The Force is with me...but what's next?

By I_See_Pin_People

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hope everyone had a good restful holiday. I'm a newer pin owner with Star Wars Comic Pro being my first machine. It's a fun, sometimes brutal game that I'm enjoying more and more every day and a theme I couldn't pass up on. The big question I have now is, what game would compliment and be different enough to to go well with a Star Wars pin and be fun for my family to play as well? Wish I could go to some arcades and play more of these pins, but not much of an option right now with COVID. I've been looking at both JP2 and TMNT, but am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

I have both Star Wars, turtles and JP. Both your new ideas are great games - turtles is fast and brutal vs JP is deeper with challenging rules. I don’t you think you can go wrong with either. Glad to give you more information or thoughts of you would like.

#3 3 years ago

rodcom Thanks for the info! Is Jurassic Park easy for anyone to step up to and play? I love the Turtles theme, but I am worried that I could be getting into 2 really fast games that are hard to play. I have no problem taking the time to learn a game and really enjoy that, but would also love a game that anyone can step up to and enjoy.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

rodcom Thanks for the info! Is Jurassic Park easy for anyone to step up to and play? I love the Turtles theme, but I am worried that I could be getting into 2 really fast games that are hard to play. I have no problem taking the time to learn a game and really enjoy that, but would also love a game that anyone can step up to and enjoy.

I will throw in a vote for Guardians of the galaxy. Very easy to understand, but deep enough to keep you interested. Worse case scenario, just tell guests to keep hitting Groot.

#5 3 years ago

I have a JP and while I believe it’s the best game out there right now the rules are not super straight forward. Casual players like hitting the truck and starting T Rex multiball or going for raptor multiball but beyond that most are lost.
I have put a lot of time in on Guardians and would highly recommend that. It’s very straight forward with both the multiballs and the modes, yet fairly challenging to get to the wizard modes.

#6 3 years ago

Attack from Mars remake, easy to understand rules, a proven top ten of all time.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from I_See_Pin_People:

Hope everyone had a good restful holiday. I'm a newer pin owner with Star Wars Comic Pro being my first machine. It's a fun, sometimes brutal game that I'm enjoying more and more every day and a theme I couldn't pass up on. The big question I have now is, what game would compliment and be different enough to to go well with a Star Wars pin and be fun for my family to play as well? Wish I could go to some arcades and play more of these pins, but not much of an option right now with COVID. I've been looking at both JP2 and TMNT, but am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Deadpool would be my recommendation. It has that addictive one more game feel with great family friendly humor, amazing sound track, and approachable rule set for all skill levels.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Attack from Mars remake, easy to understand rules, a proven top ten of all time.

Listen to the Freeeeeeek Kingdom: AFM is a great game for beginners and pros alike, as is its doppelganger, Stranger Things. (Don't listen to the naysayers on Pinside...it's really a fun game that people at my house play more than any other game.) If questionable content for your kids is an issue, AFM is more family-friendly. Or consider a game with longer than normal ball times, like Lord of the Rings. Beginners like playing that because they don't drain every 5 seconds.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Listen to the Freeeeeeek Kingdom: AFM is a great game for beginners and pros alike, as is its doppelganger, Stranger Things. (Don't listen to the naysayers on Pinside...it's really a fun game that people at my house play more than any other game.) If questionable content for your kids is an issue, AFM is more family-friendly. Or consider a game with longer than normal ball times, like Lord of the Rings. Beginners like playing that because they don't drain every 5 seconds.

I second Stranger Things. We were going to get Attack From Mars remake special edition and we were playing Stranger things at Tilt Studios and we really liked it. We went and played an Attack From Mars SE at a different location to try it again and we didn’t care for it anymore. Even my daughters did nothing have as much fun with at after playing Stranger Things.

I bought a pro for Christmas and the family loves it. Nothing scary or inappropriate that I have seen but there is an adult setting you can turn on and off. If you can get a deposit down for Elvira I would get that one also. I put a deposit down for one. Really fun game and can’t wait to get it. Now waiting for the Godzilla reveal next.

#10 3 years ago

SW is a tough game, would be good to add a game with longer ball times. Someone mentioned deadpool which is great. DP is straight forward, funny as hell, and a bit easier. My first two games were SW and Deadpool. Turtles is another very tough pin and I would think you would want a changeup from SW. JP2 would be a great add imo. Could also do something like Wonka to mix it up. Just know the more you get the more you want! Pins multiply until you run out of room.

#11 3 years ago

Glad you are looking at buying another pin ... cos you can never have just one!

AFM and Stranger Things have an open PF and are easy and fun to play, and keep drawing you back for another game. They aren't a brutal as JP2 or Turtles, but if looking at these 2 then JP2 would be my pick.

#12 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I wasn't even looking at Guardians, Stranger Things or Deadpool as options. I'll have to do some research and see if any of those might work for us.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 16.00
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 7,999.00
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-force-is-with-mebut-what-s-next?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.