IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg
There are 475 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 2 years ago

Can someone confirm the flipper bat shafts that are used on Genesis? It just calls out the flipper assembly in the manual but not a break down of the individual parts. pbresource.com shows two different sizes and I'm not sure which one is correct:

http://www.pbresource.com/flippers/gtb-a13154.jpg

or

http://www.pbresource.com/flippers/gtb-a15531.jpg

someone had put on two different flipper bats and the games needs a flipper rebuild. Would like to order all the needed parts at once.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can someone confirm the flipper bat shafts that are used on Genesis? It just calls out the flipper assembly in the manual but not a break down of the individual parts. pbresource.com shows two different sizes and I'm not sure which one is correct:
http://www.pbresource.com/flippers/gtb-a13154.jpg
or
http://www.pbresource.com/flippers/gtb-a15531.jpg
someone had put on two different flipper bats and the games needs a flipper rebuild. Would like to order all the needed parts at once.

The first pic looks right to me, the second pic they look too thick.

1 month later
#353 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Does anyone reproduce the laboratory card?
20220118_141718 (resized).jpg20220118_141718 (resized).jpg
20220118_141723 (resized).jpg20220118_141723 (resized).jpg

#354 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Does anyone reproduce the laboratory card?

Reach out to COOPERSCOOTER, he was making them for awhile. Not sure he still is though? I bought one from him and it was built well. He used foam board.

#355 2 years ago

Is anyone willing to trade there genesis for my Excalibur. I got rid of my genesis and really miss it. I will pick up anywhere within 200 miles unless willing to dropoff/pickup. The Excalibur is in very nice shape. The cabinet needs a little work but that’s it. Let me know if interested and i can send pics.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Just joined the club. Does anyone reproduce the laboratory card?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Set it up and played some games. The lab card is there! I assumed it was missing since I saw a USPS box up in there when I lifted the playfield.

Still wouldn't mind the foam core repro if there are more available. I sent a PM to cooperscooter

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Is anyone willing to trade there genesis for my Excalibur. I got rid of my genesis and really miss it. I will pick up anywhere within 200 miles unless willing to dropoff/pickup. The Excalibur is in very nice shape. The cabinet needs a little work but that’s it. Let me know if interested and i can send pics.

If you weren't so far away i would be interested but im in Michigan

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

There is one that just popped up for sale in Michigan. Saw it on the Michigan related for sale thread.

#359 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Yeah that’s to bad…

#360 2 years ago

There is one that just popped up for sale in Michigan. Saw it on the Michigan related for sale thread.

Genesis or excalibur?

#361 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Genesis or excalibur?

Not my ad (My Genesis isn't for sale) but just saw this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128491

#362 2 years ago

Not my ad (My Genesis isn't for sale) but just saw this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/128491

Yea I have one also, but would like Excalibur, as i have one Genesis and my brother in law has one also so, could give one up, I like system 80s

#363 2 years ago

I also have a Monte Carlo in very nice shap that I would trade for a genesis…

1 week later
#364 2 years ago

Watching the INDISC match play stream as they play Genesis and I noticed both ramps are flashing and ready to spot a letter. Mine alternates ramps. I don't see an option in the manual. Does anyone know what this settings is?

Thanks

#365 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

both ramps are flashing

Both my ramps are lit all the time. The brain lane alternates, but on the games I just played, both limb ramps were lit.
Edit: Mine's on factory.

#366 2 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Both my ramps are lit all the time. The brain lane alternates, but on the games I just played, both limb ramps were lit.
Edit: Mine's on factory.

I played with the settings
It's the novelty mode. With novelty on both ramps flash until the part is collected, the brain target moves and extra balls are worth 500k (I think). With it off the ramps alternate

2 months later
#367 2 years ago

Hello there, Im a new Genesis owner and the game showed up with nothing holding down the ramps? Can anyone show me the part or has a line on where to get them? Thanks!

Image from iOS (26) (resized).jpgImage from iOS (26) (resized).jpg
#368 2 years ago
Quoted from khizzlekougs:

Hello there, Im a new Genesis owner and the game showed up with nothing holding down the ramps? Can anyone show me the part or has a line on where to get them? Thanks!
[quoted image]

You may want to check with pbresource.com as they should have the parts.

#369 2 years ago
Quoted from khizzlekougs:

[quoted image]

They are basicly round stock around 3/8 diameter with a hole thru it and a long screw 10-24 or 10-32.

2 weeks later
#370 1 year ago

Joined the club. Lucked out and found mine at the flea market. Seller had it setup in his truck bed and plugged in via generator lol.

38300951-D97E-42A5-B3BA-5E3AC510F9F4 (resized).jpeg38300951-D97E-42A5-B3BA-5E3AC510F9F4 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#371 1 year ago

Was Genesis supposed to have labels on the drop targets? If not they should. My Genesis just has plain white targets and other pictures seem to show plain white ones too.

I recently had to put all plain white drops in a Gameplan Sharpshooter and made up some tumbleweed stickers for those drop targets. After playing Genesis this evening I thought it would be good to make up a set for Genesis too.

Question to the group is what would you like to see on those drop targets? A picture of the robot head? Something else? Looking for ideas. Will probably go with black line art on a clear label like I did for Sharpshooter.

If they look good and work out well will get extras made.

Still need to shop out my game and want to install the new stickers for the drops when I do,

Such a great game. Hope to get some time to work on it over the Holiday weekend.

20220519_204308 (resized).jpg20220519_204308 (resized).jpg
#372 1 year ago

My friend did a great job on this translite.

IMG_20220523_230512585_HDR.jpgIMG_20220523_230512585_HDR.jpg
#373 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image]

Very nice! I like that one

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Very nice! I like that one

Me too. When I asked him why he didn't use the robot, he said, "you mean the robot that looks like a drag queen?"

Point taken.

It has a super cool vibe in a lineup. Much better than the faded original translite.
IMG_20220517_205457743_HDR.jpgIMG_20220517_205457743_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220508_164649428_HDR.jpgIMG_20220508_164649428_HDR.jpg

4 weeks later
#375 1 year ago

New to club and ran into a little issue. Machine appears to have been working but issues came up after transport. Some lights and solenoids out aren't working. Left flipper is fine but right flipper won't work, though the top rollover lights get brighter when I push the flipper button. Thoughts on where to start looking?

#376 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

New to club and ran into a little issue. Machine appears to have been working but issues came up after transport. Some lights and solenoids out aren't working. Left flipper is fine but right flipper won't work, though the top rollover lights get brighter when I push the flipper button. Thoughts on where to start looking?

Ground mods been done?

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Double check and reseat all the connectors as something may have come loose. Also if it was stood up on end then if anything was loose in the cabinet it could have gotten lodged in somewhere causing issues.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

[quoted image]

It is nice, .pdf high resolution could be available?

Thanks!!

1 month later
#379 1 year ago
Quoted from That-guy-again:

Yup i just order a window from ven. Its all coming together. I just need to think what i might want to do with the lights

Anyone know where i could find a replacement window? Mine is pretty much cracked everywhere :/

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Anyone know where i could find a replacement window? Mine is pretty much cracked everywhere :/

Reach out to pinside member Ven. He made one for me that was a perfect fit, laser cut and all the holes lined up perfect. Not sure he is still doing these though.

J.

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Reach out to pinside member Ven. He made one for me that was a perfect fit, laser cut and all the holes lined up perfect. Not sure he is still doing these though.
J.

i did, a couple time but he has never replied unfortunately

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

J.

Did you replace the foam washers from under the window? mine are like half missing, any good choices?

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Did you replace the foam washers from under the window? mine are like half missing, any good choices?

Pbresource.com sells the foam washers. Used on Monte Carlo, Haunted House, and Black Hole.

#384 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I had some soft gum rubber sheets and made my own.

#385 1 year ago

great info thanks guys

1 week later
#386 1 year ago

Just joined the Genesis Club. Playing fine but having an odd issue where the music stops playing on balls 2 & 3 (sfx still play). Rebooting fixes it for a game or 2. Did the due diligence of reseating connectors, Googling, etc, not finding any solutions. Ive restored a bunch of SS Bally's & SS Sterns, this is the first Gottlieb in the house. Has anyone else encountered this? Could ground mods resolve? Cheers.

68237736775__55B19E37-B215-461B-8D43-4419177CEA9D (resized).JPG68237736775__55B19E37-B215-461B-8D43-4419177CEA9D (resized).JPG
#387 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnydemonic:

Just joined the Genesis Club. Playing fine but having an odd issue where the music stops playing on balls 2 & 3 (sfx still play). Rebooting fixes it for a game or 2. Did the due diligence of reseating connectors, Googling, etc, not finding any solutions. Ive restored a bunch of SS Bally's & SS Sterns, this is the first Gottlieb in the house. Has anyone else encountered this? Could ground mods resolve? Cheers.
[quoted image]

When my Genesis was having odd sound issues (cutting in and out, playing at the wrong time, not playing at all), I consistently found that my 5v would be all over the place, despite recently adjusting it. I opted to shotgun replace the 5v board with a new Gulf Pinball replacement. Since then, I've had zero issues with sound.

In hindsight, I likely could have rebuilt the old board. I would recommend looking at that little power supply in the backbox, adjusting your 5v, and potentially rebuilding or replacing it.

#388 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

When my Genesis was having odd sound issues (cutting in and out, playing at the wrong time, not playing at all), I consistently found that my 5v would be all over the place, despite recently adjusting it. I opted to shotgun replace the 5v board with a new Gulf Pinball replacement. Since then, I've had zero issues with sound.
In hindsight, I likely could have rebuilt the old board. I would recommend looking at that little power supply in the backbox, adjusting your 5v, and potentially rebuilding or replacing it.

Usually 5V power issues are cracked solder joints on the power board and a crummy 500 ohm trim pot. I change those out with precision sealed multiturn versions and no more issues.

1 week later
#389 1 year ago

anyone have a good spare plastic that goes across the back of the playfield? The long one that spells arms, brain, body, legs.

1 month later
#390 1 year ago

This may be a question for the System 80 thread but here goes...

While playing , after the 3 drop targets fall the solenoid fires them up/reset and immediately blows the 1A fuse (F14) under the playfield . I wanted to ask before diving in to cut out , test diodes . I do not posses a schematic as of yet , new game to me .

Thanks

#391 1 year ago
Quoted from Canad-eh:

This may be a question for the System 80 thread but here goes...
While playing , after the 3 drop targets fall the solenoid fires them up/reset and immediately blows the 1A fuse (F14) under the playfield . I wanted to ask before diving in to cut out , test diodes . I do not posses a schematic as of yet , new game to me .
Thanks

right, i would assume a bad diode on the coil that reset the drop target bank, can you try with another coil?

#392 1 year ago

I de soldered the diodes from both coils in that circuit, both were good . Tested the coils and no change in resistance with them removed either.
Could I use a 2A fuse in there?

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from Canad-eh:

I de soldered the diodes from both coils in that circuit, both were good . Tested the coils and no change in resistance with them removed either.
Could I use a 2A fuse in there?

i odn't have the manual at hand but i would not go above spec. if a new fuse is still blowing then there is too much resistance in the circuit. could something be shorting/touching the drop reset coil? Any other coil you can quick swap for a full test?

#394 1 year ago

Anyone know what the hole next to the coin door lock is for ? Mine has a carriage bolt .

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from Canad-eh:

Anyone know what the hole next to the coin door lock is for ? Mine has a carriage bolt .

Probably ably had a lock bar at some point. People often install a carriage bolt to fill the hole.

#396 1 year ago

Probably ably had a lock bar at some point. People often install a carriage bolt to fill the hole.

Ahhh right, the lock bar . Thanks

#397 1 year ago

Could someone please take a picture of their 2 slot coin door wiring , mine has been butchered/ mixed up a bit . One switch is open polarity the second is closed ?

Could this affect the switch matrix?

Thanks

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from Canad-eh:

Could someone please take a picture of their 2 slot coin door wiring , mine has been butchered/ mixed up a bit . One switch is open polarity the second is closed ?
Thanks

Let me know if these help or if you need any further pics!

IMG_1726 (resized).JPGIMG_1726 (resized).JPG
IMG_1727 (resized).JPGIMG_1727 (resized).JPG
IMG_1728 (resized).JPGIMG_1728 (resized).JPG

#399 1 year ago
Quoted from Canad-eh:

Thanks

Are you having switch matrix issues?

If you find that any of the 7400 or 7404 IC's for the switch matrix are blown on the MPU you may want to get one of my Diode Clamping boards. It plugs into Z13 and Z14 to help prevent that from happening again. I run one on my own Genesis and also have one on my Volcano. They are only $20 plus shipping.

#400 1 year ago

Thank you !

That is exactly what I thought it should be , mine had a broken wire and another on the switch centre post .
I can’t confirm a matrix issue yet as I am waiting on a few parts to arrive before it gets powered up again.
If there is I will report back .

Thanks again

Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Towson, MD
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 475 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.