Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 212 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

719ru8 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    0995EED8-339D-4F41-B876-3AC4C60A6208 (resized).jpeg
    bye.jpg
    412_49_1024x1024 (resized).jpeg
    Comedy-channel-meno-fb-post2.jpg (resized).jpg
    cherry (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 6 years ago

I thought it would be good to have a thread where we could ask where a poster has gone or why a poster has been banned. I have seen this on other forums and it has worked nicely.

I was reading through a old thread today and saw @Rarehero's name. I noticed he just stopped posting one day. Does anyone know if he was banned or just stopped visiting?

#2 6 years ago

@RobT?

#3 6 years ago

Mine would be @McCune, was such a loss to all us pinheads. His knowledge, wit, overall just a good dude. He had always one of the best tech and restore threads.
    Harley D.

#4 6 years ago

I spoke to Rarehero recently via email - good guy, a lot of Family Guy knowledge.
    He left here because of perceived issues with mods flagging his posts when others weren't flagged. He was sick of putting up with it.

#5 6 years ago

Mine would be o-din

Haven't seen that guy around in years. Heard he blew $212000 on hookers and blow and his heart exploded.

#6 6 years ago

@Centerflank
    @Gambit
    @JarJarIsGod

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I spoke to rarehero recently via email - good guy, a lot of Family Guy knowledge.
    He left here because of perceived issues with mods flagging his posts when others weren't flagged. He was sick of putting up with it.

Thanks for the response. This is exactly what I thought this thread could be used for.

#8 6 years ago

Also losing tracelifter was a drag...his humor and resto knowledge is missed....he left for reasons similar to those mentioned

#9 6 years ago

centerflank was a good one. Most of those people all have one thing in common. They posted a ton and were involved in a lot of high drama threads. That type of thread leads to more moderation and those guys just seem to burn out.

#10 6 years ago

doughslingers is another good guy that doesn't really use pinside anymore. He made a thread about Rocky Horror being the next stern release and people were pretty mean to him. Haven't really seen him back since. He's still selling a lot of games and is active in the hobby though.

#11 6 years ago

@Waspinat0r. Stopped posting after everyone gave him flak over his constant buying and selling. Was very entertaining

#12 6 years ago

Last year Jean-Luc-Picard vanished. Guy up in north cali. Had great collection and did a lot of buying and selling.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Waspinat0r. Stopped posting after everyone gave him flak over his constant buying and selling. Was very entertaining

I didn't realize he stopped posting. That's to bad. He seemed to really enjoy the hobby.

#14 6 years ago

I felt he was a major loss for the site. I hoped he would come back one day but seems to have moved on. He generated a lot of hysterical posts and good ideas for the community.

#15 6 years ago

Haven't seen BLACK_ROSE around in a while. He was a major positive presence back in the day. Always entertaining posts from that guy,,,,

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Doughslingers is another good guy that doesn't really use pinside anymore. He made a thread about Rocky Horror being the next stern release and people were pretty mean to him. Haven't really seen him back since. He's still selling a lot of games and is active in the hobby though.

I think he uses Facebook for the majority of his dealings and has good luck.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I spoke to rarehero recently via email - good guy, a lot of Family Guy knowledge.

RH still pops in every once in awhile but it's always the same. It involves GB and he can't help himself.

#18 6 years ago

Paging Mr. RadRog.
    Mr. RadRog, your super awesome collection holding on line 2.

#19 6 years ago

The omnipresent vitriol probably doesn't help.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Paging Mr. RadRog.
    Mr. RadRog, your super awesome collection holding on line 2.

Marina is on line one.....your boat is still awesome!

#21 6 years ago

I liked Centerflank.

#22 6 years ago

Houseofpins, I miss his hilarious, rambling posts.

#24 6 years ago

Centerflank is greatly missed. He popped up to post a pic of him flipping the bird in the Apron of a Destiny thread a while back, but otherwise MIA. Hope he’s still playing pinball anyway.

#25 6 years ago

viperrwk - provided good technical advice and repair guides

Acejedi - also provided good technical advice, especially on some obscure stuff

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I felt he was a major loss for the site. I hoped he would come back one day but seems to have moved on. He generated a lot of hysterical posts and good ideas for the community.

Ditto that. Technical guides are great and an awesome part of Pinside, along with the guys like Lloyd, Vid etc. whose knowledge help people immensely BUT guys like the Flanker are just good funny people that I and many other people here would like to hang out with and drink a beer or three.

It's really a shame he's gone

#28 6 years ago

@Dirtflipper. A great EM tech and a wealth of knowledge. Still around and still maintains an awesome collection. I believe his new job keeps him pretty busy.

#29 6 years ago

beelzeboob liked reading his posts. Is he gone for good? It's been 3 months from his last post.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Mine would be o-din
    Haven't seen that guy around in years. Heard he blew $212000 on hookers and blow and his heart exploded.

oh shit, i was just joking! Rip!

#31 6 years ago

@coasterguy, haven't heard from him in ages. You see a lot of people come and go once you've been here long enough.

#32 6 years ago

HELLODEADCITY , he was a moderator here for a long time and had a really funny outlook on things. Not sure what he is up to these days, but he hasn't logged in to Pinside in over a year.

#33 6 years ago

@viperrwk

Quoted from ForceFlow:

viperrwk - provided good technical advice and repair guides
    acejedi - also provided good technical advice, especially on some obscure stuff

Second that.

#34 6 years ago

@the_dude_abides
    @BlondeTall

Where are they Tiger?

#35 6 years ago

Yeah The_Dude_Abides was a great positive presence here way back. Almost forgot about him

#36 6 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

Yeah the_dude_abides was a great positive presence here way back. Almost forgot about him

Hard to keep track of people that have such common avatars...i never know which dude it is.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

the_dude_abides
    BlondeTall
    Where are they Tiger?

Busy with life outside of Pinside.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hard to keep track of people that have such common avatars...i never know which dude it is.

Maybe some or all of these guys still come here and post, but to be honest I don't read every thread anymore. My interests are still strongly pinball, but posting here has dropped off significantly for me at least.

#39 6 years ago

boneman91 Anybody that gives away a free EM pinball is someone we need more of on this board. Yes a free pinball.

#40 6 years ago

No one is mentioning Kaneda and his Magical podcast?? (Seriously, I counted use of the word magic/magical over 20x in a 25 minute podcast. Any mention of Magic Girl, Theatre of Magic was not counted either. Yikes! That's a lot of magic)

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

You see a lot of people come and go once you've been here long enough.

It’s going to happen. True of everything. Our local league had a lapsed player from back in the day come back and he only knew one of our current players. The league is way stronger and bigger now than his day as well.

#42 6 years ago

R.I.P.

Kevin @ SkitB
    Andrew @ HeighwayPinball
    JPOP @ Zidware

#43 6 years ago

The next time you are thinking of attacking a poster, going overboard on negative responses to someone or something, calling them names. Stop and think first what Pinside loses when they've had enough and move on.

Have your say once, and let it go. That is what I'd do.

We lost a biggie recently, though most don't know it yet. I'm sure he'll close his Pinside account.

LTG : (

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

The next time you are thinking of attacking a poster, going overboard on negative responses to someone or something, calling them names. Stop and think first what Pinside loses when they've had enough and move on.

Yes, for sure. A lot of people's point of view is that the person needs to get thicker skin or learn to deal with it. But the way a lot of people deal with the hostility and attacks it is to figure it isn't worth it and leave. As I've gotten older I find I have less interest in arguing. It is time wasted that I could be doing something productive.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Centerflank
    Gambit
    JarJarIsGod

JarJarIsGod always made me laugh.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

Waspinat0r. Stopped posting after everyone gave him flak over his constant buying and selling. Was very entertaining

Correction: He left after his wife told him to. She thought we were being too mean to him. They could dish it out but couldn't handle it themselves.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

beelzeboob liked reading his posts. Is he gone for good? It's been 3 months from his last post.

he is stil active on FB, but pinball seems to be taking a back seat at the moment

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Have your say once, and let it go. That is what I'd do.
    We lost a biggie recently, though most don't know it yet. I'm sure he'll close his Pinside account.
    LTG : (

yup, too many people like to constantly troll other members

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

the_dude_abides
    BlondeTall

The dude is here still, just not as prolific as he was a year ago but he's still actively moderating and will respond to moderator feedback threads. He did take a three or four month break about six months ago but returned.

BT is taking a bit of a break currently but will be back at some point.

#50 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

We lost a biggie recently, though most don't know it yet.

I'm still here!

There are 212 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-forgotten-where-are-they-now?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.