5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 99.
#4851 11 months ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

PREMIUM landed in Phoenix area today!! And thanks to ABF shipping they added an extra hole at NO CHARGE!! Seems to have missed the backbox by 1 inch. No damage to report.
Thanks to SDAMUSEMENTS (San Diego) for being the best distro to work with. GZ premium and Foo premium in less than 1 month from order. Aaron is amazing!
[quoted image][quoted image]

My Foo LE arrived with chipboard inserted in the straps on all 4 sides. First time with this dist (had to scrounge for an LE), so never seen it done like this, but it worked. Box looked like brand new once I slid the 4 sides out.

FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpgFF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

#4852 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My Foo LE arrived with chipboard inserted in the straps on all 4 sides. First time with this dist (had to scrounge for an LE), so never seen it done like this, but it worked. Box looked like brand new once I slid the 4 sides out.
[quoted image]

We are inching closer to PINPOD(TM) territory here!

#4853 11 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

We are inching closer to PINPOD(TM) territory here!

The beauty of just sliding chipboard in the straps is it's pretty cheap and nowhere near the hassle of a PINPOD or crate, but gives much more protection to the sides. Pretty genius idea, IMO. Cheap insurance for the dist and customer, and dead simple to put on and remove.

#4854 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The beauty of just sliding chipboard in the straps is it's pretty cheap and nowhere near the hassle of a PINPOD or crate, but gives much more protection to the sides. Pretty genius idea, IMO. Cheap insurance for the dist and customer, and dead simple to put on and remove.

So you distro gets the games, inserts the chipboard and ships?

#4855 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You could easily stretch wrap them onto the box as well if the straps are too tight. A 4'x8' sheet of 7/16 OSB is $12 right now...very cheap insurance. Some distros offer the option of strapping the game to an oversize pallet with a Tip 'n Tell indicatior as well. This worked well for my last NIB.

#4856 11 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah. Given that the box arrived perfect underneath means it would probably be a good idea for all dists on all level of Sterns, but a pretty good idea on the LEs, at least, given their value.

#4857 11 months ago

If distros cared they’d add 4 sheets of plywood to every pro, premium or LE they shipped. But since we just found out about it, the distros can just add this to their current wrapping process and all will be forgiven.

Forgot this but I had one pin delivered with plywood sides added outside cardboard and thought it was great, at the time. Prevents nasty forklift stabs. Can’t remember what distro nor what pin either.

#4858 11 months ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

PREMIUM landed in Phoenix area today!! And thanks to ABF shipping they added an extra hole at NO CHARGE!! Seems to have missed the backbox by 1 inch. No damage to report.
Thanks to SDAMUSEMENTS (San Diego) for being the best distro to work with. GZ premium and Foo premium in less than 1 month from order. Aaron is amazing!

I had one too. Gift with purchase.

IMG_2764 (resized).jpegIMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
#4859 11 months ago

Pro vs premium, ladies and gentleman these are both great. I went premium

Quoted from Meri-cah:

No glory there friend! Glad all was good!

#4860 11 months ago

Couple Foo Fighters vinyl banners I had made for my game room. Regular 24 x 62 inches with the usual grommets. Will look great beside my Pro.

753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).pngCB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).pngCB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
#4861 11 months ago

Got some lighting in to test out some colours and get a feeling for it.

5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg75C1386C-9711-4DD0-A5F7-5C6AE116C378 (resized).jpeg75C1386C-9711-4DD0-A5F7-5C6AE116C378 (resized).jpegB0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpegB0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpegD14DDC96-AA27-4D67-867C-40C93CCC745D (resized).jpegD14DDC96-AA27-4D67-867C-40C93CCC745D (resized).jpegD358659A-F2F8-4397-A049-47F50A093D82 (resized).jpegD358659A-F2F8-4397-A049-47F50A093D82 (resized).jpeg
#4862 11 months ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Got some lighting in to test out some colours and get a feeling for it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like it is right out of Tomorrow land. Well done.

#4863 11 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The thing is the arguments are going to continue in the two threads we're already using for Foo, so now we'll have them in three threads.

Kinda like Chicago mode, kill these threads quick!

#4864 11 months ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

To the newbies out there who think they are going to pull one over on Stern by Premiuming your pro just a word of caution. They will nerf your mods if they are too close to premium features. Please see disco ball mod for Deadpool for an example.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What does this mean?

Just to clarify incase your checking DCfoodfreak as you signed up to my mod, the Stern disco ball mod mentioned above, is nothing to do with my Hellhouse Scoop Sign mod and upcoming discoball enhancement mod found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-hellhouse-scoop-mod

————————

It’s a few years old now but Stern re coded the behaviour of the disco insert years back when a handful of discoball mods where released and tied to the disco insert, Stern changed the inserts behaviour to flash so these disco mods would start and stop in rapid succession instead of spinning when triggered.

#4865 11 months ago

Tried out DJ mixer tonight on FF pro. Very nice and screens playing along with songs are fun to watch. Simple to use, hold both flippers to begin start mode and select DJ mixer. Already defaults to on if you’ve download latest code. Another nice feature, when in DJ mixer, touch right or left flipper to select new song that starts as you flip. Stock speakers sounded fine.

(Noticed that the background selected is not tied specific to a song. So if you play a song more than once it will have different background. or if you flip away and flip back to the same song, it will have a different background).

#4866 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stock speakers sounded fine.

I find this hard to believe after experiencing their speakers on Rush. Wonder if they changed? That would be smart.

#4867 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I find this hard to believe after experiencing their speakers on Rush. Wonder if they changed? That would be smart.

With some EQ tweaking, the stock LE speakers are OK. But they do not compare in any way to a Pinwoofer or DIY setup.

#4868 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

With some EQ tweaking, the stock LE speakers are OK. But they do not compare in any way to a Pinwoofer or DIY setup.

Ah yes, at least LE has some form of upgrade.
The others look like a 1950 radio shack AM radio rice paper speaker. I've got bottle openers with bigger magnets on them.

#4869 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

That’s awesome. I love that. Got some wood for shelves as a bonus.

1 week later
#4870 11 months ago

Foo Fighter Tour Van MOD

Finally got back to the FF Tour Van Mod that I started 6 weeks ago.... ok, so I got behind because I was playing the FF LE that showed up instead of working. Well here it is! Since the ramp is identical on all models this will easily fits PRO/PREM/LE editions with installation taking only a few minutes. I will also be adding several variations over the next few weeks.

LOVE how this looks in the shop PRO edition and the home LE!
FFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MODFoo Fighter Tour Van MOD

#4871 11 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Foo Fighter Tour Van MOD
Finally got back to the FF Tour Van Mod that I started 6 weeks ago.... ok, so I got behind because I was playing the FF LE that showed up instead of working. Well here it is! Since the ramp is identical on all models this will easily fits PRO/PREM/LE editions with installation taking only a few minutes. I will also be adding several variations over the next few weeks.
LOVE how this looks in the shop PRO edition and the home LE!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Killer work! Look forward insanely to picking it up when ready. Really crazy good job!

#4872 11 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Foo Fighter Tour Van MOD for PRO/PREM/LE editions.

Michael Kelso wants to know if it will be ready in time for Vanstock.

#4873 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Killer work! Look forward insanely to picking it up when ready. Really crazy good job!

Thanks! These are already available in our store.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades/08614-foo-fighters-tour-van-mod-for-stern-pro-prem-le-models

#4874 11 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Love that 70s show, we just binge watched it last year! Fun stuff.

Ya, they’re already in our store!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades/08614-foo-fighters-tour-van-mod-for-stern-pro-prem-le-models

#4875 11 months ago

Played the premium today.

Overall I enjoyed the upper PF and the better sculptures as well as the dead post. Basically everything about the premium was worth the upgrade to me not a downgrade or slowdown about it. If I was getting one I’d get the premium.

However I’m not connected to the band at all. The theme is not for me, although I like the art and layout but I’ve got DP and Godzilla both and TBH the layout especially the right side is similar to Godzilla.

I think it’s a great pin but I’ll wait for different theme I like better and I’ve got CC remake and Pulp Fiction LE both on order both of them are more different or different school of design or time period for my collection which already has 10 Stern pins (5 Spike 2).

#4876 11 months ago

I have to say, I freaking love the dead post. It has worked perfectly every time. I let out a "fuck yeah!" every time!

#4877 11 months ago

Finally got to play the Prem at PHOF today, spent like 3 hours on it. Instantly hooked, even more so than when Godzilla came out. I actively hate the band, but I can't wait for it to be delivered. Fantastic game!

#4878 11 months ago

Played a couple pros today locally and by far the best bang for the buck. No worries on missing out on anything. Save the cash, crazy good deal!!!

#4879 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Played a couple pros today locally and by far the best bang for the buck. No worries on missing out on anything. Save the cash, crazy good deal!!!

I really enjoy the Pro and it's a great value - But I have to say, for my money, the Deadpost, upper playfield and chaos added from the Overlord magnet are super super fun. The Deadpost literally makes me cackle every time it DOINKs the ball back into play. Upper playfield is far more fun and challenging than I expected.

IMHO, anybody who's buying should play both and decide for themselves.

Both are great, thank goodness we have choices!

#4880 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I really enjoy the Pro and it's a great value - But I have to say, for my money, the Deadpost, upper playfield and chaos added from the Overlord magnet are super super fun. The Deadpost literally makes me cackle every time it DOINKs the ball back into play. Upper playfield is far more fun and challenging than I expected.
IMHO, anybody who's buying should play both and decide for themselves.
Both are great, thank goodness we have choices!

If I was buying one it’d be premium all day long.

#4881 11 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

He found some dogs while he was walking around and started wrestling with them.

#4882 11 months ago

From Pro to LE,
THIS GAME IS AN INSTANT CLASSIC.

#4883 11 months ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Finally got to play the Prem at PHOF today, spent like 3 hours on it. Instantly hooked, even more so than when Godzilla came out. I actively hate the band, but I can't wait for it to be delivered. Fantastic game!

Did it play ok? I spent some time with them to dial in the pitch and apron to get the ball speed to the dead post ok and auto launch consistent. When I first saw them, one was missing the rubber on the upper. No idea on the pro. At the same price to play the premiums are getting the attention.

#4884 11 months ago

The dead post is extremely satisfying.

#4885 10 months ago

Does anyone know if they are still in the line? I’m supposed to have a premium from the first batch. Haven’t gotten the call yet.

#4886 10 months ago
Quoted from Manderko1:

Does anyone know if they are still in the line? I’m supposed to have a premium from the first batch. Haven’t gotten the call yet.

Just heard from my distro that Stern has pushed building the premiums to July.

#4887 10 months ago
Quoted from Zek_Pinball:

Just heard from my distro that Stern has pushed building the premiums to July.

While annoying this would help me so much haha. I’m one machine over capacity. Thanks for the info!

#4888 10 months ago

I have a question. I've listened very carefully and still can't tell . . .
When you score a jackpot during multiball, is the overlord saying yanni or laurel ?

1 week later
#4889 10 months ago

I spoke with my distributor yesterday to try and confirm the word that the rest of the first run Premiums had been bumped to July, and he said he had just spoken with Stern, who told him either they are hoping/planning to finish (or at least try to finish) the rest of the FRPs next week. Fingers crossed!

#4890 10 months ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I spoke with my distributor yesterday to try and confirm the word that the rest of the first run Premiums had been bumped to July, and he said he had just spoken with Stern, who told him either they are hoping/planning to finish (or at least try to finish) the rest of the FRPs next week. Fingers crossed!

I hope it's true!!

#4891 10 months ago

I want the premiums to come out quick so I can get my pro that is here, as my distributor is using mine as a show model.

#4892 10 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I want the premiums to come out quick so I can get my pro that is here, as my distributor is using mine as a show model.

bummer, hope he cut you a good deal to use it

#4893 10 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I don’t know your situation but if the deal you got to let the distributor use your game as a showroom game is not that great you could use this time to see if you want to switch to a Prem. Your distro may let you do this. From what I understand the cost to upgrade is higher in your country than the US though.

Just an idea “while you wait”.

#4894 10 months ago

Foo Fighters Tour Van MOD - Limited Edition

All Three versions of the MOD, Pro Premium and LE versions are all in our store https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades

Here is some of the LE features that were added to the PRO/PREM version of our Tour Van.

Everything in the Pro and Premium Editions plus:
-where is the band? interactive interior lighting with detailed silhouettes of the band members inside! See all 6 members through the front window just like in the video sequence as it slides around the corner to give you another shot! Drivers side windows even has Dave Grohl of course is at the wheel and the back window shows the interior speakers!
-Limited Edition tribute to Taylor Hawkins. Lighted interior includes Taylor’s trademark Hawk logo in the window! This just HAD to be included!
-Headlights to match the white and yellow in the video clips.
-NO detail is too small! Even the plugged in amp cables surrounding the van are included.
-PLUS, Custom made stickers added to the front hood and bumper to match the game Videos and artwork!

This is just so fun to see on the playfield, you won’t want to miss out on this!! Vanstock Here we come!

IMG_4915 (resized).jpegIMG_4915 (resized).jpegIMG_4917 (resized).jpegIMG_4917 (resized).jpegIMG_4934 (resized).jpegIMG_4934 (resized).jpegIMG_4980 (resized).jpegIMG_4980 (resized).jpegIMG_4987 (resized).jpegIMG_4987 (resized).jpegIMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5018 (resized).jpegIMG_5021 (resized).jpegIMG_5021 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5024 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpegIMG_5025 (resized).jpegIMG_5029 (resized).jpegIMG_5029 (resized).jpeg

#4895 10 months ago
Quoted from CRCades:

Foo Fighters Tour Van MOD - Limited Edition
All Three versions of the MOD, Pro Premium and LE versions are all in our store https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1472-crcades
Here is some of the LE features that were added to the PRO/PREM version of our Tour Van.
Everything in the Pro and Premium Editions plus:
-where is the band? interactive interior lighting with detailed silhouettes of the band members inside! See all 6 members through the front window just like in the video sequence as it slides around the corner to give you another shot! Drivers side windows even has Dave Grohl of course is at the wheel and the back window shows the interior speakers!
-Limited Edition tribute to Taylor Hawkins. Lighted interior includes Taylor’s trademark Hawk logo in the window! This just HAD to be included!
-Headlights to match the white and yellow in the video clips.
-NO detail is too small! Even the plugged in amp cables surrounding the van are included.
-PLUS, Custom made stickers added to the front hood and bumper to match the game Videos and artwork!
This is just so fun to see on the playfield, you won’t want to miss out on this!! Vanstock Here we come!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool. Posted 34 minutes ago and already sold out of all.

#4896 10 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Any Premium/LE owners that want to sell their originals let me know. This one looks incredible but out of my price range as a poor Pro owner.

#4897 10 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

You can place an order

#4898 10 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Any Premium/LE owners that want to sell their originals let me know. This one looks incredible but out of my price range as a poor Pro owner.

I considered a trade in option for that very reason. I’ll let you know if anyone wants to get rid of their original one.

#4899 10 months ago

30 Foo fighters tour vans done this weekend just to clear the bench for 35 LEs that have been ordered already!! I have a few set aside for “special orders” my neighbor and a few here.
There at 57 parts for each FF Van, some are tiny, like the hood meter, which is lit btw, with an 0805 SMD. (See photos). Even when you do 20 at a time, each van takes 3.5-4hrs to custom paint and assemble. Wire harnesses alone are 40 minutes per unit!

Absolutely Love seeing this in my LE and I bet you would too!

437C643A-48C4-4C74-A7F9-79A5508D03CB (resized).jpeg437C643A-48C4-4C74-A7F9-79A5508D03CB (resized).jpegBC88D5A1-BE6E-40EA-B077-1B932E07F39D (resized).jpegBC88D5A1-BE6E-40EA-B077-1B932E07F39D (resized).jpeg0EA412B0-E05C-4BF5-8CB7-FF88753F0BB4 (resized).jpeg0EA412B0-E05C-4BF5-8CB7-FF88753F0BB4 (resized).jpeg0898C16E-4DC7-4597-8338-0631918E28FC (resized).jpeg0898C16E-4DC7-4597-8338-0631918E28FC (resized).jpeg5628AF9E-7718-4940-9AD2-67405484FE25 (resized).jpeg5628AF9E-7718-4940-9AD2-67405484FE25 (resized).jpegCC6D614B-A888-48FE-BADD-888C590736E1 (resized).jpegCC6D614B-A888-48FE-BADD-888C590736E1 (resized).jpeg24C51EA3-6F98-4F44-8C9E-FF3F08E0904E (resized).jpeg24C51EA3-6F98-4F44-8C9E-FF3F08E0904E (resized).jpeg56A5691F-625B-40CB-8627-D793037F7155 (resized).jpeg56A5691F-625B-40CB-8627-D793037F7155 (resized).jpegB67FCDAF-9BCD-41CC-A000-4C2AE3F5ECA8 (resized).jpegB67FCDAF-9BCD-41CC-A000-4C2AE3F5ECA8 (resized).jpeg

#4900 10 months ago

if anyone is interested in trading in their original Prem/LE FF van for a Foo Fighters Tour Van that we make I will offer a $150 trade in towards an LE version Van from CRCades.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 499.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.