IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

I have sold two games I'd like to have back. One was the getaway and the other was Genesis. I don't care what anyone thinks. The game is astounding. The translite is perfect just like it is. No alternative needed. The gameplay and music are addictive and the robot reveal never gets old. I will find another one day but until then I will be stuck wishing I had it

10 months later
#92 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Well, my game is finally working after all these years, but unfortunately there is no sound so I'm not too sure what to do at this point.. background music does come out briefly when we loosened up the connections on the mpu board connectors so there's some hope.

I currently have two Genesis. One of them is fully working and the other is getting there. I had a sound issue as well. It turned out to be connectors. I ended up just repinning all of them. But it appears the ones for the double edge connectors are drying up.

3 months later
#125 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I don’t have any sound working on my machine so I finally but the bullet and bought a new sound board from pbresource which I should get sometime next week. I was going to get my original board repaired, but it was only $30 more for a known working board. I just hope that’s the issue. )

You first repinned every single connector on the game and did the ground mods before buying the board right? Every system 80/80a/80b game I’ve ever messed with had sound issues until I at the least repinned the connectors

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Ground mod was done, but I haven’t repinned the connectors except for the big one connecting the mpu to the driver board. I checked the others and they seem fine, but who knows... and you might be right because I got the sound board today and still no sound. the main reason I bought the sound board is because the tech who got it up and running said that was the issue so it serves me right for listening to him. Lol, anyone need a working sound board?
Also, I tried to see if the manual would tell me what size/type of connectors I need, but I couldn’t find anything in there. Any suggestions as to where I can find that info?
If repinning doesn’t work then it has to be the driver board because i already tested the mpu board in another machine and it worked fine.

Those stupid connectors are super hard to find right now. I used to be able to get them from Great Plains but he was out of stock and basically said the last time I looked that they were impossible to find. Someone will probabaly chime in with the exact pin info but I thought they were 156 bifurcated. They might be found somewhere. If so, I’d like to know myself. There isn’t much hope for a ton of these gottliebs without being able to replace the connectors

One more quick place to check with a sound issue is the power supply. I have had cold solder on the pins of that little power board right next to the sound board cause sound issues too. If I’m fact the edge connectors are ok you might look to the power supply and see if you are not getting a connection there.

11 months later
#165 5 years ago

I only use comet bulbs and have done full LED on two of the four Genesis I have owned. I didn’t have a problem with either

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.