6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4277 RULES: Foo Fighters Mode Chart Posted by pinbuoy (1 year ago)

Post #4688 Dead post adjustments Posted by WildRover (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#729 1 year ago

Makes a lot of sense a Jack Danger pin is heavy on story/animation as he used to do that pre-pinball

Probably what George meant when he said this game would be in a different direction (a music pin with a heavy emphasis on story)

#772 1 year ago

I'd guess pro based off the apron design

#776 1 year ago

it kinda looks like there is a jump in the wireform in front of the right ramp?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#783 1 year ago

Also I guess no expression lights? Thought they might have showed up on all of their music pins. Don't see the cut on the cabinet (for the pro model at least)

#804 1 year ago

TMNT....Scooby Doo...now Foo Fighters

What a time for vans in pinball! Watch Haggis announce Skateball Van Edition this year

#813 1 year ago

#814 1 year ago

Upper playfield hype

#816 1 year ago

shatz target in the inlane

#824 1 year ago

It looks like Jack Danger studied a lot of Gottlieb games. Kicking targets and shatz targets

#830 1 year ago

I think Jack crushed it. I didn't have high expectations, but I'm seeing a lot of new ideas and reusing great old ideas. Great job.

#897 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

Kicking target... Todays quiz for the top price is to name the last game was gave us one of these.
[quoted image]

Barbwire?

#935 1 year ago

Looks like the LE has the expression lightning included

So maybe Rush owners can order some too!

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I like how they left the playfield relief for the drain post on the pro. Every singe pro buyer will be putting a static post in there, appears you'll still have to be aware in order use it by putting the left flip up.

Sounds like a stuck ball waiting to happen

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Jack danger does a lot of crowing about inclusion and social awareness on podcasts and his stream….

Pfft, that jerk trying to talk to his hundreds of followers about being nice to one another. Where does he get the nerve!

#1038 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not wanting to go down a rabbit hole, but the "wearing out" goes both ways. It's much more than just "being nice" to people. It's watching every word you say, every step you take, catering to the perpetually offended. Constantly being on your toes because people are looking for a power play to control your language and actions even if you are a generally good person wears you out too.

Now we're going full pinside... Only took about 90 minutes

#1045 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't seen what the expression lights are...and if it is what I think it is, seems like something someone can make themselves without that much hassle.

The nice thing about the expression lights is that they route the cabinet walls so the LEDs stay in place, unlike pin stadiums which typically have to be removed each time you need to service the game. The pro isn't routed...so custom standoffs or another solution would be needed (if the pro code supports EL)

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Danger did have this same post on his homebrew/whitewood. My game does not use a post to bounce the ball up between the flippers, it has a player controlled vuk to throw the ball over the flipper vertically. I don't think the Danger "dead post" is player controlled either.

Stop flexing, Muscles

#1051 1 year ago

I'm hearing no expression light support for the pro...

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That would be a shocker, as they'd sell a ton of them.
With the problems they seem to have in getting in them in stock maybe it's just not worth the trouble at this time.

Speculating that they spent the money on the playfield and not to route and plug the cabinet walls. It is what it is

#1065 1 year ago

Well there you go...he spent his money on what's in the game and not on the optional accessory

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Really? Because once upon a time there was 1 SKU/game. Now there's 3, with factory aftermarket mods, toppers...etc. I think they know how to add 1 more SKU/game and not go tits up.

Munsters had 4 SKUs

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1073 1 year ago

After seeing Bond 60th, I was wondering if the next cornerstone would have inline drops with a trip coil. With Foo Fighters having the kicking target, now I'm going to wonder if that shows up on another game soon

I see the latching ball lock from Avatar and Rolling Stone that made it's return for Rush is on FF.

#1083 1 year ago

I like that the upper playfield loop has a diverter that stops you from looping up there all day like BKSOR premium

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Scooby buyers be like...
I got a free topper
I got a real backglass
I got a powdercoated door
I got a better sound system
I got free speaker lights/custom speaker grills
I got a free cup holder

And a dozen ball traps

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Also like Royal Rumble. OHHHHH YEAAAAA

HIT THE TAG BUTTON

I also thought of that one...it also has the fun little spot to park a ball. Underrated upper playfield

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So the outlane up-post, just curious, does anyone else consider that a toy or mech? lol

I know you're joking, but I would call it a mech (just like I'd call Benson posts a mech)

It's doing something unique instead of just acting as a diverter/barrier.

#1201 1 year ago

Also looks like there won't be any expression lights for the pro, only premium addon and it comes with the LE

#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

[quoted image]

I don’t see it? It looks like a flat metal ball guide that could always (maybe) save the ball? Not a coded outlane ball mech.

If we’re just listing ways to save outlane drains, there are countless other idea to have physical means to save outlane drains.

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

It’s a flat piece of butyrate!

It's amusing when industry terms like "butyrate" end up in marketing pitches

Butyrate being an early form of plastic used for pinball plastics a long time ago, and the name stuck while the plastic changed.

Sounds better than flat piece of plastic I suppose

#1388 1 year ago

Woot a game reveal at SXSW!

#1567 1 year ago

It kinda reminds me of the Colossal target on Deadpool being pointed away from the flippers (or Roadshows magic left standup)...

It seems like it's mostly for extra chaos? It's basically a slingshot where the arm and switch are combined into one unit. Gottlieb would substitute slingshots for these kicking targets on some games.

I imagine a secret skill shot is going to be soft plunging onto the kicker?

#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Actually there are some differences.
$13K is $87,000 less than a $100,000 car
A Hellcat is a car, and a Stern LE is a pinball machine
I'd say these are pretty significant differences!

If you ignore all the stuff that makes them different, then you'd realize they're actually pretty similar

#1620 1 year ago

I think AIQ rules aren't that complicated though intimidating (and maybe people worry too much about stuff like gem placement), but I think the bigger issue with that game was always more it lacking a lot of personality.

The sounds, callouts, display animations, etc... are all pretty weak relative to other Spike 2 titles. It has a real sterile feel to it. It doesn't do a good job of getting you hyped up for pinball or helping explain what's going on.

Rush is more approachable although the GUI is a bit cluttered and intimidating at first. Better callouts too, Canadian Dad jokes and all

#1686 1 year ago

Legends of Valhalla is pop free. Halloween/Ultraman no pop. Scooby Doo no pop. I think Cosmic Cart Racing is pop free? Probably some other games

#1691 1 year ago

Agreed. Pops are great. Pop clusters tend to be boring... A shot through a pop cluster, common on Elwin games, is pretty fun. But pop clusters over lanes with lane change

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Most pop chaos doesn’t really put the ball in danger though. The typical upper right pop near is just a visuals thing mostly. The ball bangs around for a while and then comes out safely in a couple of exit points. A pop lower down is more interesting like on Godzilla.

Or pop clusters like Eight Ball Deluxe where there is no safety around the cluster

I love Hot Tip for having a single center pop that actually helps the player take out the adjacent drops. It can help as much as hurt

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Well I stand corrected regarding the pop bumper.
Here I thought I was finding something genuinely unique.

the deadpost is at least very unique

some of the shot geometry is pretty unique as well

I can't think of a game that used the latching ball lock with a magnet behind it? But that's more about rearranging existing mechs in new ways.

#1707 1 year ago

What is this, Poo Fighters?

#1713 1 year ago

I wonder if they'd sell the deadpost as an official addon accessory for the pro ala UV light kit or EL kits. The hole is there and the ball guide is already there.

#1716 1 year ago

I think you'd have to have it be an updown post or you'd eventually have stuck ball issues. Not a big deal for home collectors, deal breaker for ops.

#1735 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$100 isn't far off for that kind of assembly, the bigger question is would they ever be in stock?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5867-09

Holy fuckbeans Marco

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bumper-up-post-assembly.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

So 15 songs are confirmed in the game but only 8 are selectable from start? Why not have all 15 to choose from?
[quoted image]

I can see them not wanting to over intimidate with too many choices and keeping some songs more special by only playing in certain modes. It seems like they got the ones most would want to select. Or generic "licensure reasons" is why

Maybe down the line they can let you pick more?

#2007 1 year ago

The idea of Stern releasing action figures which add callouts is giving me strong Nintendo Amiibo vibes. I don't think it's happening, but it is an interesting idea. Plus if they put a NFC reader in the game they could do Apple/Google Pay and credit card transactions for operators. (I wonder if Stern IC would ever be expanded to include a payment system for location credits)

The nice thing about Nintendo Amiibos were they were incredibly easy to write the Amiibo data to cheap blank NFC cards if you didn't care about the collectible figure but wanted what it unlocks in games.

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Star Trek was in people's homes for months before it got the Bones callouts.
It could happen.
Or maybe he's busy. Or didn't want to do it. Shit happens. You can't always have everything you want on a pinball machine!

But that was a fluke. Karl Urban happened to be into pinball and said he'd do it for an LE after the game was shipping.

#2093 1 year ago

Deadpool only has like 5 major battles/quests, then a few side scoring features and a few sub wizard modes in additional to a final wizard mode. Most people are happy with the amount of content in that game. (I think because the major modes play and sound so different). I imagine it will be a lot like Deadpool in terms of amount of content...

#2143 1 year ago

I’ve only watched a few minutes and love it. Going to avoid more streams so I can learn it by playing. Time to figure out how long the waitlists are…

#2146 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sucks that the second run is all the way in August. Huge gap in production making a bunch of games that are slow-moving.

that actually works out as my birthday is in the first week of September

#2314 1 year ago

more like Poo Fighters with all the shit slinging going on

#2335 1 year ago

Jack Danger was able to load the playfield so much by cutting the tilt bob from his bill of materials

#2378 1 year ago

I love how the van looks like the Blues Mobile

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha page 46 might be the shortest thread page in Pinside history

Let me present page 3

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dragon-s-lair-prototype-etpinball-/page/3

#2456 1 year ago

I think Stern did all that stuff and the Foo Fighters/Dave were just cool to work with?

JD was a graphic designer doing stuff for movies and such before pinball. Not surprising he brought that talent to his pinball design.

#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If Pinside ran Stern, they'd be tits up in a week!

Please explain in car

#2687 1 year ago

That pinball pricing bubble will pop any day now fellas. I can feel it in my wishbones.

#2821 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I just hope Stern has figured out the node board/wiring issues and this pin doesn't turn into the same debacle that "some of the Rush owners and operators" are having in that other thread.

I don't think there are any servo motors in Foo Fighters?

1 week later
#3245 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

A little Friday BTS for ya!
Dreaming up the “Area 51” for the pro model of Foo Fighters Pinball.
I knew I wanted to fill this space in, since we didn’t have the upper playfield, but I wanted something more than just a flat plastic.
A stack of plastics that the ball could go THROUGH was the goal, to give the feel of coming through the doors of Area 51.
Mix that with awesome Zombie Yeti Studios art, and you get this bad boy! ❤️
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Did you have time to film cool stuff of you developing the game to possibly make a slick making of video?

1 week later
#3598 1 year ago

Wire your own post in, load premium code, profit? YOLO

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Has Stern ever put out a kit to upgrade into something only available on premium/LE models?

Expression Lights (in theory)

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Given that the premium code also has code for the upper playfield and the magnet below the Overlord sculpt as well as the sculpt itself I’m not sure how that would work?
My guess is Stern will have to put out a kit.

YOLO baby

The upper playfield doesn’t have much going on. The game will just think you’re not using that flipper. Does the magnet do much besides flick the ball around for visual appeal? The truck on the left stopping the ball is a slightly bigger change, but I bet you the hole for the uppost is still there. Get creative

But I think the easy thing would be disable the left ball save, then add an uppost with a player controlled button hard wired on the cabinet. All skill

#3798 1 year ago

I'm sure you can just disable left outlane ball saves on the pro and the mavericks of the world can add a player controlled uppost and cabinet button with minimal fuss.

1 week later
#4103 1 year ago

Pinball Map occasionally publishes most popular games on location and Star Wars crushes it

There are probably so many Star Wars sitting in homes without any other pins, shoved into a corner with the other typical "gameroom" stuff that only occasionally gets used after the first month.

1 week later
#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Out of curiosity, does anybody know why the overseas machines only have one coin slot?

I always assumed a mix of tradition and Euro coin slots needing to be changed out a lot more due to the different coins (especially in the past). Only one mech to change out instead of two.

The only good reason I've heard American games have two slots is to have a redundancy if one slot gets jammed up. Maybe this is more prone on American coin mechs? Kids will shove a stack of pennies and dimes into a game. Idk if you can shove in multiple Euros at once and jam it up like you can with American coins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 499.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 16.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.