(Topic ID: 95000)

the game room guys tried to screw me !!!!

By jrush2112

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesTYQC7NX5.jpg
    th-1-542.jpeg
    main-junk-car.jpg
    1936419_111920141985_4538869_n.jpg
    Fp1V0FI.gif
    tumblr_m55msiaxKv1rxh1u4o1_500.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Generally, I don't have much use for retail outfits. There are a few who are wonderful assets to the hobby, but I've heard this same story from a few different people about this vendor. I believe they tried to swoop in on a deal I had made with a guy, but my seller also stood firm on his deal with me in the face of their phone calls to him, trying to persuade him to sell the game to them instead. Even when the seller had told them that I had rented a van and was on the way - driving the 100+ miles to get there, they said they could get there before me, and would give the seller an extra 50 bucks.
    To me, that's not "business", that's sleazy. Good on the seller for sticking to our deal (which was really just my agreement to pay his full asking price).

A few years back the same thing happened on a transaction I was involved in. The seller and I agreed to meet within the hour (I was his first email), but he was inexperienced and gave out his address to the 2nd emailer...GRG. They showed up before me unannounced with the "well we were here first so sell us the pins." The seller realized his mistake and they actually got into a verbal argument ending in "Who the f*** do you think you are? Get the f*** off my property!"

I was unaware of all of this when I showed up and the seller was still fired up about it. Said he learned his lesson about not giving out contact info until necessary. He was completely cool with me though. It was one of those where I went for a quick purchase/pickup and ended up hanging out in his shop drinking beer. I love those runs.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underspin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-game-room-guys-tried-to-screw-me?tu=underspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.