(Topic ID: 52183)

The game you can't stand that is supposed to be an 'A-list' machine...

By zucot

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by kmoore88
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stirthepot.gif
th.jpeg
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

O-din, I'm not hating on GNR, but surprised that no other pinsider has disliked it so far in this thread.

Because it's no A title? That'd be my guess.

#202 10 years ago

I don't think anyone hates these machine at a point than even if it was the only machine in existence in the world they would not play it. We like pinball too much. but a good old fashion bashing is very healty sometimes. Just for fun. All these machines have something going on for them. Only Funhouse is bad......cause of that creepy dummy

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For the record I don't hate TZ. Its not my favorite and I can take it or leave it.
I was more making a comment on other game critics that greatly exaggerate their dislike of a title. They will bash certain titles repeatedly and at any opportunity seemingly bewildered as to how anyone could possible like it. *groan*
How anyone can "hate" any game is beyond me. But then I do have birthing hips so...

Couldn't agree more, and is pretty much what I was saying earlier in the thread. It's all relative though.

#204 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

AFM for me. It just seems like there is nothing to shoot at.

Maybe they should put a big object in the middle like a spaceship.

Just messing with you. Many of these games are either you love it or hate it.

#205 10 years ago

I've had my TZ a little over 3 years now, and I consider it a cornerstone of my collection. It hasn't been getting a ton of play lately because I picked up three new Sterns in the last year. This thread actually got me to walk up to it tonight to give it a play for $hit$ and giggles. Three extra balls won, Lost In the Zone, (only the second time ever for me), and over 1 Billion score. Yup, still phawking awesome! imho

#206 10 years ago

Of all the "A" list games TZ and TAF were the easiest for me to beat.
I enjoy both games, but my last two TZ's were a maintenance headache.

#207 10 years ago

STTNG, CFTBL, LOTR, TOTAN ( which my son loves), MB - Don't hate, just not my A-list - would walk right by all of them to play CP, which is why Baskin Robbins sells more than vanilla!

#208 10 years ago

I like the game.... but because I think its overrated and there are other games I would much rather play and pay less for.....MM.

#209 10 years ago

Tron and STTNG. Terrible games

#210 10 years ago

AFM, MB, MM you name it. Plenty on that A list that don't deserve to be there. THey arn't horrible games, but they are so shallow, or easy, or empty, they should be priced in the C list range. AFM because the game is an empty playfield with flippers, and shallow rules. MM because of the daunting rules and boring ass fan pattern layout. And MB because it's so damn easy you'll finish everything it has to offer in about 3 games. 3rd time i've played MB ever in my life, I got monsters of rock twice in the same game. Yea, they are cute and have cute jokes, but when it fades off, and you rely on gameplay and diverse rules to keep you going, they fail badly.

#212 10 years ago

Simpsons doh doh doh and the creepy homer head wasting space

#213 10 years ago

Scared Stiff

#214 10 years ago

TSPP for sure. I HAD to have that game and love The Simpsons....couldn't wait to get rid of it.

TZ didn't really do anything for me either...cool game, but not that cool.

CFTBL.....does nothin for me.

#215 10 years ago

AFM.
Sooo contrived. That whole "shoot to hear a quote" style of gameplay doesnt do it for me, I understand that it sells a lot of games though and is great for people new to the game.

Whilst I think MM has funny dialogue, AFM isn't funny at all.
Theres a ton of games at half the price that I think offer so much more.

But, opinionz obviously, and I'm not trying to take away from anyone else's

Post edited by OrochiLeona : read really badly

#217 10 years ago

I've owned and sold TZ, CV, TAF and have no desire to bring any of them back into my collection. I've actually owned and sold TZ twice! Thought I was wrong about it the first time and then realized I was actually right!

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from top1percent:

Thought I was wrong about it the first time and then realized I was actually right!

I'm always right.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong.

#219 10 years ago

CV and Tron....snore...

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

3rd time i've played MB ever in my life, I got monsters of rock twice in the same game.

So why didn't you take home some loot a PAPA last year?

Snap.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

So why didn't you take home some loot a PAPA last year?
Snap.

because MB wasn't in my lineup.

#222 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yea, they are cute and have cute jokes, but when it fades off, and you rely on gameplay and diverse rules to keep you going, they fail badly.

Ultimately you could say this about any pin in a small collection.

#223 10 years ago

All the over priced "A" list titles. Paying over about $2500 for ANY pinball machine just doesn't make any sense when there are 100 or more great titles that can be purchased for under $2500.

I don't care who you are or what you like NO ONE can tell me buying a MM for $15,000 will give you 6 to 8 times the enjoyment of owning 6 to 8 "B" list titles.

Money guys driving up the price of a dozen or so "A" list titles don't make them worth the prices people are paying for them. Dollar per Dollar MOST "B & C" list titles are a better deal and will yield better return over the long run when you are ready to sell.

#224 10 years ago

ones I'm not a fan of... fish tales, theatre of magic, totan, cirqv...

#225 10 years ago

TSPP, just feels like work. Love the show, hate the pin.

Also have a really hard time getting into TAF. I WANT to like it, I just don't.

#226 10 years ago

Totan? Not my favorite. Tz rocks.

#227 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon, by a wide margin. It is the worst bang for your buck pin out there and I can't believe what people pay for it.

#228 10 years ago

ANY John Popaduik game. ToM is boring as hell, CV is WAY too easy and a lot of you know, TOTAN is one of my all time hated games. I took a $400 loss on it to get it the Hell out of my house.
Great artwork, decent themes, but the shots and the rules feel like it has training wheels on it and meant for newbie players.
I've own all 3 and spent lots of time on them so don't try to convince me otherwise.

Worst designer IMHO and people that are dumping $15K or whatever for one of his imaginary games should seek professional help.

D

#229 10 years ago

I hate The SHadow...I would almost rather play Raven...Just a chore to play. STTNG is a drain monster, and all the fanfare for LOTR's...I think it's the ugliest modern pin, although I have never seen the movie...so it might make a difference.

#230 10 years ago

My least favorite is CFTBL. Then TOM.

I like most others these just do not do it for me at all. CFTBL I wish had more depth. TOM just is not exciting to me and gets stale after long ball times.

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

My least favorite is CFTBL. Then TOM.
I like most others these just do not do it for me at all. CFTBL I wish had more depth. TOM just is not exciting to me and gets stale after long ball times.

I'm not sure if many people consider these A listers anyway - more long solid B lister games; both have experienced price increases in the past 18 months, maybe they are A lister's now . . . but that would only be recent.

#232 10 years ago

AFM & TOTAN. Both suck.

#233 10 years ago

AFM had been a wish list game for me for years. That ended at the TPF this year and I don't really know why; the examples of it that were there were all very nice examples. Just for some reason the itch I had for that game just all the sudden didn't need to be scratched any more. I think it was I decided I wanted a RFM more than an AFM.

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Ultimately you could say this about any pin in a small collection.

and it's true. No matter what game you own. If it's your only game, or one of 2, it's going to get old. Only option that never gets old, is the virtual pinball. That never gets old because you have 100's of machines on it. Great alternative when your out of space.

#235 10 years ago

JimJim - Exactly. There is a big spaceship there to hit again and again and again and again and again and again. When should I try one of those "loopy" shots. As always, to each his own. Just not for me... especially at 7K+

#236 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Ah man they really need to do something about these ratings. Any one can vote......any one.

Sounds like the USA

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I absolutely hate Williams Indiana Jones. If I had to buy one under the terms that i could never sell it, i wouldn't pay more than $500 for it. Not one second of any game played for me even approached what i would consider fun.

I hear you, although I really *want* to like this game - I think it looks awesome, and the music & sounds are great. It's just such a clunker though.

If I had space for half a dozen more machines though, I would probably pick one up - it looks great, and my wife and I both love the movies...

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

+1. Never got the appeal of TZ.

+1.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-game-you-cant-stand-that-is-supposed-to-be-an-a-list-machine/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.