IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

Here's mine, working on another one also.

20161013_170755 (resized).jpg20161013_170755 (resized).jpg

20161013_170812 (resized).jpg20161013_170812 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#16 7 years ago
Quoted from martimagico:

I'm in. Just bought mine this weekend. Unfortunately my robot won't reveal. I'll post pix in the next week or so!

If the gears dont turn you need to free them up with a little lube, just a small amount, if they are free then the switch on the turn table is not adjusted right, for it to turn on the contacts need to be open then to stop it they need to touch but then the turn table has to spin enough to get the contacts to open again for the next time. What usually happens is (and ive done it myself) is when you open up the playfield and slide it out if your not carefull you can clip the switch and bend it just enough so it is no longer adjusted properly. On the middle/bottom left of the playfield is the solenoid to turn the motor on, i think its labeled reveal motor or robot reveal, something like that.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Are you sure that the switch is adjusted properly? I had this trouble with mine. Its kind of a pain to get set just right but if its not opening and closing as it should it won't reveal when its supposed to. You will have to operate it "manually" and watch the switch closing and opening and stop it at the right position.

Make sure switch on robot rotisserie is open then push in solinoid and see if it does anything, if the the gears are free it should run, the motor runs off a magnet so theres no windings that will burn out right away if the motor doesnt run.

1 week later
#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I circled in red on this picture the area I was talking about, just stole the shot from google images, but yeah one wire is disconnected going to that chip.

Do you plug it into the little board? If not as long as its not jumping something out it shouldnt matter unless you have it plugged in, the small board is a reset board in case the mpu locks up the reset board will reboot the mpu basicly the same way as turning the switch off then back on. If the reset board is unplugged and you turn it on and it wont boot up, you probably have a problem elsewhere. You might want to check the power coming into the mpu, should be 5volts. I dont have a pic right now but can upload one later so you can reconect the wire.

#30 7 years ago

20170311_212005 (resized).jpg20170311_212005 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#47 6 years ago
Quoted from hepgeek:

I'm in! Just picked this puppy up

Nice game, you better get some ramp protectors on before the ramps get damaged.

3 months later
#85 6 years ago

The factory coils work fine if eos switches and flippers are set right, if what you have are too strong you will end up breaking ramps or plastics.

2 weeks later
#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I've seen some with clear pop bodies/caps - does anyone know where I could source those?

They are williams pop bumper parts on top, just buy the whole top, it will screw/line up with the gottlieb bottom.

7 months later
#144 5 years ago

Pinball resourse

#155 5 years ago

Good work Lorenz on all the info on the backglass models, I wish you had some info on the little guy cause I still cant sleep all the way thru the night not knowing what happened to him but what you did give us helps!

7 months later
#164 5 years ago

I used a combo of Cointaker and Pinball life with no problems, not sure what problem your having?

2 months later
#169 5 years ago

Not being a smart ass but maybe you switched wrong one, i have done it more than once?

3 weeks later
#176 5 years ago
Quoted from guard:

it gets power but is seized

One of mine was like that, just had to lube all the bushings on the gears, and make it turn with my fingers.

3 weeks later
#180 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I think the only thing I find really confusing is going through the test sequence and watching motors turn on while being listed as a 'lamp', and flashers fire as a 'solenoid'.
As to my flasher problem, looks like just some bad sockets to deal with. Both of the lower flashers on the ramps aren't working, but the upper ones are fine now after repinning the connector. Good continuity in the wiring, and the actual bulbs test good when I move them around. Sockets are really the only thing left to look at.
-Hans

I have a bad transistor on the right ramp of mine.

3 weeks later
#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Neoaztek:

P.S i paid $300!

Nice score! looks like the wireforms are missing and someone added the post below the flipper bats.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Neoaztek:

Could you send me a picture?

Look under flippers.

b384bc7757e4c5e85733e24025b57ef062bd98e0 (1) (resized).jpgb384bc7757e4c5e85733e24025b57ef062bd98e0 (1) (resized).jpg
2 months later
#193 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the cardboard walls for the body area below the playfield available?

I dont think so. Some have printed them.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have contact info for them? I would like to get some printed and I don’t have the means.

Sorry I dont but I thought I read it somewhere in this thred.

#201 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Searched this whole thread and didn’t see any mention of cardboards being remade. Just people asking for them. Haha

Maybe it was someone who restored one and started a separate thred. Sorry I thought i read it somewhere.

5 months later
#215 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does anyone have a source other than PBR for the foam rubber washers under the window in the playfield? I am striking out trying to find them. they appear to be 1/2" OD, 3/16" ID and about 1/4" thick.

I just cut my own out of some black foam sticky back strip on a roll, shaved it down with a razor blade till it was the right thickness, needs to be thick enough so when you tighten the screws it pushes up on the plastic enough so you can level it with all sides with the playfield.

#222 4 years ago

Are they going to thread in from the bottom? Sure beats having the ball roll over the screws.

3 weeks later
#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Hi all, just re-joined the club with my second Genesis. Thought I was buying a fully functional machine however, I got duped by a shady Pinsider. Shame on me for trusting someone I’ve never bought from before. Nevertheless, The motor for the reveal isn’t activating and I can’t turn it by hand. Looking for some guidance on where to start with this. Any help is appreciated!

Make sure your getting power to the motor first. The Motor is hard to turn buy spinning the gears with your fingers but can be done, if you cant then you might need to give it a bit of lube on the bushings, I had to do it with one of mine.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Thanks for the help. When I engage the relay, I hear a hum on the motor and voltage is present at the terminals. I’ve also tried lubricating the gears to no avail. Looks like I’m headed for a new motor/gearbox.

if it hums its probably still good you just need to free the gear bushings, can you turn it with your finger? my robot was zip tied also, I just cut the zip yies and the tabs hold it in place fine.

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I’ve tried to free the gears, no luck.

I highly doubt the motor is bad, spray them with some penetrating oil and let it sit for a few days the try moving them again, even when there free they are really hard to turn.

#245 4 years ago

Looks like the switch is already closed, you need a little bit of a gap so it closes after you push the flipper button.

1 week later
#257 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Just finished a ton of repairs on my newly acquired Genesis. While installing LED’s it occurred to me that I hadn’t considered the reveal bulbs. Has anyone replaced them with LED flashers? Thoughts? Photos?

I changed a couple to diferent colors just to give it a different effect, also a couple purple ones in the backbox.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

Can anybody tell me as I cant read SS schematics for the life of me. The top thumper bumper wasnt working and while checking the switches underneath I jumped and I think I touched the diode while touching the score switch......now the left outhole kicker wint stop firing as soon as I power on the game.
Can someone let me now if I fried the old diode and its causing this?

Are you sure the switch is not closed making the coil fire to kick the ball out?

#275 4 years ago

It has helped me by cleaning and adjusting the flipper button switches so they have good tension on them, i have 2 Genesis and can make all ramps pretty good, both machines have had full rebuilds on flipper mechs also. Make sure the bats are adjusted right also, they point down slightly compared to williams or newer sterns, I also put a .010 shim under the bat before tightening the set screws so the bats dont bind.

1 year later
#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can someone confirm the flipper bat shafts that are used on Genesis? It just calls out the flipper assembly in the manual but not a break down of the individual parts. pbresource.com shows two different sizes and I'm not sure which one is correct:
http://www.pbresource.com/flippers/gtb-a13154.jpg
or
http://www.pbresource.com/flippers/gtb-a15531.jpg
someone had put on two different flipper bats and the games needs a flipper rebuild. Would like to order all the needed parts at once.

The first pic looks right to me, the second pic they look too thick.

1 month later
#357 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Is anyone willing to trade there genesis for my Excalibur. I got rid of my genesis and really miss it. I will pick up anywhere within 200 miles unless willing to dropoff/pickup. The Excalibur is in very nice shape. The cabinet needs a little work but that’s it. Let me know if interested and i can send pics.

If you weren't so far away i would be interested but im in Michigan

#360 2 years ago

There is one that just popped up for sale in Michigan. Saw it on the Michigan related for sale thread.

Genesis or excalibur?

#362 2 years ago

Not my ad (My Genesis isn't for sale) but just saw this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128491

Yea I have one also, but would like Excalibur, as i have one Genesis and my brother in law has one also so, could give one up, I like system 80s

2 months later
#369 2 years ago
Quoted from khizzlekougs:

Hello there, Im a new Genesis owner and the game showed up with nothing holding down the ramps? Can anyone show me the part or has a line on where to get them? Thanks!
[quoted image]

They are basicly round stock around 3/8 diameter with a hole thru it and a long screw 10-24 or 10-32.

1 year later
#433 7 months ago

Start with checking eos condition clean and gaps first then full flipper rebuild

1 month later
#449 6 months ago
Quoted from Suteiben:

On mine the metal part is almost straight.
In your photo it's really twisted
[quoted image]

Should be bent up slightly, but the airball problem is because the deflector is bent up too much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club?tu=crlush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.