6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4277 RULES: Foo Fighters Mode Chart Posted by pinbuoy (1 year ago)

Post #4688 Dead post adjustments Posted by WildRover (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 1 year ago

Animation looks great.

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Interested in jacks first game but idk about a $13k le at 1000 total. I only do LEs

Lol

#322 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Email from one distributor
The next game is going to be Foo Fighters and you are near the top of the waitlist, so we will definitely have an LE for you if you want it. We are charging $13,399 (the MSRP is $12,999), and this time Stern says you can pick #2-9 for a $1,000 fee, and #10-1000 for a $500 fee. The deposit is $1,000 and is non-refundable. Tuesday is the official release so if you want to wait to see the details we'll need to know pretty quickly on Tuesday if you want to reserve a game.

I’d find a new distributor.

#465 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is a big part of why prices keep going up.

Bingo.

If you don’t understand the constant price increases, just reread a hype thread.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I agree.
Hate to continue to pick on Rush, but they are truly love them or hate them.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I hate them (besides working Man).
Foo fighters?? They are so bland and inoffensive that I just don’t understand how they can possibly inspire hatred. Even if your in aren’t a fan I don’t see how the music could bother you as background pinball tunes.

I agree with this. I called them vanilla in another thread and that isn’t a slam on the band. They are a middle of the road rock band with solid bones that are really well known for giving fans a great concert experience. I don’t crank up foo fighters in my car but I also don’t change the station if I hear everlong come on.

If my goal was to sell pinball machines, this is a band I’d look real hard at.

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

Premium deposit down!!!
Yep, I'm owning this one. No more bad-mouthing people that get excited and put money down day one cause I just did! Time to sell some games.

Hell has frozen over.

#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

That genuinely made me laugh! I deserve that and any other flack I get (within reason <3 ). I have been very vocal about and how much I loathe price increases and people buying on day one, continuing to enable Stern to push prices up.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself as part of the problem. Today, I am the problem xD ....!

Man I’m super pumped for you! Great to see you’re still in the hobby.

I still kick myself for not keeping that corvette!

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jeremy has been great for pinball.He actually is the artist that killed photo shop imho.But GnR did beat out Jeremy’s game the year it came out.It is one of the very best art packages inside and out.
I can see where people would complain about so much green lately though there has been a lot of Sterns with it?

Metallica was the breath of fresh air that that ushered in a new era of art.

Jeremy has continued to kill it every damn time as well. It’s like living in a paradise of creativity if you were around for the dark times.

B2814701-23E4-4CA7-A9D8-E87B58BCC9C8 (resized).jpegB2814701-23E4-4CA7-A9D8-E87B58BCC9C8 (resized).jpeg
#1790 1 year ago

Rush 2112 callout just heard.

Nice!

#1796 1 year ago

The animation is better than I could have imagined coming from stern. Really looks good.

Hanna Barbara straight up!

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Yeah I actually think Pro is the way to go here, you can mod a pretty badass spaceship in, and the upper playfield is cool but reminds me too much of WOZ, too much novelty for me. Without the upper playfield this game is going to flow like no other!

If we can add a death save post on the pro, I’ll be ecstatic.

#2527 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Uhhh...that's just a little better than the Bond banner.

Let’s just never speak of that abomination again.

#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from mikespins:

Everyone should report this douche to Stern!!

Why?

Just don’t buy it at that price. Distro’s wouldn’t do things like this if demand wasn’t there.

1 week later
#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Cool, another boomer rock band pin. This one featuring a dead junkie drummer. Which watered down dad-rock band will hip-Stern pick next?

Careful, don’t cut yourself with all that edge.

1 week later
#3714 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

At least.
But Stern toppers are moving to Not just attractive ornaments on the game anymore ...they're actually integrated into code, add new cool gameplay features, like mandalorian and Rush. The Market wants and supports them. It's tested and proven, so games surely are designed from the beginning with a gameplay topper.
Also aren't they Limited in production ? and likely hold their value over time... You can park your money in it and always sell it separately... Maybe for a profit if limited..
FF topper will be epic and a must have to FF pin owners... FOMO and many WILL miss out... driving up value.....Unless Stern pulls a fast one and is positioned and prepared to fulfill every topper order placed riding the fomo money train on this title.. jokes on the market if so. Cash cow.
Godzilla soon? If not They left a ton of money on the table. They can use their old factory building just to build toppers. Lol
Wouldn't you expect more Danger greatness in a FF topper? ... Of course! You can live without one kidney when it comes down to it. But you can't live without the FF topper.

No topper is worth $1700 to me. Regardless of code integration, investment talk, or FOMO.

That will always be a significant amount of money to me mentally and even my pinball soaked and diseased brain has a few cells left that hold some kind of rational thought.

Great times for people into accessories though, if it makes you happy then go for it. It’s just a hurdle I can’t overcome, and I’m ok with that.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

... Yet.

I felt that way about pinball ownership too .. but here I am with 2 pins for $20k ... I'm adjusted. My brain is always adjusting and moved on to "topper soaked and diseased" now. Get out now while you still can.

It’s too late for me my friend. It’s terminal! 23 machines and counting. At least most of them are on route so I “kind of” sleep at night. Ha!

#4038 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

What concerns me about a routed game is the amount of hours the game is turned on everyday being used or not.

These machines are literally built for this job. A pinball machine is a money making device to be put on location. Only in the last few years have people come into the hobby to buy new and stick them in their basement.

Don't worry they can take it.

1 week later
#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Any idea when distros will start getting pros in again?

June is what I have heard.

1 week later
#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Should be no problem. The UV kit for Stranger Things pro included a metal apron that you swapped for the stock plastic one. I don't think anything's changed.

Negative. My kit was shipped with a plastic apron. You must have got that pinmonk special treatment

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 499.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doublestack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-?tu=doublestack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.