(Topic ID: 95000)

the game room guys tried to screw me !!!!

By jrush2112

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 98 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagesTYQC7NX5.jpg
    th-1-542.jpeg
    main-junk-car.jpg
    1936419_111920141985_4538869_n.jpg
    Fp1V0FI.gif
    tumblr_m55msiaxKv1rxh1u4o1_500.gif
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

no, he could still be market value and they could very well choose to pay above that.

Market value is what the item would fetch on the open market. Since the GRG were willing to pay above what the OP was willing to pay, GRG's offer was market value, and what the OP paid was what he thought was fair for the game. Which I think the OP paid a totally fair price.

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

What if someone breaks their word because they found out they were getting ripped off?

It doesn't matter what the situation is, if a deal is struck and you give someone your word, you should stick to it. There are always exceptions, but this is the rule that I live by.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I disagree.
    It's never OK to rip someone off.

I didn't say it was okay to rip someone off, just made the point that I am a man of my word, and I expect everyone I encounter to be as well. It is only common courtesy.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Ive overpaid above market for games because I wanted it now. The fact I was willing ot overpay does not mean what I paid was the market price. In order to guarantee I got that game at that time I paid above the market. No single sale sets market.

You are confused. What you did was the definition of paying market value for the game. Market value is defined as the amount something can be sold for on any given market. There is no setting of market, there is only a buyer and a seller. The buyer always pays market price, the seller always gets market price. You can do research and come up with a range that you think is fair to pay for that game, but the market value of that game is not determined until the money changes hands.

In your situation the market was you and however many other potential buyers that were interested in that game. You paid market price and got the game. The market dictated that in order for you to get that game you needed to pay a certain price and you paid it. The fact that historical sale prices for that game and other people's opinions of the price you paid says you overpaid, it doesn't change the fact that you paid market value for that game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-game-room-guys-tried-to-screw-me?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.