IMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0880 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1775 (resized).jpeg
20231024_002110 (resized).jpg
20231021_115435 (resized).jpg
20231024_001156 (resized).jpg
IMG_9695 (resized).jpeg
20190706_143848 (resized).jpg

There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Meeksthegeeks:

hey everyone, where are you getting your clear ramps? My dad has a Genesis and would love to install those!

Pinsider freeplay40 makes and sells them

#102 6 years ago

thanks dhard !!

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from Meeksthegeeks:

hey everyone, where are you getting your clear ramps? My dad has a Genesis and would love to install those!

I ended up with a spare set. If Mark doesn't have stock you are welcome to buy mine (they are still in the box).. but I am also in Canada so shipping will be a bit more than if buying from Mark.

Good luck

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from tandem2:

I've got my Genesis machine almost completely re-assembled, but I'm not sure if I have the right shooter rod plate. This wasn't with the other parts of the game and it just doesn't seem like the right fit.
Anyone out there who could verify that this is the right or wrong shooter rod plate?
Thanks,
Jody

Sorry a little on this but here is the photo.

15E74E3D-E5CD-44A2-985D-BD06247C0069 (resized).jpeg15E74E3D-E5CD-44A2-985D-BD06247C0069 (resized).jpeg

If anyone has any insight on my latest issues...that would be amazing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/troubleshooting-sys80b-genesis#post-4025208

#105 6 years ago

I'm looking for a left slingshot plastic if anyone has one. Bottom piece only would be fine too.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I'm looking for a left slingshot plastic if anyone has one. Bottom piece only would be fine too.

Lol , I think most of us are looking for them. I'm almost to the point to where I'm going to try to Frankenstein it myself

#107 6 years ago

I had to buy 2 separate lots of used plastics on eBay to get my Genesis plastics to 100%.
I think this would be a decent candidate for repro plastics.

#108 6 years ago

22728727_838098943036556_2743685961988018107_n (resized).jpg22728727_838098943036556_2743685961988018107_n (resized).jpg

Picked up a Genesis today and of course i need the bottom left sling

Anyone have a decent scan so i can make a temp replacement?

Thanks

( if the right is exactly the same i could just use that i think) im not a graphics guy at all.)

#109 6 years ago

they are different unfortunately.

#110 6 years ago

Bummer.

Anyone willing to make a high res scan for us? Or anyone already have one? I have a friend who can clean it up and I can make it available.
Thanks

#111 6 years ago

That would be amazing...mine is held together with hope and glue.

1 month later
#112 6 years ago

Super exited about restoring my Genesis. Just picked up my nos playfield from Chris at HEP and it looks amazing!!! This one is going to play fast.

20171126_114428 (resized).jpg20171126_114428 (resized).jpg

20171126_114603 (resized).jpg20171126_114603 (resized).jpg

#113 6 years ago

That looks great! Genesis is already hard; with a playfield that smooth...

That blue is soo light. Mine is a bit darker... dingier is maybe the right word

#114 6 years ago

Colors look much deeper in person. Love the look. The flash makes it look lighter. Color is the main reason I looked for an nos for so long. Most looked kind of greenish tint by now.

#115 6 years ago

Wow awesome NOS playfield.

I recently finished clearing mine, curing now. Cant wait to get it back together.

20171115_151940 (resized).jpg20171115_151940 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

So how hard are NOS translites to find?

Pinball Resource had them in stock until I bought the the game... Now I can't find one for a reasonable price. Mine doesn't look bad, so I live with it.

I have one of these, but haven't installed it.

GenesisSample (resized).pngGenesisSample (resized).png

#118 6 years ago

I’ll probably have to go theat route. I’d prefer original NOS but what’s available is what’s available.

I’ve had issues with the game booting up since I got ir But I think I finally found the issue. Ordered a new replacement power supply And I have to repin and replace the 2 6 pin connectors

3 weeks later
#119 6 years ago

Is there any source for new cardboard cut out around the robot? Not sure what it's called.

My restoration is almost complete.
IMG_20180104_200723 (resized).jpgIMG_20180104_200723 (resized).jpg

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Is there any source for new cardboard cut out around the robot?

I would imagine someone would who had one apart could send you a scan of it. I think it's just heavy card stock.

There has to be a scan of this floating around somewhere. I'll check and see what's involved in removing mine. I haven't used my old scanner in years, but it may work with my current computer.

Someone should reproduce this.

#121 6 years ago

Clear Genesis ramps now available...Contact me for details.

#122 6 years ago

Finished my Genesis restoration last night. Still needs some fine tuning but overall came out great.
Nos translite
Nos purple ramps
2k Clear coated playfield
All new star posts
New drop targets
New pop bumper bodies
Nos sticker set
All metal polished/buffed
Comet leds
And hours of work

20180110_232911 (resized).jpg20180110_232911 (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago

Looks great! I’m thinking about adding led’s to mine as well. Do u remember how much it cost to do that?

#124 6 years ago

I don’t have any sound working on my machine so I finally but the bullet and bought a new sound board from pbresource which I should get sometime next week. I was going to get my original board repaired, but it was only $30 more for a known working board. I just hope that’s the issue. )

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

I don’t have any sound working on my machine so I finally but the bullet and bought a new sound board from pbresource which I should get sometime next week. I was going to get my original board repaired, but it was only $30 more for a known working board. I just hope that’s the issue. )

You first repinned every single connector on the game and did the ground mods before buying the board right? Every system 80/80a/80b game I’ve ever messed with had sound issues until I at the least repinned the connectors

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Looks great! I’m thinking about adding led’s to mine as well. Do u remember how much it cost to do that?

Leds for this game cost about $50.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

You first repinned every single connector on the game and did the ground mods before buying the board right? Every system 80/80a/80b game I’ve ever messed with had sound issues until I at the least repinned the connectors

Ground mod was done, but I haven’t repinned the connectors except for the big one connecting the mpu to the driver board. I checked the others and they seem fine, but who knows... and you might be right because I got the sound board today and still no sound. the main reason I bought the sound board is because the tech who got it up and running said that was the issue so it serves me right for listening to him. Lol, anyone need a working sound board?

Also, I tried to see if the manual would tell me what size/type of connectors I need, but I couldn’t find anything in there. Any suggestions as to where I can find that info?

If repinning doesn’t work then it has to be the driver board because i already tested the mpu board in another machine and it worked fine.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Ground mod was done, but I haven’t repinned the connectors except for the big one connecting the mpu to the driver board. I checked the others and they seem fine, but who knows... and you might be right because I got the sound board today and still no sound. the main reason I bought the sound board is because the tech who got it up and running said that was the issue so it serves me right for listening to him. Lol, anyone need a working sound board?
Also, I tried to see if the manual would tell me what size/type of connectors I need, but I couldn’t find anything in there. Any suggestions as to where I can find that info?
If repinning doesn’t work then it has to be the driver board because i already tested the mpu board in another machine and it worked fine.

Those stupid connectors are super hard to find right now. I used to be able to get them from Great Plains but he was out of stock and basically said the last time I looked that they were impossible to find. Someone will probabaly chime in with the exact pin info but I thought they were 156 bifurcated. They might be found somewhere. If so, I’d like to know myself. There isn’t much hope for a ton of these gottliebs without being able to replace the connectors

One more quick place to check with a sound issue is the power supply. I have had cold solder on the pins of that little power board right next to the sound board cause sound issues too. If I’m fact the edge connectors are ok you might look to the power supply and see if you are not getting a connection there.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Those stupid connectors are super hard to find right now. I used to be able to get them from Great Plains but he was out of stock and basically said the last time I looked that they were impossible to find. Someone will probabaly chime in with the exact pin info but I thought they were 156 bifurcated. They might be found somewhere. If so, I’d like to know myself. There isn’t much hope for a ton of these gottliebs without being able to replace the connectors
One more quick place to check with a sound issue is the power supply. I have had cold solder on the pins of that little power board right next to the sound board cause sound issues too. If I’m fact the edge connectors are ok you might look to the power supply and see if you are not getting a connection there.

I just checked marco’s website and it looks like they have quite a few connectors, but I have no clue which ones are the type I need.

#130 6 years ago

I did find the below link to help troubleshoot sound issues, but I have no clue how to do a short to ground test. Is that done with a multimeter or something else?

https://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?t=2044

#131 6 years ago

Sound is finally working!! I checked the pins and they were good so the last thing it could be was the driver board so I ordered a rottendog from Bay Area amusements which came in today and it fixed the problem.

Now there is something else I need to figure out/fix.... During test mode it says switch 74 is closed which didn’t show up until I installed the new board. That’s the 2nd position trough, but i have no idea where that’s located. Does anyone know where that is?

#132 6 years ago

D252DB42-E4B0-488F-9B9F-78DD396F135E (resized).jpegD252DB42-E4B0-488F-9B9F-78DD396F135E (resized).jpeg

81488841-FBBF-4BD2-B71A-56DF7C35DA11 (resized).jpeg81488841-FBBF-4BD2-B71A-56DF7C35DA11 (resized).jpeg

#133 6 years ago

Appreciate it

1 month later
#134 6 years ago

Anyone have any plastics for sale? I need slingshots and both side plastics above left & right outlines.

Also looking for NOS or used unfaded translite.

#135 6 years ago

I think I asked this elsewhere but I’ve seen people swap in clear or colored pop caps.

Where did you guys source these? Someone once told me that B/W caps fit....but I really don’t see how that is possible?

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I think I asked this elsewhere but I’ve seen people swap in clear or colored pop caps.
Where did you guys source these? Someone once told me that B/W caps fit....but I really don’t see how that is possible?

They are swapping the gottlieb pop bumper bodies for Bally/Williams style bodies. Then the B/W style caps fit.

1 month later
#137 5 years ago

I ended up finding some extra pieces while cleaning up so pm me if your interested.

8A87EA8C-3956-4055-93ED-4DF51474BEE1 (resized).jpeg8A87EA8C-3956-4055-93ED-4DF51474BEE1 (resized).jpeg

04C2E9EA-4018-4233-A95E-25C8B14A07C6 (resized).jpeg04C2E9EA-4018-4233-A95E-25C8B14A07C6 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#138 5 years ago

I'd love to hear the background story on the origin of the Genesis backglass. Has it's history been documented anywhere? IPMDB says Don Marshall did the backglass. The Pinball Compendium explains John Trudeau's inspiration from Metropolis. I'd like to know who those three people are in real life, how they came to be in a photo together, where are they now, etc....

What a divisive backglass! When I saw it in my childhood, I thought, "if that's what it's like to be an adult, I'll just stay a kid, thanks."

genesis (resized).jpggenesis (resized).jpg

#139 5 years ago

I’m in the club! For over a year mine has sat in storage wrapped up, been accumulating parts to refresh this sweet game!

#140 5 years ago

Hi guys !
First post here. I just finished restoration/customization of a Genesis who hadn't been playing for 15 years.
As long as I picked up a couple of ideas, tricks and items from this forum, I thought I would share few pictures.

Playfield has been fully touched up, clear coated, full led have been installed.
All ground mods have been done, few coils and a big sound issue fixed.
Customization has been done on the Metropolis theme with new homemade translite and stickers and of course the clear ramps from Freeplay40 (Great job man !)
I still miss the side rails but it will be done soon.

A fully detailed post is available here, but, pardon my french, putain it's in french.
https://www.flipjuke.fr/premiere-restauration-personnalisation-gottlieb-genesis-t130833.html

Thanks for the help and the great forum !

GENESIS-FINAL-1 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL-1 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-FINAL-2 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL-2 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-FINAL-4 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL-4 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-BACKGLASS1-1 (resized).jpgGENESIS-BACKGLASS1-1 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-FINAL-3 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL-3 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-FINAL2--4 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL2--4 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-FINAL2--5 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL2--5 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-FINAL2--3 (resized).jpgGENESIS-FINAL2--3 (resized).jpg
GENESIS-CAISSE-2-6 (resized).jpgGENESIS-CAISSE-2-6 (resized).jpg

GENESIS-CAISSE-5 (resized).jpgGENESIS-CAISSE-5 (resized).jpg

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from samish:

Hi guys !
First post here. I just finished restoration/customization of a Genesis who hadn't been playing for 15 years.
As long as I picked up a couple of ideas, tricks and items from this forum, I thought I would share few pictures.
Playfield has been fully touched up, clear coated, full led have been installed.
All ground mods have been done, few coils and a big sound issue fixed.
Customization has been done on the Metropolis theme with new homemade translite and stickers and of course the clear ramps from freeplay40 (Great job man !)
I still miss the side rails but it will be done soon.
A fully detailed post is available here, but, pardon my french, putain it's in french.
https://www.flipjuke.fr/premiere-restauration-personnalisation-gottlieb-genesis-t130833.html
Thanks for the help and the great forum !

Stunning! Great work!!

1 week later
#143 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Picked up a project Genesis yesterday. Noticed that the drop targets are cracked, and probably won't last long. Anyone know where to find new ones? Thanks!

#144 5 years ago

Pinball resourse

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Just joined the club. Picked up a project Genesis yesterday. Noticed that the drop targets are cracked, and probably won't last long. Anyone know where to find new ones? Thanks!

In addition to above, here: https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=A-11905-W

#147 5 years ago

Just picked up a Genesis. I'll have to go through and read this whole thread soon.

One quick question - what are the TWO Black buttons on the front of the cabinet under the shooter rod ? TWO buttons ??

First I have encountered this arrangement so I am ignorant. What is the function of each of those two buttons ?

Thanks

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just picked up a Genesis. I'll have to go through and read this whole thread soon.
One quick question - what are the TWO Black buttons on the front of the cabinet under the shooter rod ? TWO buttons ??
First I have encountered this arrangement so I am ignorant. What is the function of each of those two buttons ?
Thanks

You use them to enter your initials when you achieve a high score. They are also used while in test mode. You hold down the left button to pause during the lamp or solenoid test. During those tests it cycles through all of the bulbs or solenoids. If you press the left button, it will stop on which ever one it is currently on.

#149 5 years ago

Thanks. Still have to get the game in my house. Noticed the buttons when loading. Got the game this weekend from my sons neighbor. Walked it across the alley on Saturday from the sellers garage to my sons garage. Picked up Sunday from my sons place. Need to get it in my house in the next couple days and get started on this project as time permits.

Looks like it will be fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
Various novelties
There are 471 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-genesis-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.