(Topic ID: 81233)

The Forest Inn in Arlington Virginia has a 1979 Genie in the back.

By fna_royam

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by westofrome
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

genie.jpg

#1 5 years ago

The Forest Inn, 5849 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22205 , has a Genie in the back set to 50 cents for 3 balls. The 3 special scores are set to award extra balls and are set quite low for the first 2 extra balls and a little more chalanging for the 3rd extra ball so it's really more like 50 cents for at least 5 balls. Scoring is a bit more robust on the 3 ball setting as well. The location sells food, mixed drinks and beer - nothing too fancy. It's located just a few doors down from Westover Market, www.westovermarket.com , that has over 1,000 different types of Beer for sale and good grub to boot, so both are quite interesting places to check out.

#2 5 years ago

Looking forward to checking it out.

#3 5 years ago

Wonder how long it's been there, and if they own it or an op does. Will have to go check it out soon. Gives me hope of finding undiscovered gems out there in the wild...

#4 5 years ago

Also a variety/hardware store next door. I like those kind of places - will have to check it out. Thanks. I also added it to www.pinballmap.com btw

#5 5 years ago

Yes, Ayers Variety & Hardware is also fantastic. I get my puzzles, bird seed and my duct tape wallets from there.

#6 5 years ago

Behold the beast that is Genie at the Forest Inn. It was turned off when I got there, but played fine once I turned it on. No chimes, don't know if they were turned off or just not working. Upper right flipper sticks. Otherwise OK. Looks like they're getting a branch of the Italian Store a few doors down, lucky.

genie.jpg
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

No chimes, don't know if they were turned off or just not working.

I don't think most Solid State games had chimes, except for a few, like Time Machine

#8 5 years ago

The chimes are working now!

#9 5 years ago

Cool - do you go there often? If so let them know that another pin in the place of their vid (and fixing the upper right flipper on Genie) could make for a little pin destination...

#10 5 years ago

I head out there a few times a week. I'm trying to convince them to get rid of that bowling machine, no one ever seems to use it.

2 weeks later
#11 5 years ago

Upper right flipper is fixed- and i might just convince them yet to put another pin in.

#12 5 years ago

Cool - if there's someone I should email to voice my support, let me know.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 289.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.99
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside