6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4277 RULES: Foo Fighters Mode Chart Posted by pinbuoy (1 year ago)

Post #4688 Dead post adjustments Posted by WildRover (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Godzilla's building is really cool, but I'm well past the point of "awe" and more annoyed than anything as I want for it to crash so I can get back to playing already! Same with JP T-Rex eating the ball, or AIQs tunnel, etc. None of these things enhance gameplay, but they do create great pinball moments. Some people want that in their machines but I find them more annoying in the long run.

I don't know, what you call a "pinball moment" enhances gameplay (to me, at least). I never get sick of the GZ building (which is both a ball diverter and ball lock) or JP T-Rex (which has different choreography for each MB mode).

1 month later
#3929 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

It’s a shame at 9500 a prem doesn’t come with them as LZ did .

Sure, but the bigger bummer is the add-on light kits are extremely rare!

3 weeks later
#4581 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You want a VUK? Thats the biggest flow killer of all time. The Premium has PLENTY of flow. In fact the upper playfield has TWO loops full of flow + another spinner. Also, if you really want the ball back to the lower flipper, just don't flip and it will return basically just as fast as the pro. You still get Area 51 progress, just not as much as when you keep it up there doing loops.

Exactly...just don't flip and you get the fast return. I have a few days on my LE and I like the upper PF loop, spinner and targets (and I'm typically not into them, with the exception of WH20). I also think the pin is so fast/brutal, that the upper PF is a nice place to chill for a moment

#4595 12 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I want a premium myself, but having played a lot of games on both premium and pro, I can say that even though technically the shape of the ramp and whatnot is the same on the premium (if you don't flip) the flow is just not the same, or at least as smooth and satisfying. Theres really no way around it. On the pro you get a nice smooth ramp the whole time, on the premium/le the ball goes around, kinda gets a little slowed down on the flipper, then has to clunk down onto the ramp as it falls off the edge of the upper playfield. Is it a minor difference? Yeah it is, but I can see where people would greatly prefer the way it works on the pro a lot better, because its smooth and much more satisfying, in my opinion at least.

Wasn't my experience. I played them back to back and think the LE is every bit as smooth and fast (when you decide not to flip the upper PF). I was surprised and thought it would be as you describe (smoother on the Pro). Would be interesting to time it and have videos of both (side by side). If there is a difference, it was pretty subtle. Nevertheless, it's your opinion/experience.

#4652 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Now the price point we are at now... that's a whole different thing IMO. I hate that we now are expected to pay almost $10K to get a premium. But I can't just go to a pro on some titles, and I can either accept it or not, right?

Right...but it is painful. I was going to go Premium on FF but splurged on the LE because I really wanted the Expression Lights and Stern's track record isn't good on kit production. The color combo and real/mirrored back glass just looks sweet on the LE as well. BUT...at 13k (plus tax for supporting my local distributor), it's getting ridiculous. ~2k more than Rush LE. Totally unfamiliar with the band, but the game looks like a winner! If others agree, then it should at least hold it's value...who knows?

#4676 12 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Don’t confuse the dead post with a ball save. It isn’t. It’s a mechanical feature that can help you save a left outlane drain.
This is why the Premium is a more challenging machine than the pro. The dead post is not a 100% ball save like on the pro. The Area 51 super jackpot is WAY harder to achieve on a premium vs a pro.
It’s simply a more challenging game.

Yep. For me, the LE is one of the most challenging games Stern has produced in quite awhile. At 7, so fast. No pops to give any break from the furious play. It's all good, since I find both Rush and GZ too kind and gentle. I prefer shorter playing games, but at the moment, FFLE is a little too short a player I need to just play it more...the left ramp is one of the most deceptively dangerous shots. Sure, it is safer with the left flipper, but that's just not practical if you are going to have fun and progress with the game (the shot needs to be mastered from the right flipper).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 499.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.