey
I think I'm the guy who posted some times ago on How to plug it. The power was coming from a switch bit can't remember which one.
At the end, I wasn't able to figured it out perfectly and sold the game for other reasons.

This Tach is made for the game. It needs it

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Mezel mods?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Contact Chris Wright.
He might still have some "extras" left.

#14 3 years ago

See thread titled video series : designing and building a new mod. Kyle 5574 made a tach work with getaway but only for his game and not for sale. The thread explain the large amount of work he did to make it work. He also posted video of his mod on the getaway club thread. Nice work.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Currently it was mentioned in passing that only one person has ever tried to install this mod on a Getaway.
I have no idea what switches were used for activation, and Robert lost contact with the individual to whom he sold it and had no idea the ultimate outcome.
I know that I have the modification and used it in my MET Monster Premium tied to the spinners, but had to do an independent "green board" PCB for diode control to prevent false positives from occurring due to feedback in the switch matrix.
I know of no one else that has used this modification in this fashion.
I have no idea if the mod has been used in any other games other than NASCAR and Mustang for personal use.
If you are not familiar with basic electronics, switch matrixes, and how they operate, it may be difficult.
Switches are wired in series both via rows and columns and signals can easily get "crossed".
This was actually somewhat of a big PITA as I had to use a logic probe and monitor the switch matrix to figure out what were the real culprit switches as it was not readily apparent what the problems were initially.
It was not a simple "plug and play".
Power is the easy part, 12V tap.
Robert has not redone this mod for Getaway, as he does not own the machine.

Black knight, see above post.

#16 3 years ago

Its not easy

1 week later
#17 3 years ago

I'm looking into doing the Mountain mod- is there interest out there?

#18 3 years ago

Yes me!!!!

#19 3 years ago

You know I would buy one (I'm the guy who emailed you last night about it).

#20 3 years ago

plus +1

#21 3 years ago

How about making mods for Star Wars Data East?

2 months later
#22 3 years ago

Mountain mod yes!

#23 3 years ago

Yes to the mountain mod.

#24 3 years ago

mountain mod needs done

#25 3 years ago

The HSII "Mountain Mod" was Bally licensed via PPS, so this could be round two.
The last of the "seconds" sold late 2015, if I remember correctly.
Around 100 or so were made.

The original mold cast from the prototype mountain eventually bit the dust.
It would be very feasible to do so again from the original designer, if he is willing, through contact.
I do not recall if PPS/BAA ever sold the mod directly, as most of the purchasers bought off Etsy or direct from the designer.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

I'm looking into doing the Mountain mod- is there interest out there?

Yep!

#27 3 years ago

Damn, keep forgetting about the mountain, I've had it stuffed away in the closet ever since it arrived nearly 3 years ago

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

Damn, keep forgetting about the mountain, I've had it stuffed away in the closet ever since it arrived nearly 3 years ago

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hackettstown, NJ
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
$ 279.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside