(Topic ID: 298629)

The Games, 80A Dipswitch Meanings?

By northwind

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northwind.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Mechanically and electronically, I've got this game running perfectly. Now I'm digging in a little further and unless my Google-fu has turned into Google-flu, I'm having one heck of a time trying to determine what certain dip switches mean on this table. Some are obvious, eg "Maximum Credits" or "Balls/Game" but others I'm not entirely sure and was hoping someone here could fill me in or point me in the right direction. I've got the manual but it assumes I know what I'm doing.

Switch 22 - Playfield Special. ON is Extra Ball, OFF is Special... Mine is ON, and when I complete 2 olympic games, it lights the extra ball lights and gives me a chance to get an extra ball. I flipped it OFF, same behavior. Any ideas what "Special" means?
Switch 23/24 - High Game To Date Awards. Options are None / None / 2 Replay / 3 Replay. Does this mean if I set it to "2 Replay" and hit a new high score, the game will let me replay twice without adding credits?
Switch 26 - Match. Mine is currently set to "OFF". Does it force it into a multi-player match by default?
Switch 27 - Replay Limit. Mine is currently set to "No Limit" - other option is 1 Replay. What does Replay mean?
Switch 28 - Novelty. From some research this apparently disables extra ball / replay and makes the same strictly focus on achieving a specific score... not sure though.
Switch 29 - Game Mode. Mine is set to "Extra Ball" as opposed to replay. I can trigger an extra ball, but I'm still confused as to whether replay is like a continue to a game after 3 balls have been expended or is simply an additional "free" game.

My table also has an instruction card, it states an extra ball at 600k and 1500k. So far I haven't seen that occur. I usually sail past 600k on most plays and the highest score I've hit is just over 1.3 million on 3 balls.

Thanks, all!

#3 2 years ago

Thank you VERY much!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northwind.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-games-80a-dipswitch-meanings?tu=northwind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.