6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4277 RULES: Foo Fighters Mode Chart Posted by pinbuoy (1 year ago)

Post #4688 Dead post adjustments Posted by WildRover (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

If Dave is involved this could be Great

He will be 100%

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Same pricing? 13k for LE? 9.7k for Premium?

Yes

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Let the trolling begin.
[quoted image]

Real?

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

I'm getting sick of these unoriginal pinball themes. We've had enough vans, when are we getting a pickup-truck themed game??
[quoted image]

If you grew up in the 70's and 80's vans were the coolest thing ever!!

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Jack Danger is a question mark. Only designed the JP home pin so far

I agree.

JPh was ok but... At least you know the other 3 guys were likely helping him out.

#112 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

So far, I am digging this! At first I was like "yay! Not dad rock!". Then I realized these guys were popular when I was young, and I am over 40. So they sctually are dad rock, and these other music pins are actually AARP-rock.
Thinking out loud here...this IP was probably not super expensive, which means more money for possible playfield fun stuff. Knowing how down to earth the band is, it is possible they had access to assets at the same or similar level to what JJP had with GnR. The animation in the teaser is excellent. Jack did an awesome job with a lower BOM JP home pin...so I am pretty excited to see what he can do here.
I know its the longest of long shots to make it in, but I really like their Baker Street cover.

This is "younger dad" rock LOL!

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unlike Rush, the music isn't horrible, and the soundtrack won't be endless groaner Canadian dad jokes, so those of us who aren't hardcore fans may be able to get into it also.

No need for Rush hate!

You do realize the humor can be turned down / off on Rush?

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha yes I just tried that yesterday. "Humor" is now "infrequent."
I mean, I already felt like it was pretty infrequent. But at least now they talk less.
No worries, getting rid of this game in about an hour an 15 minutes!

ok... lol

Quoted from fooflighter:

Views are blowing up on the Foo's page[quoted image]

Ah the hype!

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Now we need a Stern A-Team pin to finish the Van themed pins

YES!

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m so glad I’m over the FOMO express .That being said , I will have a decision to make which starts tonight watching they’re new movie as I just seen the bus in the trailer (i’d bet same style with a different storyline) and ends next week with the sizzle clips .I do not need a stream on this one as I have 100%confidence in JD coming out swinging .This new blood at Stern (designers ,coders , mechanical engineers ) the last 5 years is really sitting well with me .I just will need to decide next week to sell a game to fund a LE straight away or put a deposit down on a 2nd run prem so I can keep what we have and add to it I’m 95% sure I will own this pin it’s just when .

Unless you are a super fan and need and LE (even then) there is zero need to rush into this. Lots and lots of supply will be available.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

from pinballnews: It appears as though the pinball will feature an alien invasion theme, with the band saving the Earth, Ghostbusters-style. That theme would be fitting given the term ‘Foo Fighter’ was used by pilots to refer to an unidentified flying object (UFO) during World War Two.

Great angle for game play

#313 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Rush without Peart is very different than Foo without Taylor. With all due respect to Taylor....its not the same thing. Foo will go on.

download (7) (resized).jpegdownload (7) (resized).jpeg
#356 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Yeah man for a fun hobby there sure are some miserable people in it who should probably do some self reflection or something. Cesspool stuff. It’s sad because I’m new to this whole thing and I just want to have fun so it’s probably best for me stay off the internet with this and 99.9% of things (:

LOL - yep

First world wealthy people complaining and whining about expensive toys for their basement. Lol.

#377 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Can anyone else see a rush or jack black cameo in this pin?

That would be cool.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

People are comparing album sales to judge band popularity.

This.. Album sales are not as applicable anymore.

Quoted from aaron6920:

I like the theme and am looking forward to seeing Jack's layout. It's pros for me from here on out so it will have to be a good pro. Premium is getting too salty to justify for me.

Godzilla is my only premium. I love pro games. Usually faster and same shots. I'm not a collector nor do I try and make money on games.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I never give the Govt a free loan. No refunds!

Unless you are self employed you have no choice

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:How much is a typical deposit with a distro?

Unless you need to secure an LE there is zero need to put a deposit down. Don't let the FOMO get you.

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yeah if you google Foo Fighters art those are some the first images that come up. Real game is gunna look waaaaay better.

Absolutely - plus it will have aliens.

I'm excited for this pin. I don't need to own it immediately but I really want to see what JD did.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Other companies take note, this is the way to generate excitement!

I think Stern learned some lessons from the Bond debacle

#565 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

We already know "All My Life" is one of them from the teaser.

Top 3 all time FF song for me for sure - happy it's there!

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Meanwhile at the JJP camp.
[quoted image]

I don't know how GF gets exciting

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

What a great song list!

Yep. I like.

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

No actual game stuff in it! But it looks interesting for sure!

I thought we might see some game play - ug!

The animation looks good though - Game could be like Godzilla - going city to city to fight aliens.

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also I guess no expression lights? Thought they might have showed up on all of their music pins. Don't see the cut on the cabinet (for the pro model at least)

No ELs will suck

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Its a pro based on color of armor

Also has the IC card which is always the Pro

#917 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I knew Jack would not disappoint [quoted image]

Game is loaded

#958 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

damn...was not expecting this Jack. Your team did an amazing job and this will be a instant hit.

Scooby-who?? LOL

Looks sooooo much better!!!

#1005 1 year ago

High impact hit!!!

240_F_247753119_NE5VKgcrvuGrxnkXkQ5zXhDKNHMQZHkm (resized).jpg240_F_247753119_NE5VKgcrvuGrxnkXkQ5zXhDKNHMQZHkm (resized).jpg
#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Just me or is the pro art package the best?

I kind of like it best also.

Quoted from Gubbin:

Confirmed. Pro isn't expression capable to keep more fun/mechs on the PF. Pinstadiums/diy it is if you go pro.

Weird. Rush pro was capable. Pushing people to premiums I guess.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

The current pricing gap between models does beg the question whether there's space between the Pro and Prem for an actual "Promium" where for say $8200 you could get everything in the Pro, plus just the 3D sculpts, the Deadpost, and the alien magnet. I think that would be what a lot of people would want who don't like upper PF's or just wish the Pro was a bit more.
But then again half the responses to this are just going to be people saying that those things should just be in the $7K Pro model anyways.

I'm sure people will be selling 3D printed Foo vans within weeks

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I originally had no interest in this game and now I am in in an LE. I think it looks great. For me the LE is the way to go with Rock pins - getting the green powder coat, mirror backglass and the expression lighting add so much.

Wow that's a turn of events!

Quoted from manadams:

Scooby buyers be like...
I got a free topper
I got a real backglass
I got a powdercoated door
I got a better sound system
I got free speaker lights/custom speaker grills
I got a free cup holder

+ all the horseshoe shots you want!!

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's an interesting dynamic between the two. Scooby is a cartoon solving mysteries....Stern made Foo Fighters a cartoon, fighting aliens. They both have a upper playfield, they both have a van that eats balls. Assuming code is up to snuff on both, I would think Scooby is still the better value.
However, I am in the camp that Scooby is just TOO old school for me at this time in my life...whereas I can somehow justify Foo Fighters for various shallow reasons.

Love Scooby-Doo theme but the game looks way to easy and way too many horseshoe shots. I was bored watching that stream everyone gushed about.

This looks sooo much more interesting.

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

A little disappointing, but better than having the cutouts there and Stern never releasing the expression lights for it, a la Rush pro.

They are coming - it's been confirmed multiple times. Just a long wait.

I'm surprised the FF pro doesn't have the cutout. Seems like a revenue stream Stern would want to have!

#1342 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't see anyone chime in...is Stern going to make a limited amount of home pros with the location Pro run they're doing first? Or do all home pro owners have to wait until late April for a machine?
March Location Pros (some home, too? Any confirmation?)
March LEs
Early April Premiums
Late April Home Pros

The way it was explained to me was if distributors have extra after operators get their machines they can sell to anyone. Thats how I got my January Rush Pro last year.

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Definitely no justifying the LE prices at this point, but is there any justification for the current pin prices at any trim level? The pro looks like a solid buy on ff, but I went LE. Why? Hell I don’t know. The more I looked at the 3 options, the more I liked the LE. So I went for it. No justifying it. People still spending time trying to justify overpriced toys is a waste of time. If it makes you happy and it’s worth it to you, go for it.

Obviously Stern and all the other pinball makes know there are enough people with money to pay LE money. Not for me but that's ok. Pros and Premiums play great and I feel lucky that I can even afford to own those.

Want to make a decision on FF but I think I may just wait. A good night sleep erase a lot of FOMO from yesterday's hype LOL.

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I am Not a Foo Fighters (the band) fan, tho I am around JD’s age. Growing up i preferred the 80s metal bands,
But have seen the FOO Live either opening or headlining for other bands I wanted to see, festivals etc.
Just want to clarify that FF pin was Totally off my radar,
That is until I saw the layout and full package, then heard RayDay is onboard for code support with Tanio.
I’m in.
This pin looks fantastic. Killer layout with many unique features… certainly see some elements from some of my favs…
Great job Jack Danger. Would not surprise me one bit if FF wins game of the year.
In for a Prem.
Couldn’t get an LE in Canada even when I tried, hate this market, especially in Canada.

Lack of competition in Ontario is disturbing. Can get a US LE and have it cross border shipped though. It's not hard at all.

Quoted from fooflighter:

Also, Stern just picks awesome IP's and themes and does their research as well. They only need to target that 1000 mark per theme for someone's grail pin which given the rising popularity of pinball looks like it's easy for them to achieve each time. I knew it would be a hit once people heard the music and saw what Jack Danger could produce surrounded by a superior talent team. I'm normally a Prem only buyer save for my TWD LE I bought used. I'm definitely not a sight unseen, LE take my money now buyer, but I was on Distro lists for years for this title and just got really lucky, the team that produced it delivered in spades so far. There are those buyers who are all LE all the time, and that's awesome as well, they help subsidize cost at the lower tiers to a degree. I paid in full last night and still feel great about it today which is a good sign.

All good points. I think these LEs will hold value. I don't think Bond LEs will.

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I love RUSH - music pins are my FAVS

I had LZ and Rush. Rush stayed (awesome), LZ gone. LZ just not very good. I would love to own a IM someday.

Quoted from blizz81:

True - and then you can wait out code maturity and seeing what problems may plague the machines…
But also may / will be paying more for future runs simply because a calendar has progressed…

Another price hike could definitely come at the end of the year.

#1657 1 year ago

Quoted from superNoid:I think the color and ZY artwork is phenomenal.

It is although I will say when you have a few of his pins side by side it is a little blinding.

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

The animation is better than I could have imagined coming from stern. Really looks good.
Hanna Barbara straight up!

Yep. It's A+.

I like what I see.

Quoted from Zablon:

Looks fun as hell. My only critique at this time is that I feel like since you are fighting aliens, there should be more harrasment callouts coming from the baddies. Something that could change with code, but I have a feeling that's not the case. Also, there could be more callouts from the band as well.
The "Dave Grohl.....if that is your REAL name" is great.

More callouts may still come.

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Jinkies is that the Creeper? RUH ROH
[quoted image][quoted image]

Exactly my thoughts. Very Scooby Doo.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Okay - I can have only one - GZ or FF Premium?

I think still GZ but damn this is good.

#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

My thoughts after the stream:
Pros:
1. Game is fast as hell.
2. Flow out the wazzoo.
3. The alien shot up the middle tended to SDTM a couple times, no different from other center shots a la AFM.
4. Animations are AMAZING. Easily the best I’ve seen in pinball so far.
5. Art looks great. Worked well on the actual game, didn’t seem to be intrusive at all.
6. Dead post worked reliably and didn’t require too much skill to execute, just raise the left flipper.
7. Kicker target works well, adds a little chaos but doesn’t put the ball in danger. It is strong enough to send the ball up the ramp depending on the angle.
8. Music is great (subjective I know).
9. Rules are pretty advanced at this point. They said the final wizard mode isn’t in and they are tweaking things constantly. Rules are at 0.8 and will be “higher than that” at production.
10. Topper is coming, will be interactive with the game somehow and MAY (probably will from their reactions) include action figures that somehow interact with the topper. Super cool idea.
11. The spinner shot to loop combo is buttery smooth and really looks fun.
Cons:
1. Game is fast as hell. Be on your toes. This ain’t no EM!
2. Upper playfield looks fun and is useable but I couldn’t tell if any specific modes required its use yet. Maybe as code advances.
3. Rules for each mode were a little hard to understand. Shoot the lit shots as usual but the game was so fast and flowy I didn’t see a lot of trap up and hit a specific shot for a reason kind of play.
4. Magnet under the robot seems to just be for visuals?? Didn’t see where it did anything specific to the ball except bash it around underneath the alien guy. Again, maybe as code matures.
So, in summary I think the game looks great, seemed to shoot very well and has a LOT going for it.
My opinion. This is the front runner for GOTY.

Good summary - mostly agree. Look forward to seeing the pro tonight.

Game is no Godzilla that's for sure. Flow is similar but game times will not be the same. Fast with thirsty right outlane.

FOMO is flying high! Stern has another big hit.

#2003 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While I personally don’t mind adult settings, it does seem kinda weird that this game has them considering the wholesome Sat AM cartoon theme.

Got to have them IMO. With everything fun we enjoyed in life seemingly being cancelled because "it's offensive" - this feature is gold.

#2046 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Anyone getting a pro and has the time to 3D print and paint, I re-made the alien boss. Thingverse has to wait 24 hours to verify/kick in since I just created an account. If it doesn't come up after that or you want it now, send me a PM.
Cheers \m/ \m/
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5886894
[quoted image]

Awesome work!

Pro owners are all definitely going to want to replace the van and the Alien bash toy!

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’m okay with no pops. Love that. Normally just want my ball back and it slows down the game. TNA is the best use of a pop ever. Old Indiana Jones seems like the balls always up in the pops.

Honestly I'm tired of pops. I like the one on GZ but the when the ball really gets stuck in them like on my GB, it's a bit silly.

Hopefully less pops or none is the new trend at Stern!

#2243 1 year ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Anyone actually changing from a premium to a pro after the stream tonight? The pro looks fast!

I definitely wouldn't be unhappy with a Pro - leaning that way!

#2563 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When is Stern going to make and offer expression light kits? Rush and Zeppelin premium buyers must be pissed. Soon they will be joined by FF premium buyers. Stern has yet to offer expression light kits for sale. That is pitiful record, and then to release another game with them is, oh boy, a bad decision. Availability of expression light kits was the chief reason I decided against FF premium model. It is ridiculous that one can’t depend on Stern to offer them in a timely fashion. And it has impacted one potential premium sale.

Stern hasn't released ELs for Rush, nor has it released any accessories so far more than a year after releasing the game. No accessories for Bond yet either and no toppers for GZ Rush or Bond. I'm hopeful the new factory will give them capacity to make more accessories soon.

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stern game prices three years ago...
Pro Model: $US 5,999
Premium Model: $US 7,599
Limited Edition Model: $US 8,999
Stern game prices now...
Pro - MSRP $6,999
Premium - MSRP $9,699
LE - MSRP $12,999
Stern is okay with any markup because it justifies them increasing prices in the future, they only care when a distributor tries to sell below MSRP.

If you are a pro kinda guy - not too bad though!

#2808 1 year ago

Pretty pumped this morning. My Neighbor ordered a pro yesterday!!

Sounds like I will have FF on the street to play. Excited as I can't swing another pin right now.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

nearly finished a Foo UFO design, still have to design a few resin inserts for the front grills and then some stands
[quoted image]

This will be a must buy for Pro owners.

Looks fantastic.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I am curious how all you Foo Hypers are holding up at this point.
How has the hype survived 2 weeks and 78 other pinball machines being teased or revealed?
How’s the enthusiasm? Are we weaker in numbers? Has the foo hype train withstood this unprecedented assault?

Enthusiasm has cooled off for sure, the initial hype was off the chart. Still excited because my neighbor has one coming but more realistic about how it will actually play in spite of the flow, shots, animation and music.

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Making pros more expensive for operators is going to hurt them where it matters I think.

Even $7000 pro to the $8000 CGC SE price is a lot of plays $$ to make up.

Stern has held the line pretty tight on pros for several years now.

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Awesome thanks! Just wasn't sure if they were made widely available (relatively speaking) or were just to cover broken ones etc... I'll keep an eye out as everything starts shipping then! Thank you!

Quoted from Sorokyl:

easy one to check!
https://www.google.com/search?q=rush+pro+translite
You can't get an LE backglass, but you can get pro/prem translites.

There is guy in europe that makes the Rush LE back glass or translite if interested

https://xianek.eu/

#3242 1 year ago

An early review

1 week later
#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I played about 6-7 games of FF today at TPF, mostly premium.
Premium thoughts:
- Machine needs to be set up correctly but when it is, man what a blast to shoot. The right orbit and the left crossover "Rami" shot were the hardest for me to hit. The right ramp is very hittable when the machine is dialed in correctly.
- There were issues on both pros and premiums with the plunge not making that ramp and rattling out. I assume that is a setup issue because it wasn't consistent machine to machine.
- The Overlord magnet does a bit more than I initially thought. It functions to center the ball between the pop up posts when the ball is locked but if you hit the ball into there with the posts down on a Premium it does throw the ball back out at you, sometimes quickly. I was pleased to see it.
- The upper playfield is fun! It's a mini-flipper so it's slower up there but honestly it's a nice break from the very fast pace of the main playfield. I was able to get three upper playfield loops in a row, a buddy of mine got 5.
- Dead post. Enough said.
- Art looks great. The backbox side art on the Premium is fantastic. Love the Foo-Bot.
- The side cabinet art is cool but it does make the machine very red. Would not recommend red powder coated armor on this one. I'm thinking a purple but we will see.
- Code is already really fun, will only improve from here.
- Playfield art I really liked. When you are playing the game it does not seem over the top or too bright, I didn't feel it cluttered the playfield or detracted from the inserts at all.
- Seems that the current strategy is to start Los Angeles first because that is a ramp shot mode which you need anyway to start Area 51 multiball, then either New York or Roswell. I was able to finish both New York, Los Angeles and Seattle this weekend. Didn't play Roswell or New Orleans much. Chicago seemed harder to me.
Overall I came away very happy that I will be getting a Premium soon. I think if I had not bought a Foo Fighters I would have called my distributor and ordered one after this weekend for sure. I would say it's going to be a top 5 pin.

Thanks for posting.

My buddy is supposed to get his PRO this week so I'm excited to try it soon. No dead post or upper playfield but it's still looks like a blast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 139.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.