IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider menthelm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Trying to troubleshoot why the veri target is scoring 40k but not spotting a body part or scoring life force when applicable. Is there a switch past the 40k for spotting those values? Game is at the club and I dont have a manual to reference. I cleaned the vari target rivets up but no joy. The swiper lands on the rivets except for the last single one that it continues past a good bit, so either it's not supposed to stop on that one or some kind of stop is missing. Next time I'm down there I'll take the target out and do some more investigating. Is there a place to order either the connectors for the switches on these boards, or a .156 IDC terminal that can be found? Can someone help me out with a photo of the manual that shows the switch numbers and or switch matrix?

I just got to work but I can take pics and post them in the morning if noone has yet. I did post a few pics from my manual on my restoration post but not sure if that would have any info you need.

Quoted from Xylog:

Just joined the club!
New NOS translite on the way, new clear ramps from Freeplay40 soon. Used my Arts & Crafts skill to recreate the underplayfield lab.
Will do a full teardown once the ramps arrive. Excited![quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! Pick up the Cliffy protectors before you install your new ramps. Don't want to break the new ones. They are made from thicker plastic and are more durable but I added them just to make sure. I'm getting ready to LED ours out here soon.

Where did you get the NOS translight?

Also when you order new ramps don't forget to buy the new decals for the ramp as well.

#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Trying to troubleshoot why the veri target is scoring 40k but not spotting a body part or scoring life force when applicable. Is there a switch past the 40k for spotting those values? Game is at the club and I dont have a manual to reference. I cleaned the vari target rivets up but no joy. The swiper lands on the rivets except for the last single one that it continues past a good bit, so either it's not supposed to stop on that one or some kind of stop is missing. Next time I'm down there I'll take the target out and do some more investigating. Is there a place to order either the connectors for the switches on these boards, or a .156 IDC terminal that can be found? Can someone help me out with a photo of the manual that shows the switch numbers and or switch matrix?

Here is the switch matrix pic from the manual. Let me know if you need any more. The Vari target is on the left there.

20201109_154917 (resized).jpg20201109_154917 (resized).jpg
#304 3 years ago

I bought them from Marco.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/25103

Pinball resource has them that you can purchase individually if you have an account with them. Scroll down to genesis to see the ones available.

http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayfSS.htm#LIM

#306 3 years ago

Yes! I emailed PBR many times about it and they said they have NO plans to make them at any time. Anyone get any info when or if someone is going to recreate them I would definitely pay good money for a set.

#308 3 years ago

I'll have my playfield up tomorrow and I will check it out. Have to leave for work soon so I don't have time right now.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Actually got it sorted. The rear "catch" coil needed a slight adjustment. Spotting body parts and life force generator now work. Now I have to figure out why the lady motor works when the game boots up but not after hitting life force generator in game.

The switch most likely needs adjusted. I think I have a picture of it properly adjusted on my post about the reveal.

Edit: I just checked and apparently I never took a pic amd explained why it needs adjusted a certain way. I will try to update that post this weekend as well.

#312 3 years ago

The switch needs to be open in the resting position. The switch triggers the stopping of the reveal when the post on the disc hits the switch. On mine it takes a split second for the motor to stop turning after the switch is triggered making it go far enough for the switch to open and be ready for the next reveal cycle.

#315 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Okay sorted it out. It needs to be CLOSED at rest, but set so that it will open when passing the switch, and with the residual energy go far enough to go back to CLOSED. Thanks yall.

Sorry I had that backwards. I haven't had to mess with it since I adjusted it. Haven't had my playfield up either lol. Glad you got it figured out

#317 3 years ago

Ordered from Comet Monday morning. Got all the bulbs we needed, the flipper & start button kit, and the trough light kit. Hoping to see them at my house by the end of the week. Went with cool white GI and white inserts color matched all the rest. Cool white on the trough light. Finally we went with blue for the flippers and start button. All frosted lenses. We like how they spread the light out more under the inserts. We got the sample pack from Comet last week.

#318 3 years ago

Got all LEDs trough light and buttons installed. Turn down the brightness on my camera so it wouldn't looked washed out. More than pleased with the final results.

20201122_135153 (resized).jpg20201122_135153 (resized).jpg
#319 3 years ago
20201122_135305 (resized).jpg20201122_135305 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#322 3 years ago
Quoted from That-guy-again:

Hi, i just got a genesis machine that was sitting for a looooong time. I got it working cleaned, ordered new ramps (clear ), orings nvram convertion ect. Im toying with the idea of changing some of the lighting. Any suggestions? Also the tinted window in the playfield is not in the best shape does anyone still sell them? I know i can make it but if i can find one for a reasonable price..... at anyrate i love this game

I got mine from Ven but I don't recall what I paid for it though. Send him a message he might make you one. Cliffy makes the ramp protector kit. Welcome to the club! We love ours as well. I made a thread when we fixed our up. Turned out great.

10 months later
#344 2 years ago
Quoted from jsmall:

Hey guys,
I'm now owner of a Genesis.
Did anybody have new colored ramps?
BR Jan

Welcome to the club!

Freeplay40 sells the ramps in clear. They are much more durable than the stock ones. He may sell them dyed but I'm not sure.

1 year later
#429 8 months ago
Quoted from WesleyB:

My genesis rebuild came out pretty good!
[quoted image]

Looks great! Good job. I love the way the clear ramps look. So much artwork covered up by the stock ones.

3 weeks later
#432 7 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Hi, I just joined the club earlier this week and cleaned & set it up today.
From cradle, a perfect shot to the ramps just barely makes it to the top. Anything less than perfect comes back down. This is my first Gottlieb. Flippers definitely seem weaker than my WPCs or sterns. Is this normal?
I did clean flipper EOS switch contacts. I haven’t messed with the flippers beyond that.

I would do a flipper rebuild. Check for worn parts. If they seem fine I would at the least put new coils sleeves in.

1 month later
#444 6 months ago
Quoted from schwism:

My Genesis has tall star posts behind the drop target bank. Is this correct? The metal piece looks like it sits well above the drop targets. I am getting a lot of air balls even with the double rubber rings.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is correct. The star posts behind the drop targets are a little taller than all the other ones. I get air balls all the time off mine. I think everyone does. Jumps right into the out lane on the left sometimes as well.

#452 6 months ago

Picked up a NOS translight for ours yesterday at Expo. Will post pics when we get home and get it in. Anyone have a suggestion for LED replacement solutions for the florescent light in the back box? I have a LED bulb in the fixture now but it is nowhere near bright enough.

#453 6 months ago

Got the NOS translight installed. Looks so much better. The old one was extremely faded.

20231021_115435 (resized).jpg20231021_115435 (resized).jpg

20231024_002110 (resized).jpg20231024_002110 (resized).jpg

20231024_001156 (resized).jpg20231024_001156 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#465 4 months ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

Hi guys.
Joined the club today but my flashlamps round the robot aren’t working. They don’t work in test or during the reveal.
I notice during attract they come on with the backbox flashers. My backbox ones work fine.
If I close the top switch on the relay for the aux lamps I get backbox flashers. If I close the bottom switch nothing happens.
I’d be interested to hear the behaviour of the relay from someone else. Should the bottom switch activate then robot flashers?
Where are they driven from and which resistor is it. I don’t have a manual to look at.
Thanks on advance
Gaz
If not any advice where to start would be greatly received .

I can't get a pic of it right now, but the resistors are under the playfield. They are rectangle and either grey or tan color. Mine had one side of one of the tesistors broken off and mine was doing the same.

#466 4 months ago

I believe the area I circled is where they are. I just pulled up an old picture and zoomed in on that area.

20200807_203422~2 (resized).jpg20200807_203422~2 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#473 13 days ago

Just to update on this.
You were spot on. Resistor had a snapped leg. Thanks very much sorry it took me so long to get round to it!! Pesky kids!

Glad I could help! Happy it was an easy fix as well.

#475 8 days ago

Hey guys
Does anyone know if you can get a reproduction card insert that goes around the robot? Mines a little tatty.
Thanks all

I got mine from cooperscooter I'm not sure if he's still making them or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider menthelm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club?tu=menthelm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.