IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 5 years ago

Really wanting one of these and in a rare position to buy. Any machines floating around the upper Midwest? Pretty flexible on condition too. Projects are ok as long as not basket cases

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from balt:

I'd love to hear the background story on the origin of the Genesis backglass.

The guy U should contact for informations about Premier's period is Jeff Walker. He was on charge of the Marketing Department at this time. U could see him on Spring break and hollywood heat flyers. ^^

https://www.facebook.com/MuseumCarGuy
http://www.mantiquesnetwork.com/

Original picture for translite was taken in black and white by Don Marshall and recolorized.

The mad scientist is Ed Meekin (an actor and make up artist), the girl is Shar Mansukhani, I didn't catch any informations about the small guy

http://heirhuntersinternational.info/about-us/founders-bios/

"Shar Mansukhani was born and raised in Chicago. As a teen, along with her older sister, Shar sang in the all girl group, The Party Girls. Under a recording contract with Polygram records, she moved to London, and later, after signing with BMG records, relocated to Germany. Several years later, after making records and touring throughout England and Europe, Shar returned to Chicago, where she and her sister owned and operated two of Chicago’s major nightclubs, My Sisters’ House and Convent. Expanding her reach, Shar became a partner in the Beverly Hills nightclub, Naked Lunch. In 2001,Shar produced thirteen episodes of the television show, Wisdom of Dreams, hosted by Martin Luther King, III."

genesis original picture (resized).jpggenesis original picture (resized).jpg
Ed Meekin (resized).jpegEd Meekin (resized).jpeg
Ed Meekin 2 (resized).JPGEd Meekin 2 (resized).JPG
Ed Meekin 3 (resized).JPGEd Meekin 3 (resized).JPG
Ed Meekin 5 (resized).JPGEd Meekin 5 (resized).JPG
Shar Mansukhani 02 (resized).jpgShar Mansukhani 02 (resized).jpg
Shar Mansukhani 03 (resized).jpgShar Mansukhani 03 (resized).jpg

#153 5 years ago

Now that I'm legitimately in the hunt for one of these, I'm worried about fit into my vehicle. How hard is it to remove the head box on a Genesis if needed?

-Hans

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Now that I'm legitimately in the hunt for one of these, I'm worried about fit into my vehicle. How hard is it to remove the head box on a Genesis if needed?
-Hans

I just did it last weekend. I disconnected all the connectors from the boards, and detached the head pretty quickly. Not unlike an old bally really. The only snag I ran into was the plastic pieces that hold the wire harness were dry rotted and broke when I tried to pull out the harness. Most everything is keyed, but take pictures just in case

#155 5 years ago

Good work Lorenz on all the info on the backglass models, I wish you had some info on the little guy cause I still cant sleep all the way thru the night not knowing what happened to him but what you did give us helps!

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

-Hans

I hope that means you got to play mine at MGC I had the one with the clear ramps.
The thing I like about the system 80B machines is they seem easier to move. loading up at MGC rather than wait on the loading dock I took it in the elevator and over the skywalk then down the elevator and through the lobby of the hilton and out to the parking structure. If Genesis doesn't fit in your vehicle I don't know what will.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I hope that means you got to play mine at MGC I had the one with the clear ramps.
The thing I like about the system 80B machines is they seem easier to move. loading up at MGC rather than wait on the loading dock I took it in the elevator and over the skywalk then down the elevator and through the lobby of the hilton and out to the parking structure. If Genesis doesn't fit in your vehicle I don't know what will.

Yes, I did, and my infatuation is both the fault of yourself and I forget the name of the arcade in Binghampton.
His wasn't leveled, but it got me moderately interested. Then I played yours, which was leveled, and now I'm hooked.

#158 5 years ago

I got that Genesis in St Cloud, MN a couple years ago they are out there if you are willing to drive. I messed around with flipper adjustments quite a while to get it hopefully challenging but able to hit the ramps if you work at it. I'm curious to know how it played I set it easier with the drops to hopefully make it more fun for casual people.

5 months later
#159 5 years ago

I am looking for slingshot plastics. Please let me know if you have any you would like to sell, or have a source. Steve Young at Pinball Resource says he doesn't plan on making them anytime soon.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Nm1010:

Steve Young at Pinball Resource says he doesn't plan on making them anytime soon.

And he needs to print up some of those sweet translites. Mine is faded and I need the colors to pop!

#161 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a new plexiglass for the playfield, mine is pretty botched up, can't seem to find one anywhere, got a pretty nice genesis Im bringing back to life

1 week later
#162 5 years ago

I'm working on one that I just picked up. Needs cpu repair.

DSC_4055 (resized).JPGDSC_4055 (resized).JPGDSC_4056 (resized).JPGDSC_4056 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#163 5 years ago

Nifty led’s are the only bulbs I know of that fit the smaller GI holes of Genesis, Bad Girls, etc, but I just went to order and see that they are closed for good (link goes to Comet). Anyone here know of another brand/type that definitely fits?

#164 5 years ago

I used a combo of Cointaker and Pinball life with no problems, not sure what problem your having?

#165 5 years ago

I only use comet bulbs and have done full LED on two of the four Genesis I have owned. I didn’t have a problem with either

1 week later
#166 5 years ago

Anyone interested in a set of Clear Ramps with guides?

I have a set that was barely used & still in excellent condition.

These were only on a game for a few dozen plays before the game was traded with the original ramps.

PM me with an offer if interested.

IMG_6699 (resized).jpegIMG_6699 (resized).jpeg

#167 5 years ago

I’m having an issue with my game, with the ARMS kickout hole. When I make the shot and collect each A-R-M-S letter, the kickout hole works fine. But after the letters are collected, and the ball is trapped for multiball, the kickout hole won’t release the ball to begin multiball. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Jody

1 month later
#168 5 years ago

Hey everyone. How do I turn EBs off? I changed the game mode from extra ball to replay, but that didn’t do it.

#169 5 years ago

Not being a smart ass but maybe you switched wrong one, i have done it more than once?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Not being a smart ass but maybe you switched wrong one, i have done it more than once?

Possible. So if i change the game mode to replay, that turns EBs off?

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Possible. So if i change the game mode to replay, that turns EBs off?

Totally guessing, but I would assume that an extra ball/replay toggle would be for the 2.6mil award...

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Totally guessing, but I would assume that an extra ball/replay toggle would be for the 2.6mil award...

Figured it out with the help of a friend. Sw 28 to ON turns on novelty mode. That turns off EBs completely.

3 weeks later
#173 4 years ago

Finally got to doing some work on mine after playing it half broke for over a year. I thought the drop targets didn't work because of a matrix issue, in a last gasp attempt to not have to call somebody I took the assembly off and found the upper wire was not touching target #2 and therefore no connection to #1 nor #3. That's working great now, [what a difference to get body parts] so then I added a twist to the spring on the vari target and it started coming back all the way also. It still won't release sometime, so I'm going to pull it, and go over it today as per some earlier posts. This is a great game in a collection...
Thanks for the info folks.

#174 4 years ago

Added an external sub to my game last night. It’s awesome!!

#175 4 years ago

Well nothing like a good visual before taking stuff apart. The contacts on the bracket are adjustable and had slid out of line with where the vari stopped. I guess sometimes you got enough contact to score and initiate the coil, but most of the time not. Only two things left, my buddy is going to have a look at the reveal motor for me, it gets power but is seized, and I'll need to play it a ton today to see if I still have a 'blank screen/sound' problem every once in a while. Game still plays but no sound and score screen,.....hoping fixing some of the loose wire issues might have alleviated that. Here hoping....

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from guard:

it gets power but is seized

One of mine was like that, just had to lube all the bushings on the gears, and make it turn with my fingers.

3 weeks later
#177 4 years ago

I'm in the club finally, just hauled one home. Minor (I hope) flasher problem to work out but otherwise very nice condition machine is now sitting in my lineup.

Whole new beast working on System 80 for me.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I'm in the club finally, just hauled one home. Minor (I hope) flasher problem to work out but otherwise very nice condition machine is now sitting in my lineup.
Whole new beast working on System 80 for me.

I know what you mean, system 80 feels backward working on them sometimes

#179 4 years ago

I think the only thing I find really confusing is going through the test sequence and watching motors turn on while being listed as a 'lamp', and flashers fire as a 'solenoid'.

As to my flasher problem, looks like just some bad sockets to deal with. Both of the lower flashers on the ramps aren't working, but the upper ones are fine now after repinning the connector. Good continuity in the wiring, and the actual bulbs test good when I move them around. Sockets are really the only thing left to look at.

-Hans

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I think the only thing I find really confusing is going through the test sequence and watching motors turn on while being listed as a 'lamp', and flashers fire as a 'solenoid'.
As to my flasher problem, looks like just some bad sockets to deal with. Both of the lower flashers on the ramps aren't working, but the upper ones are fine now after repinning the connector. Good continuity in the wiring, and the actual bulbs test good when I move them around. Sockets are really the only thing left to look at.
-Hans

I have a bad transistor on the right ramp of mine.

#181 4 years ago

Mine is just confusing me to be honest. Both UPPER flashers are working just fine, but the lowers are completely dead.
They're wired in parallel, so if the uppers are working there's no reason the lowers shouldn't be. Wiring all checks with good continuity. I replaced one socket (only have on on hand), and cleaned/soldered up the other dead one, but with no effect.

Unless they are wired differently than the schematics?

-Hans

Update:
Found the problem. The LED flashers the previous owner installed are polarized, and the lower two sockets were wired in reverse from the upper. Flipped the wires around and everything is going just fine.

3 weeks later
#182 4 years ago

Hello,

Just picked up a genesis to restore, I was testing is and it resets constantly, I think it’s the issue with the daughter board..another issue is that it seems like the varitarget isn’t registering anything at all. Has this happen to anyone here? Can anyone share that schematic?

Also has anyone used the piggy deux board to resolve the daughter board problem?

P.S i paid $300!

21BFD1A8-B8C4-4B00-8101-CFB1EB2943E3 (resized).jpeg21BFD1A8-B8C4-4B00-8101-CFB1EB2943E3 (resized).jpeg41ECA701-F520-47BD-9416-C0BBE51E5BCA (resized).jpeg41ECA701-F520-47BD-9416-C0BBE51E5BCA (resized).jpegD68A07D2-AC19-4C15-9A68-DF2049735180 (resized).jpegD68A07D2-AC19-4C15-9A68-DF2049735180 (resized).jpegEBFB212F-104A-43F8-BC28-01903E42142E (resized).jpegEBFB212F-104A-43F8-BC28-01903E42142E (resized).jpegF23528D9-917A-4FA5-9B62-816342D5D9DC (resized).jpegF23528D9-917A-4FA5-9B62-816342D5D9DC (resized).jpeg
#183 4 years ago

Nice score. Mine is resetting a lot now also. ...don't do hoard work so it's going to have go out for that.
My vari-tgt also was not registering and it was the fiberboard with the contacts on it are adjustable and had slid to a spot where the target contacts didn't stop on the other contacts. Two minutes adjusting fixed that...

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Neoaztek:

P.S i paid $300!

Nice score! looks like the wireforms are missing and someone added the post below the flipper bats.

#185 4 years ago

Just bought a Genesis...it will need alot of work to get going. It has been sitting for quite sometime. From what I have heard it is a great game!

I will need alot of things, the usual broken parts.

Did anyone manage to scan the cardboard around the robot?

#186 4 years ago

Which wire forms?

Could you send me a picture?

Quoted from crlush:

Nice score! looks like the wireforms are missing and someone added the post below the flipper bats.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Neoaztek:

Could you send me a picture?

Look under flippers.

b384bc7757e4c5e85733e24025b57ef062bd98e0 (1) (resized).jpgb384bc7757e4c5e85733e24025b57ef062bd98e0 (1) (resized).jpg
#188 4 years ago

thank you very much!

I will look for those..

1 month later
#189 4 years ago

I've created these custom apron cards, and am making them available for $10 per set, including US postage. I print these on a photo printer using OEM ink (no cheap third party) and OEM ultra gloss photo paper. I then cover in 3 mil clear gloss laminate, and razor cut to size.

Please PM me if interested.

Genesis1 (resized).jpgGenesis1 (resized).jpgGenesis2 (resized).jpgGenesis2 (resized).jpg
#190 4 years ago

I pimped my Genesis with LEDs and a topper

IMAG0448 (resized).jpgIMAG0448 (resized).jpgIMAG0447 (resized).jpgIMAG0447 (resized).jpgIMAG0446 (resized).jpgIMAG0446 (resized).jpg
#191 4 years ago

Can anyone please take a picture of the drop target bank with the drop targets down, having trouble remembering how the star posts behind it are mounted. Or even better, a picture without the top metal piece!

Thanks

3 weeks later
#192 4 years ago

Are the cardboard walls for the body area below the playfield available?

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the cardboard walls for the body area below the playfield available?

I dont think so. Some have printed them.

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I dont think so. Some have printed them.

Do you have contact info for them? I would like to get some printed and I don’t have the means.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have contact info for them? I would like to get some printed and I don’t have the means.

Sorry I dont but I thought I read it somewhere in this thred.

#196 4 years ago

I saw one with the pop bumper caps modified to be like a twilight zone, with the electricity sparks things. Very cool.

#197 4 years ago

Searched this whole thread and didn’t see any mention of cardboards being remade. Just people asking for them. Haha

#198 4 years ago

Who would you even approach for licensing on these? Steve Young?

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Who would you even approach for licensing on these? Steve Young?

I guess and that’s a fantastic place to ask for replacements.

#200 4 years ago

I could pull this off, and I need one, but I have soooooo many other projects on my hands. It's just realistically, not in the cards for me to tackle this.

In case anyone is listening, I'd also love it if I could get a replacement translight that wasn't faded to oblivion. Or maybe even a newly designed translight that matches the playfield art style vs. a fantasy of what the game could have looked like if it were designed in 2003.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 36.95
Tools
Magaro Machines
Tools
Lighting
Cobra Amusements
Lighting
There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.