Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by Inkochnito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 70 days ago

Mechanically and electronically, I've got this game running perfectly. Now I'm digging in a little further and unless my Google-fu has turned into Google-flu, I'm having one heck of a time trying to determine what certain dip switches mean on this table. Some are obvious, eg "Maximum Credits" or "Balls/Game" but others I'm not entirely sure and was hoping someone here could fill me in or point me in the right direction. I've got the manual but it assumes I know what I'm doing.

Switch 22 - Playfield Special. ON is Extra Ball, OFF is Special... Mine is ON, and when I complete 2 olympic games, it lights the extra ball lights and gives me a chance to get an extra ball. I flipped it OFF, same behavior. Any ideas what "Special" means?
Switch 23/24 - High Game To Date Awards. Options are None / None / 2 Replay / 3 Replay. Does this mean if I set it to "2 Replay" and hit a new high score, the game will let me replay twice without adding credits?
Switch 26 - Match. Mine is currently set to "OFF". Does it force it into a multi-player match by default?
Switch 27 - Replay Limit. Mine is currently set to "No Limit" - other option is 1 Replay. What does Replay mean?
Switch 28 - Novelty. From some research this apparently disables extra ball / replay and makes the same strictly focus on achieving a specific score... not sure though.
Switch 29 - Game Mode. Mine is set to "Extra Ball" as opposed to replay. I can trigger an extra ball, but I'm still confused as to whether replay is like a continue to a game after 3 balls have been expended or is simply an additional "free" game.

My table also has an instruction card, it states an extra ball at 600k and 1500k. So far I haven't seen that occur. I usually sail past 600k on most plays and the highest score I've hit is just over 1.3 million on 3 balls.

Thanks, all!

#2 70 days ago
Quoted from northwind:

Any ideas what "Special" means?

A special either awards an extra ball, some points, or a replay. Awarding balls/points/replays depends upon other game settings.

Quoted from northwind:

Does this mean if I set it to "2 Replay" and hit a new high score, the game will let me replay twice without adding credits?

Yes, a replay is a free game. So, 2 free games.

Quoted from northwind:

Mine is currently set to "OFF". Does it force it into a multi-player match by default?

Match is the number matching at the end of a game (the last two digits of your score and a randomly generated 2-digit number). If those numbers match, you earn a replay (free game). Some people opt to turn off this feature when the game is on free play, especially with older games that don't have any special animations like on DMD games.

Quoted from northwind:

Replay Limit. Mine is currently set to "No Limit" - other option is 1 Replay. What does Replay mean?

The player can only earn a maximum of 1 replay (free game) while playing, or unlimited free games.

Quoted from northwind:

Novelty. From some research this apparently disables extra ball / replay and makes the same strictly focus on achieving a specific score... not sure though.

Yes, novelty setting just gives extra points instead of extra balls and replays. (this is also what helps determine what the specials award). The novelty setting exists because some operators prefer not to give away balls/games, and more importantly because in some areas, replays run afoul of anti-gambling laws and must be disabled in order for the game to be legally allowed to be operated in those areas.

Quoted from northwind:

but I'm still confused as to whether replay is like a continue to a game after 3 balls have been expended or is simply an additional "free" game.

It's a free game. Only extra balls extend a game.

Quoted from northwind:

My table also has an instruction card, it states an extra ball at 600k and 1500k. So far I haven't seen that occur.

If I remember right, you should be able to set the point thresholds in game diagnostics/test mode. You'll have to refer to the manual on how to navigate the menus since it's numeric-based.

#3 70 days ago

Thank you VERY much!

#4 70 days ago

If you need/want other score cards, just send me a pm.
I can help you with a file for printing new cards.

Peter
http://www.inkochnito.nl

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside