IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 20eyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from martimagico:

Thanks, I think it's a bigger problem then this or a lubricated gearbox. The solenoid won't actuate when the reveal is supposed to occur. I can manually control the motor by pushing to the solenoid tab. I checked voltage coming in. It seems that both wires run normally high at 25v and when it starts the reveal sequence one wire is supposed to go low to ground. It never goes low enough to actuate the solenoid. Any ideas?

Are you sure that the switch is adjusted properly? I had this trouble with mine. Its kind of a pain to get set just right but if its not opening and closing as it should it won't reveal when its supposed to. You will have to operate it "manually" and watch the switch closing and opening and stop it at the right position.

4 months later
#60 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I have my Genesis near ready but I have never played a 100% working one so I have questions.
The variable target. When I hit all the way back the the 40,000 sometimes the coil doesn't release it. When is it supposed to release it.
When I have Life Generator lit, I hit the 40,000 and it doesn't activate it. Only if I hold the target on that rivet for 4 or 5 seconds, will it activate.

Is it scoring when its shot all the way? I had to clean contacts on mine recently because it wasn't recognizing shots anymore and hanging up at times. Cleaned contacts and it was good to go again. I've never had to adjust it however

#62 6 years ago

Oh, its not revealing when you make the vari-target. The switch on the rotating robot shield cover thing has to be adjusted ever so perfectly. I forget off hand if its supposed to stay open all the way around then close and then open the switch again when its covered again. Mine didn't work right when I got it and I had to F with it for what seemed like forever to get it just right.

10 months later
#156 5 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Now that I'm legitimately in the hunt for one of these, I'm worried about fit into my vehicle. How hard is it to remove the head box on a Genesis if needed?
-Hans

I hope that means you got to play mine at MGC I had the one with the clear ramps.
The thing I like about the system 80B machines is they seem easier to move. loading up at MGC rather than wait on the loading dock I took it in the elevator and over the skywalk then down the elevator and through the lobby of the hilton and out to the parking structure. If Genesis doesn't fit in your vehicle I don't know what will.

#158 5 years ago

I got that Genesis in St Cloud, MN a couple years ago they are out there if you are willing to drive. I messed around with flipper adjustments quite a while to get it hopefully challenging but able to hit the ramps if you work at it. I'm curious to know how it played I set it easier with the drops to hopefully make it more fun for casual people.

1 year later
#216 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Does anyone have a source other than PBR for the foam rubber washers under the window in the playfield? I am striking out trying to find them. they appear to be 1/2" OD, 3/16" ID and about 1/4" thick.

Steve Charland posted about using mini post rings cut down for this purpose. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/black-hole-club-members-only/page/11#post-2408566

1 month later
#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Nelsonford218:

This stupid right flipper... I still cant make it up the left ramp from the right flipper from craddleing the ball. I replaced the eos switch, the flipper button switch, bushings, sleeve, plunger, coil stop, aligned and adjusted over and over. Havent replaced the coil, but it is different from the right one and looks a little smaller diameter and newer. I know it's just a bunch of wire, but can they get weak somehow? Or do they make them in different strengths? Not really sure what to do now. I notice the weak flipper also has a bit higher pitched noise to its action when compared to the left flipper which has more of a thud to it. Red coil is the weak one in the pictures.[quoted image][quoted image]

You have a screw missing on the coil stop in the upper picture. I had to adjust the flipper bats multiple times to get it just right you might have to clean the shafts with a file or reverse them to get it to stop biting down the bats in the same (bad) position. Keep playing it and adjusting eventually it will get where it needs to be. You should be able to make the left ramp from a cradle but I normally just shoot drop targets and the vari target from the right flipper. I found that its easier to backhand the left ramp from the left flipper since I always seem to get ball drains from using the left flipper to shoot the drops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 20eyes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club?tu=20eyes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.