IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Hello All,

Just started re doing my second Genesis. The first came out really nice. I put in the new clear ramps and replaced the 4 89 flasher bulbs with the flat led panel, so the bulbs sit flush with the pf. They are purple/violet bulbs. Really ads a nice effect when the ball goes up one of the ramps or is locked in. The strobing effect with the zapping sound threw the clear ramps, really pops. Feels like you are watching a Jacobs later.
These are the only LEDs on this one so far.

http://email.photobucket.com/wf/click?upn=71gpQnDR9yiZ1TWxBLkRoh7HST7pQbe6VYv7e7SuGBYNZfCJZYy51IpiRUAd7WjSdkjqqfgh-2BbcTyfx4if-2FF-2BhWV1n6TrH49FZkfMiCAub9FZTl8I-2Bja0rxJRsR1ybCN2zezAT0EguswRtwdPCLp8GsU5sFZKw2dsvT1jwNfNvq3vajG2OL643gPvFyww-2BZv_imXJ2M-2FICt1nz6Y9UWH3fWpElHsjwnZa89tpV1J2uO-2FXXj9IJdM8boF1Tx7-2B4wdBo-2FOQX8xDRdXhOzA1Hj8Axw5-2BDCWlwG7hB4dPX9hNTTbxA309QMupxkmLbqJiGT6MktxGpiR9qWGeFRKaIA7jd4HxlCqk6CRifJfrrdiZDK8tL9dmshAT4FUJQXryg2vV2YKLVpUCijSXPwJ5nIXJtGSTF8NnK0tOvV8Ywdz07L7GDzekgGAdk3AkVgfzFJks

The second one I am still working on, and picked up a hand full of blue, green and purple led 47 bulbs. I like the look.

Definitely a fun pin. The pace of the music and sounds work well with the flow of the bulb.

RJ

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#13 7 years ago

Just found one close up of the 89 led flasher installed on the left ramp. I originally had white ones in and went to the violet color to go with the purple I had on the pf and to offset the clear ramps.

Since they are flush with the play field surface, even with the new clear ramps, the new violet/ led 89 flashers work out really nice and do not distract from playing the game, since the light is not directly in your eyes. I also added a blue led to the upper left corner. TnT amusement had one on there's in there U Tube video and I liked the look.

RJ

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from martimagico:

I'm in. Just bought mine this weekend. Unfortunately my robot won't reveal. I'll post pix in the next week or so!

I have one robot setup that the gears move really smooth and the other is tight. I have to rember to, once a year oil the tight one, with sewing machine oil. Tried loosening things up... No luck. Dose not bind just hard to turn.

RJ

#15 7 years ago

here are two pics of the 2nd Genesis. Completed led's and a close up of one of the 89 Led violet flasher bulbs. The Orignal white led's were to intense. And the incandescent blinded you, since they stuck out over the PF. And the installed Cliffy Ramp protectors. A must for the new ramps.

RJ

2 months later
#43 6 years ago

The last Genesis I picked up was so worn out. The operator never did anything. Was looking threw the web and came across some pictures of a Genesis that the owner added posts with colored sleeves to the hard hit areas. After seeing all of the bent metal post in the game. I decided to replace them with full metal post and full rubber sleeves.

I had to use pal nuts in a few of the places since the posts came close to other metal objects under the play field. On those I used lock tight.

RJ

1 week later
#45 6 years ago

Nice pick up
Correct on no pdf's

Very fun game looks sweet with Led's and clear ramps

Ebay has 2 manuals up for sale.

RJ

1 month later
#65 6 years ago

I had the same issue with my vary target were it would not reset after being hit way back to 40K. I had to add a few more twists on to the spring. That made a big difference.
It will try and unravel on you.
It also could be a weak spring by the coil itself. Had to cut a few springs first time around on the drop targets to get them to work right, before the replacements came in.
RJ

#66 6 years ago

As far as activates only when you press on it by hand.

Turn the game off, unplug the assembly. Remove it, comes out very easily you do not have to remove the target,and operate the target by hand. clip onto to the wires that lead to each contact using alligator clips, and set your multi meter to ohms/Tone. Move the target to other score point contacts then to the one with a issue. Release it each time and watch the return motion. Since you are clipped in you can move contacts, solder pins,wires arond till you find what is loose. Clean the pins and check the barbs on the pins. This is were a dental pick helps, going into the molex also. If it dose not show up in tone mode. If you still has a issue. Go to ohms only and see if you have to much resistant between swipe and contacts. Compare the ohms reading on the other contacts.

Carefully Use a piece of plastic(monitor tweak tool) or wood stick to press on,move stuff around.

RJ

#68 6 years ago

Have you done the ground mods to your game? Check your 5 and 12 volts.

Dose the display come on? Do you have a cap checker. I had 2 bad caps on the boot board.

RJ

#70 6 years ago

If I rember correctly stops on top. Each score has a position. There is some play on the swipe adjust. Finger nail polish the screw head after your done.

So click position 1 click position 2 and so on.pull the assembly and look at it on a bench.
I did re adjust mine so that all position had thevvsame contact points between the swipe and the circuit board. They started out leaning to one side..Close as I could get it.
It's not a pass by the pads, it has to be on the pads for score to register.

#72 6 years ago

Unfortunatkey my daughter has the game in her basement now.

So I can't look at the vari target. I am sure someone will chime in. I thought there was something about the vari target in the game manual. I just remember mine was dirty off swipe points and the spring needed a few more wrap around the shaft.so it would return from the 40k position

RJ

#74 6 years ago

I like the solid state 5 volt supplies they offer.
The 2nd Genesis I had , I was playing around with my ESR meter and most of the elec. caps were out of spec. Game is from the early 80's. one of the two I believe 10mfd caps on the daughter board, showed open. No boot no display.

If you are getting the GL and the display is showing up. Then I believe it is booting.

Have you done the grounding mods to the game. It is worth the time. Makes them run some much better.

RJ

1 week later
#80 6 years ago

So your spring was to tight and I had to add a couple of turns to mine. I could never get it to retrurn to the starting position

Did you end up readjusting the leaf switches so the hits end up on a pad?

RJ

1 month later
#84 6 years ago

I would call pinball resource Monday see what they have to say

RJ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club?tu=rj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.