5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 99.
#4701 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's already one referencing this in the tech section of the owner's thread index.

Good, good.

Still, the rest of this chatter about settings, etc would probably be better in one dedicated owners thread for those that come by in a year(s) time and want to search / catch up.

#4702 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

What seems to be the consensus on the shooting trough strength?

Set it to the minimum. If it ejects fine you're set. If not, bump it up a couple at a time until it just makes it into the shooter lane consistently. Less is more here. I have no idea why Stern maxes out that setting. Just ends up tearing up the shooter lane.

#4703 12 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Good, good.
Still, the rest of this chatter about settings, etc would probably be better in one dedicated owners thread for those that come by in a year(s) time and want to search / catch up.

Agreed, but most of it is in the owner's thread already and indexed for tech reference. But if everyone posting tech solutions would post there, it would be great.

#4704 12 months ago

How many pinballs in FF?

#4705 12 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How many pinballs in FF?

Six

#4706 12 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I don't know the number strength in setting, but I pick the lowest and go from there.
My machine is set to lowest setting and ejects balls with no problems. This helps reduce any wear to your shooter lane. Each machine might vary slightly, just want enough strength to get ball ejected without having to struggle with ball ejection.

I went from 255 down to 200 but likely can go lower. I will keep messing with it but so far 200 is not struggling.

#4707 12 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

So since Stern posted video of Premiums on the line, does this mean they are full throttle on premiums and done with LEs or are they still switching between the two? Still no word on my premium shipping.

I would presume they'd have to back to LEs to finish them, but that's just my interpretation

#4708 12 months ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

How many pinballs in FF?

Seven, but one is captive. Only six in the trough.

#4709 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I went from 255 down to 200 but likely can go lower. I will keep messing with it but so far 200 is not struggling.

Offhand, I think 176 is the minimum. I set to minimum and it always works. Less is more here.

#4710 12 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Offhand, I think 176 is the minimum. I set to minimum and it always works. Less is more here.

I know at least two of mine go down into the double digits. And you can definitely set it too low - AIQ took some trial and error. It would have enough pop to eject a ball if the trough was full but get into multiball and you could hear it trying to fire and not ejecting.

#4711 12 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I know at least two of mine go down into the double digits. And you can definitely set it too low - AIQ took some trial and error. It would have enough pop to eject a ball if the trough was full but get into multiball and you could hear it trying to fire and not ejecting.

Maybe they put a floor on it to prevent user error that made it so the ball couldn't eject into the shooter lane. I just know that for the last few NIB Sterns, I've taken the minimum which I think was 175 or 176 and called it good.

#4712 12 months ago

Was fortunate to get an early set of the green Foo LE halos, still no game tho! . What colors look good, first pic, the light green is titan glow,4th pic, the left is a super band. All others are from pinball life. Light blue might be titan, not positive.

20230429_152100 (resized).jpg20230429_152100 (resized).jpg20230429_152157 (resized).jpg20230429_152157 (resized).jpg20230429_152322 (resized).jpg20230429_152322 (resized).jpg20230429_153020 (resized).jpg20230429_153020 (resized).jpg
#4713 12 months ago

Send them my way, I will install them and send photos of how they look

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Was fortunate to get an early set of the green Foo LE halos, still no game tho! . What colors look good, first pic, the light green is titan glow,4th pic, the left is a super band. All others are from pinball life. Light blue might be titan, not positive.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#4714 12 months ago

Just a heads up that the next Project Pinball charity raffle cycle started. NIB Stern Premium, 200 tickets total, $85 for a shot at winning it. You could have a Foo this Summer if you win, and you're helping put smiles on hospitalized kids, no matter what the outcome!

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/premium-pinball-machine-raffle-spring-part-2-2023/Campaign/Details

#4715 12 months ago

Hayfarmer I'm liking the look of the green on green. Green on light blue isn't bad. Green and dark blue nice. Green on purple I like the best. Wait, maybe the green on Red, or maybe the orange too

#4716 12 months ago

I'm thinkin yellow

#4717 12 months ago

Played the Stern row quite a bit today at next level. I loved how Foo shot great flow not too fast and not too slow. That shot behind the the left ramp is a blast. I was hoping that the LE would have been there but no luck and unfortunately it's 350 miles round trip to get there. I can totally see this in my collection.

PXL_20230430_211457228 (resized).jpgPXL_20230430_211457228 (resized).jpg
#4718 11 months ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

*Raises hand waving* My turn!!
I was a big fan of Shifty before he became the lead guitarist for Foo Fighters. He was in No Use For A Name on their latest two albums (at the time) and the longtime guitarist for Fat Mike's (NOFX) cover band, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. I already liked the Foo Fighters and this put them over-the-top for me.
His brother Scott is also the bassist for Face to Face, one of my all-time favorite punk bands. I love the Shifletts.
This is Chris' custom Fender Telecaster with the big Humbucker pickups that he put together for one of his country-centric side projects, Chris Shifflett & The Dead Peasants. Fender made a commercial version of it. It has incredible tone for the price range. Perfect for rocking Foo Fighters!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Chris is such a nice guy. Met him and the boys a few times when they toured Australia. Was awesome to also
Meet jack black on one of their tours here. Good times.

#4719 11 months ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Chris is such a nice guy. Met him and the boys a few times when they toured Australia. Was awesome to also
Meet jack black on one of their tours here. Good times.

That's a funny Avatar Riffbear

#4720 11 months ago

Do we have an idea if the expression lights are coded in all 3 versions of the pin? or are they only coded in premium/le's? or is no code needed and they tie into something else? Im toying with the idea to route out the cab sides and 3d print an adapter to mount the lights in my pro. I already made a route jig from my rush LE to do it.

#4721 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Do we have an idea if the expression lights are coded in all 3 versions of the pin? or are they only coded in premium/le's? or is no code needed and they tie into something else? Im toying with the idea to route out the cab sides and 3d print an adapter to mount the lights in my pro. I already made a route jig from my rush LE to do it.

it has its own node board. If they don't already prevent you from doing this on the pro, it would be very easy for them to, so I wouldn't bother trying (similar to the dead post mod... though i guess their argument would be "intercept the node traffic and code your own expression lights!")

#4722 11 months ago

That would be just mean.
If someone had the skills and wanted to go to that trouble to route their cabinet and install them on their pro then I say let them eat cake.

#4723 11 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That would be just mean.
If someone had the skills and wanted to go to that trouble to route their cabinet and install them on their pro then I say let them eat cake.

If worst comes to worst , couldn't you just tap in like you do for pin stadiums ?

#4724 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If worst comes to worst , couldn't you just tap in like you do for pin stadiums ?

That's above my pay grade. But it's a good comment.
Obviously ninja camp is doing enhancements to existing expression light pins, so they're positioned well to pull this off If anyone could.. Maybe they can team up with the deadpost mod guys.

#4725 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I just bought a used set of pinstadiums to try on elvira. While they are great, they are no match for the expression lights, my opinion. Zepp and rush lights were great and I see no reason why ff won't be as well. This is the main reason reason to buy the premium I believe.

#4726 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just bought a used set of pinstadiums to try on elvira. While they are great, they are no match for the expression lights, my opinion. Zepp and rush lights were great and I see no reason why ff won't be as well. This is the main reason reason to buy the premium I believe.

I get pin stadiums won't be coordinated like the expression lighting but if you can't afford or just prefer the pro , they could be better than nothing .

#4727 11 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I get pin stadiums won't be coordinated like the expression lighting but if you can't afford or just prefer the pro , they could be better than nothing .

They are great on elvira, and it's the earliest version. The latest pinstadiums look really nice

#4728 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

They are great on elvira, and it's the earliest version. The latest pinstadiums look really nice

I'm not really into pin stadiums and I prefer spotlights and trough and back of cabinet LED strips , but I do like how there's an option out there for everybody .

#4729 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Stern mentioned that the expression lights will only work in Premium and LE models.

#4730 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

It's not just code which the pro most likely doesn't support, but the extra cabinet node boards as well (inside my LE)

20230502_101214 (resized).jpg20230502_101214 (resized).jpg

#4731 11 months ago

Ok, so no idea on the code then. I'll have to ask stern. I can always buy a node board from them for it, but the coding is the most important. I don't want to have to keep removing pinstadiums to access under the playfield, so expression lights are good for what they are.

#4732 11 months ago

For Foo Pro, ive been working on this proof of concept.
Not quite ready yet, but close.

#4733 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Ok, so no idea on the code then. I'll have to ask stern. I can always buy a node board from them for it, but the coding is the most important. I don't want to have to keep removing pinstadiums to access under the playfield, so expression lights are good for what they are.

Oh you have to remove pinstadiums to get under the PF? I have never heard that. That's def a deal breaker for me.

#4734 11 months ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Oh you have to remove pinstadiums to get under the PF? I have never heard that. That's def a deal breaker for me.

They are two magnetic strips that pull off and set on the playfield when accessing underside. Its like 10 seconds on and off

#4735 11 months ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

i had them on tspp. they are a pain in the ass to deal with when raising the playfield. never again for me.

#4736 11 months ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

This is why I ultimately got rid of mine. I was really tired of having to deal with them every time I lifted the Playfield. Also, the price is killer. I can customize my pin with all types of lights for less than half the price. JMHO.

#4737 11 months ago
Quoted from gamble89:

They are two magnetic strips that pull off and set on the playfield when accessing underside. Its like 10 seconds on and off

Ya, But they fall over and are a pain to keep in place. The wire is always getting in the way when putting the playfield back down. I bought two. If he wants me to put them on the rest of my pins, Price must come down and I wish there was a way to mount them to the actual playfield.

#4738 11 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Ya, But they fall over and are a pain to keep in place. The wire is always getting in the way when putting the playfield back down. I bought two. If he wants me to put them on the rest of my pins, Price must come down and I wish there was a way to mount them to the actual playfield.

Moreover, the alligator clip power source method is hokey as hell and asking for big trouble in the Spike2 system.

#4739 11 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

LOL he tried a system once to mount them to the actual playfield... "Hover"... it was a disaster, mostly because it was made of the wrong kind of (apparently) 3D printed material and was too brittle to hold up to the stresses of supporting the light bars. Plus you had to manually cut the shroud of the pinstadium sheathing to make them fit. I'm really surprised that he never came up with a better solution after quietly retiring that one, because the IDEA was good, just not implemented well enough.

#4740 11 months ago

My first expression lights but they are FooTastic.

#4741 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Love this. Hea Stern, I want to rip you off, can you help me?

#4742 11 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Love this. Hea Stern, I want to rip you off, can you help me?

Rip them off you say eh? How so sports fan? I'm still buying their pin....still buying their expression lights.....still buying their node board.....I just liked the pro version over the premium as I don't want an upper playfield as my wife likes simple easy fun pins. Heck, I'm even routing out the cab. Now if I ask them how can I hack into their layout to sell my own lights while using their software then I can see an issue, but what you're suggesting is I'm somehow stealing money by adding a feature they're selling lol.

#4743 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Rip them off you say eh? How so sports fan? I'm still buying their pin....still buying their expression lights.....still buying their node board.....I just liked the pro version over the premium as I don't want an upper playfield as my wife likes simple easy fun pins. Heck, I'm even routing out the cab. Now if I ask them how can I hack into their layout to sell my own lights while using their software then I can see an issue, but what you're suggesting is I'm somehow stealing money by adding a feature they're selling lol.

Stern is not really in the business of allowing customers to peacemeal together Promiums as they see fit...they want you to spend the $$ to go to a premium if you want a premium feature.

#4744 11 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Pretty sure they aren't coded into the Pro

#4745 11 months ago

New Foo Code .94 and my Prem ships tomorrow!!!!

#4746 11 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Pretty sure they aren't coded into the Pro

They aren't. However, I found out by accident the le code goes on the pro and still plays. I'm a moron and downloaded the wrong code.

#4747 11 months ago
IMG_0664 (resized).pngIMG_0664 (resized).png
#4748 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

They aren't. However, I found out by accident the le code goes on the pro and still plays. I'm a moron and downloaded the wrong code.

That is an option, but I imagine you could never do anything with Area 51

#4749 11 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Was actually curious on doing this. Was only thinking worst case was I keep getting error codes from the missing parts but in all should work. Wonder if the scoring would be off also.....

#4750 11 months ago
Quoted from noysboy:

For Foo Pro, ive been working on this proof of concept.
Not quite ready yet, but close.</blockquot

If you are talking sports you are still buying the 20 dollar beer, the 8 hot dog and the $5 nosebleed tix and sneaking down to the diamond club.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 499.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/95?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.