5982E109-00E1-4330-ACD8-1681D0445BE9 (resized).jpeg
B0A4BE23-49E3-4A50-A694-64568071DBBA (resized).jpeg
6E1E6D5F-9791-4E67-BBFA-5737151C645B (resized).jpeg
CB9512ED-8948-42D2-883D-6E9463DA9750 (resized).png
753DAFAC-BB8B-42AC-9207-FB152ABCA154 (resized).png
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
FF_LE_arrival (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 99.
#4351 12 months ago

I always appreciate and value the feedback from the more experienced and long term members. You have lived the decades of this awesome hobby.
I’m still new to this hobby and still learning.
I’ve only been around for 5-6 years, the golden age

Thank you.

Looking forward to my FF pin.
This pin looks kickass!

#4352 12 months ago

#4353 12 months ago

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

20230417_184946 (resized).jpg20230417_184946 (resized).jpg
#4354 12 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It was very clear that the lockdown bar was metal, because it always has been. Real backglass is nice, but thats the silliest reason to skip buying a game ever.

Didn’t some of the early 2000’s sterns have plastic lockdown bars? I seem to recall IM and maybe Batman Dark Knight and Tron had them. It has been a while.

#4355 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Didn’t some of the early 2000’s sterns have plastic lockdown bars? I seem to recall IM and maybe Batman Dark Knight and Tron had them. It has been a while.

No.

Maybe some of the home model games?

#4356 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

No shiz, well congratulations to him for joining the club at the cheapest price point and not like the rest of us “suckers” who “blew” an additional 3-6k because we place value in different aspects/features of the game.

Oh come on, drink a cup of coffee it is sarcasm.

#4357 12 months ago

Hey Guys…Together with Stumblor I’ve been working on an ‘upgraded’ Overlord mod. Here’s a tease on where we’re at.

IMG_5822 (resized).jpegIMG_5822 (resized).jpegIMG_5821 (resized).jpegIMG_5821 (resized).jpegIMG_5824 (resized).jpegIMG_5824 (resized).jpeg

As well as all the usual integrated lightshows you’ve come to expect, there’s a couple of other interesting surprises that we’re working on that will hopefully have this mod punching well above its weight. Lot of training to do before he can get in the ring with the Foo, so stay tuned!

#4358 12 months ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Pro is plastic, Premium/LE metal.[quoted image]

Good to hear .

#4359 12 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No.
Maybe some of the home model games?

Maybe I am mistaken about the material but I recall it feeling porous/textured. Must have assumed it was plastic. I do enjoy the feel of the cold metal.

#4360 12 months ago

Ordered me some custom Foo Fighters Vans to go with my LE...Cant wait

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 8.17.58 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 8.17.58 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 8.18.11 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 8.18.11 PM (resized).png
#4361 12 months ago

This kind of bickering never happened in the Love Fest which was Rush pinball .Be happy for one and all ,these are great times in this hobby and these baby’s are about to start landing in homes

#4362 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Maybe I am mistaken about the material but I recall it feeling porous/textured. Must have assumed it was plastic. I do enjoy the feel of the cold metal.

black metal powdercoat has always been the standard for Stern games. It does have a texture vs. being smooth and is extremely durable. The smooth powdercoat on Stern LE games can rub off, especially if you wear a wedding ring when playing.

the exception for Stern games would be some of the games in the "The Pin" line which had a plastic lockdown bar.

thePin (resized).jpgthePin (resized).jpg
#4363 12 months ago

Out of sheer curiosity? What do you reckon the most modded (or mods available) game is? FF seems to be off to a pretty strong mod start. GZ? Twilight Zone?

#4364 12 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

black metal powdercoat has always been the standard for Stern games. It does have a texture vs. being smooth and is extremely durable. The smooth powdercoat on Stern LE games can rub off, especially if you wear a wedding ring when playing.
the exception for Stern games would be some of the games in the "The Pin" line which had a plastic lockdown bar.
[quoted image]

That must be it. Definitely wasn’t the pin, ha.

#4365 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This kind of bickering never happened in the Love Fest which was Rush pinball .Be happy for one and all ,these are great times in this hobby and these baby’s are about to start landing in homes

#4366 12 months ago

I just noticed the Alien is Wearing a mask. I wonder what he Really looks like? Marvin the Martian?

Foo Mask (resized).jpgFoo Mask (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4367 12 months ago

Foos teasing either a new song or new album today on their social medias…

#4368 12 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Yeah...same tease as last week. They're up to something....or the Overlord is.

#4369 12 months ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

It's all a dick measuring contest.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a Pro and an LE.

Ok Pinmonk Pull it out!!

#4370 12 months ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey Guys…Together with Stumblor I’ve been working on an ‘upgraded’ Overlord mod. Here’s a tease on where we’re at.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
As well as all the usual integrated lightshows you’ve come to expect, there’s a couple of other interesting surprises that we’re working on that will hopefully have this mod punching well above its weight. Lot of training to do before he can get in the ring with the Foo, so stay tuned!

Looks more intimidating than the original for sure .Is this for all models ?

1087519D-1E16-4570-80EE-6F7740E7E177 (resized).png1087519D-1E16-4570-80EE-6F7740E7E177 (resized).pngA48B3737-9AB2-4E45-9F78-CDFAB8373F7A (resized).pngA48B3737-9AB2-4E45-9F78-CDFAB8373F7A (resized).png
#4371 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks more intimidating than the original for sure .Is this for all models ? [quoted image][quoted image]

Doesn't have the 'skull mask on a dopey alien' shape though - it's just skeletor.

#4372 12 months ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from MRG:

I just noticed the Alien is Wearing a mask. I wonder what he Really looks like? Marvin the Martian?
[quoted image]

Whoops. mod needs to be resculpted!

#4373 12 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Doesn't have the 'skull mask on a dopey alien' shape though - it's just skeletor.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

We're on it. We'll make some alterations to make him more maskey.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks more intimidating than the original for sure .Is this for all models ? [quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, all models for this one.

#4374 12 months ago

Yeah, as Davey said - it'll be for all models and it's work in progress. We like where it's heading, but it's not finished yet. Just wanted to share where we're at. Some great feedback posted that aligns with what we've also been discussing.

#4376 12 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

A perfect Red Skull for a future Captain America pin.

#4377 12 months ago

Ordered! thanks again for making this mod, looks like it'll be awesome! You think it's possible to mount them to the top of the spotlights or just to the plastics?

#4378 12 months ago

nice work, ordered as well but never purchased directly from pinside shops and it never asked for my address???

#4379 12 months ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Ordered! thanks again for making this mod, looks like it'll be awesome! You think it's possible to mount them to the top of the spotlights or just to the plastics?

I'm sure you could.....but we should have something to show next week for that area, and thank you for the support

#4380 12 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'm sure you could.....but we should have something to show next week for that area, and thank you for the support

A bit new to mods...how is this powered? Clip to a light underneath?

#4381 12 months ago
Quoted from JH315:

A bit new to mods...how is this powered? Clip to a light underneath?

No, it uses the matrix system and connects to the g.i. via a replacement bulb. No alligator clips

#4382 12 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I'll keep an eye out for what you have next

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4383 12 months ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Pigeons are in the shop

bangerjay really was ahead of his time with the Metallica ducks.

#4384 12 months ago

Got invoiced for my premium today.

#4385 12 months ago

Nitro is showing that the Premiums are shipping this Month.

I messaged them to confirm as I have a premium on order from them, but no word back yet. Have not been invoiced yet, but exciting if it's coming up!

#4386 12 months ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Got invoiced for my premium today.

Woah sweet

#4387 12 months ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I wish they would add a Save the Cows from Aliens mode and use the Foo Fighters song "For All the Cows", that would be epic. Someone tell Rayday or Jack to do this please.

#4388 12 months ago
Quoted from clarkmu22:

I'm in on an LE. Looking forward to it. I considered downgrading to a Pro because it's so good. I'll probably stick with the LE though. That said, no way the extra money is "worth it"
I won't spend my time trying to convince someone else my decision is a good one. Fact is, most people would think we're ALL batshit crazy for spending the type of money we do on pinball... and that includes Pros!
Enjoy your machines, Pro, Premium or LE. Pinball is a great hobby and makes us all lighter in the wallet!

I had a nice phone call with Gary Stern way back when Ghostbusters came out. I had a bad playfield. Some back and forth trying to get it resolved, and one day he picked up his phone and gave me a ring which was pretty cool. Half of the call I was in the bathroom taking a shit lol...But we went over many topics and he was a really great guy.

Long story short, one of the topics was the Pro, Premium, LE choices. The way Gary explained it was that there's "something for everyone" in the sense they built a full game with everything the designer wanted in the game and made those limited to X amount sold that caters to enthusiasts and collectors, then the Premiums for the general home consumer who wants the full game but doesn't care about the limited model / collectibility, and then the Pro which is geared towards the operator looking to have a simpler game that can become cash flow positive asap.

Those were not exactly his words, but that's how I understood them, and I'm sure it's not any surprise to many of you here.

My point is this I pop in here and it's always the same story, people arguing over which model is better, why one is not worth as much as the other, and then you have the crowd that spends time trying to somehow convince people the Pro is actually better AND cheaper. I love those guys lol

At the end of the day, based on what Gary himself thinks of the tiers, it really comes down to whatever category you're in. Because if money was no object, let's be real, every single person would choose the LE (in my opinion).

#4389 12 months ago

question for those who have bought games recently like Godzilla and Foo Fighters, Can a Premium Steel April be fitted to a Pro game?

#4390 12 months ago
Quoted from swinks:

question for those who have bought games recently like Godzilla and Foo Fighters, Can a Premium Steel April be fitted to a Pro game?

Should be no problem. The UV kit for Stranger Things pro included a metal apron that you swapped for the stock plastic one. I don't think anything's changed.

#4391 12 months ago
Quoted from kpg:

I had a nice phone call with Gary Stern way back when Ghostbusters came out. I had a bad playfield. Some back and forth trying to get it resolved, and one day he picked up his phone and gave me a ring which was pretty cool. Half of the call I was in the bathroom taking a shit lol...But we went over many topics and he was a really great guy.
Long story short, one of the topics was the Pro, Premium, LE choices. The way Gary explained it was that there's "something for everyone" in the sense they built a full game with everything the designer wanted in the game and made those limited to X amount sold that caters to enthusiasts and collectors, then the Premiums for the general home consumer who wants the full game but doesn't care about the limited model / collectibility, and then the Pro which is geared towards the operator looking to have a simpler game that can become cash flow positive asap.
Those were not exactly his words, but that's how I understood them, and I'm sure it's not any surprise to many of you here.
My point is this I pop in here and it's always the same story, people arguing over which model is better, why one is not worth as much as the other, and then you have the crowd that spends time trying to somehow convince people the Pro is actually better AND cheaper. I love those guys lol
At the end of the day, based on what Gary himself thinks of the tiers, it really comes down to whatever category you're in. Because if money was no object, let's be real, every single person would choose the LE (in my opinion).

You're wrong. Sometimes/rarely the pro literly is more desiresble. I hate Aerosmith and Game of Thrones premium. I don't care for Metallica premium as much as pro. There are instances, while I personally prefer TWD as a premium, a lot like it as a pro. Gaurdians people prefer pro.

Shit, I honestly didn't think I'd have so many examples, and I understand your logic, but not isn't that simple. The upper playfield on this game (as do most) bores me to tears.

#4392 12 months ago

Why don’t we stay on topic and talk about FF on here????

So over this whole debate of Pro vs Premium/LE… Surely there is another thread where you can all go and sook about it Pro vs Premium/LE’s together …

#4393 12 months ago

Its pinside, and everything is on the table on repeat. Its entertaining and informative reading about people's opinions, new or old, right or wrong.... Why do you think I'm here, it's not for FF.. It's a fun thread.
I appreciate the hype and excitement and the wait brings out the diversity of topics and posts from a 14 year vet to 8 year regular to 1st year or second year noob, it's all good...
Even when people say can't we get back on topic pumping up the hype train.. lol. All so predictable. Carry on hosers! Er, wait, that's me too. Lol.

#4394 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're wrong. Sometimes/rarely the pro literly is more desiresble. I hate Aerosmith and Game of Thrones premium. I don't care for Metallica premium as much as pro. There are instances, while I personally prefer TWD as a premium, a lot like it as a pro. Gaurdians people prefer pro.
Shit, I honestly didn't think I'd have so many examples, and I understand your logic, but not isn't that simple. The upper playfield on this game (as do most) bores me to tears.

I’m curious how many games you have on a premium/LE?

#4395 12 months ago

About 6 or 7. I had a premium on order until I played it.
I know some people poo poo on twd premium, snd I wouldn't own a pro. So I get it... We all have opinions, and that's totally okay. Both games are awesome. As someone else said, let us move on.

#4396 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

About 6 or 7. I had a premium on order until I played it.
I know some people poo poo on twd premium, snd I wouldn't own a pro. So I get it... We all have opinions, and that's totally okay. Both games are awesome. As someone else said, let us move on.

Just interesting that you decided it bores you to tears after 6 or 7 games. That’s a pretty strong take.

Last night I had Area 51 multiball going and had to try and keep two balls going on the lower playfield while hitting jackpot shots on the upper. Definitely wasn’t bored!

That’s an experience you will never have on a pro.

#4397 12 months ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Just interesting that you decided it bores you to tears after 6 or 7 games. That’s a pretty strong take.
Last night I had Area 51 multiball going and had to try and keep two balls going on the lower playfield while hitting jackpot shots on the upper. Definitely wasn’t bored!
That’s an experience you will never have on a pro.

Yep, that's correct.

#4398 12 months ago

Moving on, let this soak in: one is a professionally made model and one is from a hobbiest. Crazy.

Pinside_forum_7535802_0 (resized).pngPinside_forum_7535802_0 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230419_071439_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230419_071439_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4399 12 months ago

You may want to take some classes on interacting with people . Lol
He told you what Gary said was the plan . Doesn’t mean it works for you but that doesn’t make him wrong .
Enjoy your Pros . We get it . That’s what you love and you know what . That makes you right ; )

#4400 12 months ago

NEW FOOS ALBUM “BUT HERE WE ARE” ANNOUNCED FOR RELEASE ON 6/2!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 499.00
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Yorba Linda, CA
$ 16.50
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Burlington, VT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Toronto, ON
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
GAD Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

There are 4,920 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 99.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-foo-fighters-there-goes-my-hero-hype-thread-/page/88?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.