Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by uphamj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I pulled out and setup the getaway today, its been put away for awhile ( wife's favorite game, AKA she calls it her pin). It does need some TLC, but figured we could get a few games in. I powered up the machine and all looked good, GI and controlled lights doing their thing, DMD working for the most part. I went to start a new game and no ball came out, that's interesting I thought, flippers are working, I opened the coin door and manually flipped a ball out to see what else is not working, hit the shifter and it would not launch the ball. At this point the glass is coming off, I took the ball out and the game did see the ball leave the shooter lane, that is good and in a few minutes it starts searching for the ball, I drop the ball back in and let it drain, hmmm it did not put ball back, I also tried the pop bumpers and they did not work either. Long story short I check fuses and voltages and they seem fine. After some fiddling with connectors on the boards everything starts to work per say. The solenoids work but now the controlled lights stopped, the DMD is getting all messed up and I am loosing sound. A little more messing with connectors and lights are back, but solenoids are not working again. I am guessing I am fighting bad connectors and its time to pull the boards clean them up and put new headers and pins on everything is my guess.

Am I on the right though process, this is something I was planning on doing anyway since it has the burnt connectors for the GI.

#2 3 years ago

Battery corrosion?

#3 3 years ago

Potentially issues with the switch matrix, or the row/column driver chips if they are still original. I don't remember the chip numbers at the top of my head, it may be the u19, u20, u21 chips if the switch matrix is having issues.

You could also have some cold solder joints that need to be reflowed.

I would start by doing switch tests and seeing if there is anything suspicious with the switch matrix. If there is, I would test the switch matrix on the board itself by disconnecting the playfield and just running a wire across the rows and columns pins. This would tell you if the problem is on the board or the playfield.

This is a start, hopefully your game won't need too much work and troubleshooting.

#4 3 years ago

Just a heads up I reseated more connectors/ribbon cables on the boards tonight, I must have gotten everything just right as everything is working perfectly right now. I need to shop this pin and fix a few things. I have ordered some new molex connectors and head pins. I plan on removing the boards one at a time and give them a good inspection. The wife is happy now and has kicked my butt in several games. I think I have my name on the high score once and its her goal to make sure its not there anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 20.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-and-random-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.